Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

41 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Our OL could be even bigger then the 2016 Carr Insurance...

Penn-KO-Hudson-Gabe-Howard  was one of the biggest OL's in the league. 

Brown and Miller at OT would be even bigger combined, since they are around 360-330 respectable

Gabe might be bit lighter, but if Good ends up being the other starter we should see a heavier duo this year, while Hudson is the same player...

The problem here is that while Tice run a PBS scheme back then, Cable is a ZBS coach...Not pure ZBS obviously, but still ZBS heavy. This OL player by player won't be anywhere close to an ideal ZBS line, only Hudson is a true ZBS fit.

I think Cable ideally want big strong OT's and a strong, but mobile interior to work with. He could have that now, so if he can't show a significant improvement in pass blocking and run blocking he should be fired right after the season ends...

Brown and Miller should be the biggest OT duo in the NFL IMO. They should have the lenght and the power to keep Carr clean...ideally I mean.

Hudson and Gabe should be alright, so if they can find another servicable OG they have to put out at least an average OL for Carr. Carr will help them with his quick release for sure and hopefully he can build on his improved (mid season) footwork in the pocket too.  

It will be interesting whether we pick up another OG via draft or try to find our new starter inhouse...Good and Green has experience and we have Sharpe and Parker as OT's, who could benefit from an inside move IMO.

Risner, Lindstrom, Ford could be early OL options for us in the 24-35 range IMO

I agree with parts of this assessment but I think we need to get away from calling Cable anything other than a oline coach. He isn't zone or power. He comes to a team and installs what he and the OC think will work best. He, his OCs and head coaches have said it multple times.

Here is the last time it was brought up.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/6/15/17469324/tom-cable-is-not-simply-a-zone-scheme-guy-and-raiders-offensive-linemen-are-just-his-type

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree with parts of this assessment but I think we need to get away from calling Cable anything other than a oline coach. He isn't zone or power. He comes to a team and installs what he and the OC think will work best. He, his OCs and head coaches have said it multple times.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/6/15/17469324/tom-cable-is-not-simply-a-zone-scheme-guy-and-raiders-offensive-linemen-are-just-his-type

Yeah it sounds great!

But the fact is that he run a ZBS heavy scheme everywhere so far...

From Albert Beer

Keep an eye on Justin Ellis as a trade option for the Raiders. 

6) The veteran trade market should be active this week. Clark’s name is the biggest, but not the only big one. Teams are keeping an eye on former Cardinals first-rounder Robert Nkemdiche. And San Francisco’s Arik Armstead could be involved in discussions, too (although I’m told he is in the Niners’ plans at this point). Oakland’s Justin Ellis, who the Raiders signed to a three-year, $13.5 million deal last March, is another defensive lineman who’s believed to be available. And most of you know about Duke Johnson’s situation in Cleveland. As for receivers, I did ask a couple teams, and the most significant name I could come away with that could be moved was Dallas’s Allan Hurns, who’s coming off a significant injury. There just aren’t a lot of answers at that position this offseason, which leads us back to…

If it was a medically diagnosed grade 2 MCL tear that’s a legit injury, not sure why he played through it? Definitely would explain a good deal of his struggles late in the season. That’s a tough spot to be in. Expect some changes with a healthy knee, 15 pounds of good weight and a year in the NFL. Still have a lot of faith in the kid. A lot of hate around here for him, hope he proves a lot of people wrong. Not his fault Gruden took him too 15 and threw him in the fire. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If it was a medically diagnosed grade 2 MCL tear that’s a legit injury, not sure why he played through it? Definitely would explain a good deal of his struggles late in the season. That’s a tough spot to be in. Expect some changes with a healthy knee, 15 pounds of good weight and a year in the NFL. Still have a lot of faith in the kid. A lot of hate around here for him, hope he proves a lot of people wrong. Not his fault Gruden took him too 15 and threw him in the fire. 

I agree. I pretty much posted the same thing. I’m pulling for the kid because the offense is nothing without a good OL.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

From Albert Beer

Keep an eye on Justin Ellis as a trade option for the Raiders. 

6) The veteran trade market should be active this week. Clark’s name is the biggest, but not the only big one. Teams are keeping an eye on former Cardinals first-rounder Robert Nkemdiche. And San Francisco’s Arik Armstead could be involved in discussions, too (although I’m told he is in the Niners’ plans at this point). Oakland’s Justin Ellis, who the Raiders signed to a three-year, $13.5 million deal last March, is another defensive lineman who’s believed to be available. And most of you know about Duke Johnson’s situation in Cleveland. As for receivers, I did ask a couple teams, and the most significant name I could come away with that could be moved was Dallas’s Allan Hurns, who’s coming off a significant injury. There just aren’t a lot of answers at that position this offseason, which leads us back to…

Miami would make sense for Justin Ellis.

1) Reggie McKenzie now works there
2) Dolphins need IDL
3) His contract kinda looks like contracts Miami has offered this offseason, the 2ish years 4-5mil a season types for a vet stand in while they rebuild.

8 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Miami would make sense for Justin Ellis.

1) Reggie McKenzie now works there
2) Dolphins need IDL
3) His contract kinda looks like contracts Miami has offered this offseason, the 2ish years 4-5mil a season types for a vet stand in while they rebuild.

Fleecing Reggie would be a possibility. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rolni said:

Yeah it sounds great!

But the fact is that he run a ZBS heavy scheme everywhere so far...

Because that is what the team makeup and offense coordinator called for in some places. Others he was asked to run more powers  and counters.  You're still oversimplifying it to fit your argument.

15 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Nothing works best when it comes to Cable. He's trash.

Edited by raidr4life