Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

His inconsistency is still there. Outside 2 big games, he was mostly average with the Cowboys.

That's his career so far. Great games here and there, average to non factor the rest of the time. I don't understand why some people say he was a different player in Dallas. Is it worth being paid 18M+? I'd say no.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 7:52 AM, oakdb36 said:

That's his career so far. Great games here and there, average to non factor the rest of the time. I don't understand why some people say he was a different player in Dallas. Is it worth being paid 18M+? I'd say no.

I hope Abram develops into a stud and they pay A. Cooper 18+ just to be mediocre.  Even if he's slightly better than his rookie and sophemore seasons, Cooper will never be worth 18+ million.  He isn't even a top 10 WR.  It would just make our trade look that much better for us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Seems pretty straightforward to me.  Gruden and the staff tried to win with what they had at the start of the season, going vet heavy.  When the wheels fell off, they changed gears into rebuild mode.  Playing younger players and looking to off load big contracts. 

I understand why the vets wouldn't like that, but how does anyone not understand it?

As for Gruden saying one thing and doing another.  I mean come on.  What's he supposed to do?  "This is the plan. Oh crap that's not working, ok now this is the plan"

That's not lying, that's being smart enough to admit things needed to change. 

Ultimately, if the team does well no one will even remember this crap and if the team doesn't do well they'll point to these things as the reasons why. As for the locker room, there is less than 10 guys on the team who even played with Mack or on that 2016 team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Tough to hear and pretty much sums up why I don't think this team will ever amount to anything under Gruden. His ego will continue to rule over this thing. Modern day Al Davis.

Those comments about his hand picked strength and conditioning coach were painful to hear. An NFL team employing a personal trainer as an assistant...... yeesh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Tough to hear and pretty much sums up why I don't think this team will ever amount to anything under Gruden. His ego will continue to rule over this thing. Modern day Al Davis.

Those comments about his hand picked strength and conditioning coach were painful to hear. An NFL team employing a personal trainer as an assistant...... yeesh.

I do think tho, that's why he gut the roster of veterans the younger drafted guys won't see him that way until he starts lying to them.

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Seems pretty straightforward to me.  Gruden and the staff tried to win with what they had at the start of the season, going vet heavy.  When the wheels fell off, they changed gears into rebuild mode.  Playing younger players and looking to off load big contracts. 

I understand why the vets wouldn't like that, but how does anyone not understand it?

As for Gruden saying one thing and doing another.  I mean come on.  What's he supposed to do?  "This is the plan. Oh crap that's not working, ok now this is the plan"

Ultimately, if the team does well no one will even remember this crap and if the team doesn't do well they'll point to these things as the reasons why. As for the locker room, there is less than 10 guys on the team who even played with Mack or on that 2016 team.

I know what you trying to say, but I don't know if you can say they tried to win with what they had, when they traded their best player before the season, that took the wind out of the sails of alot of people, if the wheels fell off it was his own doing, and then Cable wanting to shuffle the OL.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Yeah I've said it time and again. If Gruden is a liar, so are all the other power guys in the NFL. Just nonsense some want to paint this as him being some scumbag or something. It takes fire, personality and charisma to inspire guys in this sport. Every great coach has their brand of it.

Also happy he put the "Oline gave up on Carr" rumors to bed and pointed the finger at the real culprit. It was Miko wannabe something trying to stir the pot.

12 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I know what you trying to say, but I don't know if you can say they tried to win with what they had, when they traded their best player before the season, that took the wind out of the sails of alot of people, if the wheels fell off it was his own doing, and then Cable wanting to shuffle the OL.

What they had excluded Mack after the contract demand.

40 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'm sure Mack being traded was a shock to all of them. It was to everyone, but even KO said it wasn't as big as the Amari trade because it was before the season started. Like I said, all the vets were unhappy and the guy doing the interview even pointed out that's natural in a rebuild. Vets don't want to rebuild.

As for the Cable stuff, I can't defend his results, but he was up front with the plan. KO sounded like a disgruntled ex-employee. I get it. But, the truth is, the oline fell off the year before Cable even was here. He acted (and some fans) like Gruden dismantled a 12-4 team. 

For me, all of this is excuses the players can use to why they were bad or wanted out. At some point you have to put your big boy pants on and do your job.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

The problem is they told everybody who would listen how much they loved Mack and wanted to re-sign him.

Reggie did that. Gruden flat out stated the defense was bad even with him. I don't think gruden didn't want him, I just think he had a true understanding of the negative effect it would have on paying two players 25+ million a season. I think he knew that by adding 3 or 4 solid players for the same amount with the right coaching would amount to much more. I don't think Gruden lied intentionally, he just adapted to the terrible situation and did what he thought was best for 2019, 2020, and beyond. His goal was to try and hit the playoffs year 1, but once he saw what was available, he knew he'd have to bide his time and slowly build us back up. I think he made the right choice. I believe in the GM and HC.

Edited by Jerry