Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

The problem is they told everybody who would listen how much they loved Mack and wanted to re-sign him.

There are tons of things I love and want to buy that I could theoretically afford but my practical brain stops me from making the mistake of overspending when I could be using the money more efficiently.

4 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

There are tons of things I love and want to buy that I could theoretically afford but my practical brain stops me from making the mistake of overspending when I could be using the money more efficiently.

Well we still could have afforded Mack no matter how people spin it. We would have less draft picks, but we still had the space for Macks contract with all the moves we had made, and i'm not saying it wasn't the right move, but the cap space was there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well we still could have afforded Mack no matter how people spin it. We would have less draft picks, but we still had the space for Macks contract with all the moves we had made, and i'm not saying it wasn't the right move, but the cap space was there.

11 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Theoretically it's not the same thing.

31 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Theoretically it's not the same thing.

How is it not the same thing?

Mack is an expensive asset we could have afforded this year but would have made other cap moves more difficult in the years to come as his contract balloons when added to Carr's. If we gave him up, we gained the money that would have been spent on him and draft capitol to build young.

Only thing that changes in my analogy is the draft capitol to build young which is the really sweet part of the deal and an even better selling point.

11 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Joyner or Tyrell Williams or both probably don’t happen just guessing money wise but that would been no prob. 

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Tough to hear and pretty much sums up why I don't think this team will ever amount to anything under Gruden. His ego will continue to rule over this thing. Modern day Al Davis.

Those comments about his hand picked strength and conditioning coach were painful to hear. An NFL team employing a personal trainer as an assistant...... yeesh.

It is definitely a common theme with Gruden that wherever he goes, veteran players keep saying he lies. Tough to read that the locker room seemed to have a huge disconnect with the coaches. Doesn’t bode well tbh.

Interesting that we were looking to take Nelson in the draft and wanted KO to play tackle.

20 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well we got 25M in cap space so I dont see how not.

Ok lets simplify this.

Lets say you just moved into a new apartment, but don't any furniture for your new living room! You only have $5,000 dollars that you can spend. What do you do? Do you spend all of it on a top of the line TV and luxury couch? Or do you budget and fill out the whole living room with decent lamps, a couple good coffee tables, wall decor and some knick knacks. You can make the room completely suit your personality, and feel comfortable, instead of being an empty room with a nice TV and couch.. and Wow! Surprise! You did a really good job budgeting and have some leftover cash! Unfortunately, it's not enough to upgrade the budget TV and couch, but I know! Let's save that money and start upgrading when there's some good deals! Whoopee! Life's awesome!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

Ok lets simplify this.

Lets say you just moved into a new apartment, but don't any furniture for your new living room! You only have $5,000 dollars that you can spend. What do you do? Do you spend all of it on a top of the line TV and luxury couch? Or do you budget and fill out the whole living room with decent lamps, a couple good coffee tables, wall decor and some knick knacks. You can make the room completely suit your personality, and feel comfortable, instead of being an empty room with a nice TV and couch.. and Wow! Surprise! You did a really good job budgeting and have some leftover cash! Unfortunately, it's not enough to upgrade the budget TV and couch, but I know! Let's save that money and start upgrading when there's some good deals! Whoopee! Life's awesome!

Love the analogy haha.

Ps I thought you were replying to yourself.

47 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

Ok lets simplify this.

The lamps were cheap and soon broke. The girlfriend changed her mind and wanted to change the decor and said the coffee table didn’t fit what she wanted. I should have bought the tv and couch as I am going to have spend another $5000 to replace everything and I still need a Tv and couch and they are getting more expensive.

Edited by Dessie

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

The lamps were cheap and soon broke. The girlfriend changed her mind and wanted to change the decor and said the coffee table didn’t fit what she wanted. I should have bought the tv and couch as I am going to have spend another $5000 to replace everything and I still need a Tv and couch and they are getting more expensive.

Luckily, I've known my girlfriend for a long time so I've learned her tastes. The lamps may have broken, but I knew they were only going to be temporary. Now I know exactly which lamps I want to buy because I've had some time to think about it.