Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Raiders opening up the season against the Jets would be my guess or at home against the Titans. 

I don’t expect more then one prime time game which is the Thursday night game. 

Just give us KC on the road in September or October for the love of god please. 

The home opponents aside from Division teams is seriously boring. The one exciting one is a home game in London. 

Edited by agarcia34

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders opening up the season against the Jets would be my guess or at home against the Titans. 

Just give us KC on the road in September or October for the love of god please

The home opponents aside from Division teams is seriously boring. The one exciting one is a home game in London. 

Its apparently a late winter holiday in KC to have Carr play in sub zero weather.  The NFL will probably stop having the Lions play on Thanksgiving before we get to play in KC with decent weather.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, agarcia34 said:

Just give us KC on the road in September or October for the love of god please. 

Never expect a season where the Raiders have good luck in timing or location.  The NFL literally craps all over our season before they move on to the other 31 teams.  All our home games are against nearby teams, we have 5-12 away games all on the east coast at 7 AM all in a row, and we have 3 London games and 1 Mexico game against the Patriots at 3:30 AM.  Assume that we have at least 6 Thursday games as well, those are every other week.  Our bye week is actually between a Thursday game and a Sunday game, so our bye week is actually 2 days long.

From another forum regarding the Athletic's interview with Kolton Miller:

He's now at 330 lbs, up 10 lbs from his weight at the start of the 2018 season and 18 lbs from his weight on Draft Night 2018.
*His knee is healed. He declined surgery because the heal rates for his injury with and without surgery are the same.
*He thinks Trent Brown is bigger than any player he's seen before.
*He was very complimentary towards Penn and KO, but also says their departures are "how the business works."
*Myles Garrett and Melvin Ingram were the players he had the biggest struggles with.
*He's building a house in Henderson, NV.
*Tafur made a point of not asking him which side he'll be playing this season.

I like Parker and Miller both bulking up. It doesn't go with the athletic ZBS which is why I thought they were drafted. Brown is HUGE and I thought I saw we had the biggest oline by average. Houston only 6'2 300lbs or so but the other guys...Wow! Reminds me of Veldheer pic his last season with us where they made him green 'Hulk' LOL

Our OL could be even bigger then the 2016 Carr Insurance...

Penn-KO-Hudson-Gabe-Howard  was one of the biggest OL's in the league. 

Brown and Miller at OT would be even bigger combined, since they are around 360-330 respectable

Gabe might be bit lighter, but if Good ends up being the other starter we should see a heavier duo this year, while Hudson is the same player...

The problem here is that while Tice run a PBS scheme back then, Cable is a ZBS coach...Not pure ZBS obviously, but still ZBS heavy. This OL player by player won't be anywhere close to an ideal ZBS line, only Hudson is a true ZBS fit.

I think Cable ideally want big strong OT's and a strong, but mobile interior to work with. He could have that now, so if he can't show a significant improvement in pass blocking and run blocking he should be fired right after the season ends...

Brown and Miller should be the biggest OT duo in the NFL IMO. They should have the lenght and the power to keep Carr clean...ideally I mean.

Hudson and Gabe should be alright, so if they can find another servicable OG they have to put out at least an average OL for Carr. Carr will help them with his quick release for sure and hopefully he can build on his improved (mid season) footwork in the pocket too.  

It will be interesting whether we pick up another OG via draft or try to find our new starter inhouse...Good and Green has experience and we have Sharpe and Parker as OT's, who could benefit from an inside move IMO.

Risner, Lindstrom, Ford could be early OL options for us in the 24-35 range IMO