Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dang, Jacobs has rthe 2nd highest break tackle in the league. Higher than Henry even.

I saw this a couple minutes ago.  Started from the bottom, was pissed he wasn't in the 5-10 range, then realized he was at 2 lol.  Thought I was seeing things for a couple seconds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I can’t stand Ari. Hope him and Chris Delia both get cancelled for good. People try too hard to be edgy with their negative, self fulfilling, narcissistic outlook on life. I hate how people try to make others feel and think! Just comes off the wrong way. 

I can’t Say what would happen if I ever saw Ari Shaffir in person but I guarantee he’d regret what he did.  Horrible vile sub human.  Besides the Kobe thing he’s just a bad bad beta-male “person” for many many reasons.

dont know much about Delia but he’s the pedofile comedian right?  He can go too imo.

17 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I can’t Say what would happen if I ever saw Ari Shaffir in person but I guarantee he’d regret what he did.  Horrible vile sub human.  Besides the Kobe thing he’s just a bad bad beta-male “person” for many many reasons.

dont know much about Delia but he’s the pedofile comedian right?  He can go too imo.

Basically.... I follow the Joe Rogan podcast so I’m use to those characters. Those two always seemed off... not surprised what happened to them

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Basically.... I follow the Joe Rogan podcast so I’m use to those characters. Those two always seemed off... not surprised what happened to them

I admit I like Shaffir’s amazing racist years ago.... it was a FU to the current PC culture before it really even took off....

but as I learned more of the guy he seemed like a pathetic man deep down and someone who’d rape a passed out girl if you know what I mean.... just a morally twisted and demented Beta-male

.... it was one of those things where just cuz you like the guys work doesn’t mean you like the guy....

like Bill Cosby was still funny back in he day, despite being a serial rapist

or I love Lebron on my Lakers but despise his politics.  

The two things don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Note: when you learn what bill cosby or ari or Delia did it does really ruin the appreciation for their comedy.... my point was at the time they were funny, now I despise them and thus don’t enjoy their comedy.

Edited by jimkelly02

16 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I wasn’t piling on her... I didn’t say she deserved that happened because she didn’t wear a life vest... i said nothing like that. 

So that’s why I don’t buy your moral superiority lecture.  There’s a difference from commenting on how tragic yet potentially  avoidable the death was and pulling an Ari Shaffir.  I don’t care she was some 6th round draft pick’s semi-cute sister with a brief acting career of her own... I’m not going to idolize her for that.... but she was a human, a mother+sister+friend+etc, an American.  It’s just as sad and tragic as any other death and one that could have been avoided potentially.  

I simply was stressing the importance of safety when swimming.  Things can turn tragic fast.  No one likes to wear a life vest, their bulky and just “uncool” imo.  However, when your a parent it’s your responsibility to ensure your child’s safety AND your safety so you can be there for them.  I didn’t say she deserved what happened, I wish it never happened, I hope people realize the risks and act more safe.  It’s one of those things we’re you can do it 1000x before and never have a problem but that 1x, when certain conditions exist or a specific situation presents itself, and it’s a perfect storm for a tragic event.  
Do I always act safe? Absolutely not... I’m the definition of reckless... we’ll I use to be.  So no I didn’t say she deserved what happened because she didn’t wear her vest.

“and the it’s just not time yet” is a piss poor comment.... yeah let’s wait 6 weeks and then return and comment on a post 53 pages and 600 months ago.  I’m pretty sure if anyone really knows her her loss will still be very hard to deal with then too.

Not to mention I made the comment on a Raiders Message board... so let’s not act like I posted it on her online obituary.

Like I said I agree with you on the generalization about people making bad decisions but we had very little evidence as to what happened and the use of the word hubris gives it a negative viewpoint.  You did not say she deserved it but you implied it was her own fault with your choice of words.  You remind me of a younger version of me sometimes so I get where you are coming from.

Saw an old article were Mark Davis said that after they signed Carr to that contract they offered Mack and contract that would have made him the highest paid defensive player and they said they wanted to wait. 

Don’t want to bring up old things but I didn’t know about that contract offer they gave to Mack. 

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Saw an old article were Mark Davis said that after they signed Carr to that contract they offered Mack and contract that would have made him the highest paid defensive player and they said they wanted to wait. 

Don’t want to bring up old things but I didn’t know about that contract offer they gave to Mack. 

Iirc, they offered him a contract twice at least.  One when they signed Carr and a second at the end of his last season here.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I saw that too.  I feel like it's as much on Mack as it is the organization. If that's true. 

Edited by Totty

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Like I said I agree with you on the generalization about people making bad decisions but we had very little evidence as to what happened and the use of the word hubris gives it a negative viewpoint.  You did not say she deserved it but you implied it was her own fault with your choice of words.  You remind me of a younger version of me sometimes so I get where you are coming from.

The hubris comment wasn’t directed solely at her.  The comment has directed at society as a whole.  Everyone thinks there so safe, “it wouldn’t happen to me”, etc etc..... until it does.  That’s hubris... intentional or not.  

It’s especially prevalent with wealthy people, as she became.  I do Admit I’m more sensitive to these things then most having had a neighbor toddler drown when I was a child, living in an area that has a large man made like where every year at least 3 Dominicans come on from the Bronx to go swimming and jump off a cliff and end up dying.... like clockwork it happens 3x a summer, and now working in the pool industry for the last 5-6 years and being responsible for meeting Absurd safety codes, but they’re there because someone did die before...... not to mention spending years in prison where your never safe and one small mistake and your life’s on the line.  All day I see just crazy things people do And say and think “do they not realize how badly things could turn for them” but their completely obvious to that l possibility.

I don’t want to go into it more than that though.... I get why you fired back at me and it’s no hard feelings.... There was no Ill will meant from either side.