Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Fun fact: Raiders have not had a losing record at the start of a decade since 1960. 

1960: 6-8

1970: 8-4-2

1980: 11-5 (Super Bowl win)

1990: 12-4

2000: 12-4 (one of the greatest to not win a ring)

2010: 8-8

And usually the team before was always a bad team. Let’s see if the trend continues. 5-6 wins this year and 8+ in 2020. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly what I am saying.  Anyone that knows football knows that this statement is accurate.  All this talk of trading Carr and getting Foles or Fitztrash.  Nonsense.  Trading Carr and drafting Murray nonsense...  At least Mayock is sensible.

lol What is Mayock supposed to say about a player there is trade speculation around. 

"He sucks. We dont want him no more."

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly what I am saying.  Anyone that knows football knows that this statement is accurate.  All this talk of trading Carr and getting Foles or Fitztrash.  Nonsense.  Trading Carr and drafting Murray nonsense...  At least Mayock is sensible.

It doesn't say Mayock wouldn't trade him. It just says Mayock thinks he's a franchise QB.

• Like 1

Mayock also went on to say basically “look at Carrs weapons and protection last year”. 

I’m in the minority here. I’m not a Carr hugger like Frankie and wanna keep him forever and not a total Carr hater like SilverNBlack, I wanna give Carr a second year in Grudens system with hopefully better weapons and better protection. If he doesn’t show dramatic improvement, I mean looking like at least a Top 10 QB, then I say we draft a QB in the 2020 draft and cut our ties with Carr. 

However, if Gruden and Mayock decide to “sell high” on Carr while hes still worth a 1st Round Pick, couldn’t say I’d be mad.

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mayock also went on to say basically “look at Carrs weapons and protection last year”

I’m in the minority here. I’m not a Carr hugger like Frankie and wanna keep him forever and not a total Carr hater like SilverNBlack, I wanna give Carr a second year in Grudens system with hopefully better weapons and better protection. If he doesn’t show dramatic improvement, I mean looking like at least a Top 10 QB, then I say we draft a QB in the 2020 draft and cut our ties with Carr. 

However, if Gruden and Mayock decide to “sell high” on Carr while hes still worth a 1st Round Pick, couldn’t say I’d be mad.

If you are looking to trade him you are still going to make excuses for him.  You want to explain his poor play and act like you are willing to hold on to him.  I think you and I have are both in the same boat when it comes to Carr but I put zero stock in what our coach and GM say at this point.  I have zero confidence what any NFL person says around this time.  I do however agree with the quote but do not think it is enough to save his job if they get a good trade offer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Mayock also went on to say basically “look at Carrs weapons and protection last year”. 

Devil's advocate here is the problem.... 2019 is a bad QB draft and Carr's value is at a peak. You have a better shot in trade today with the QB needy teams out there than if Carr was to have another dud season. 

It's a major risk/reward game

• Like 2