Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Was hoping Jackson would slide over next to Miller on the left but keeping the big guys on the right with the TE might be because Gruden is planning on extra run heavy game plans.

Worried about Good or any new player lining up next to a rookie. Glad they packed on size from last year (Miller/Parker) which should help if it didn't take away their athletic ability.

It sounds like Brandon Parker will also get a shot at LG...would make sense IMO, since he was a LT all his life, but seems to be too slow to be an OT on the outside...kick him inside and also keep him on his natural left side...

Miller-Parker-Hudson-Jackson-Brown  could be the line if Parker can beat out Good...would be a pretty inexperienced and fearfull left side...

Something to do, play along if you wish... 

Most Overrated: None really, but I guess any of our TEs if we consider them starter calibre
Most Underrated: Karl Joseph
Best Player: Rodney Hudson
Key New Addition: Antonio Brown
Could Surprise: Kolton Miller
Takes a Leap: PJ Hall 
Prove it Year: Jon Gruden

On 19/05/2019 at 3:29 PM, Jerry said:

Demoralizing. I hope this is completely different next offseason.

No way Hudson wasn't near the very top performers at OC and Conley did very well too, this actually for me throws a lot of doubt about how these PFF guys come up with their ratings.  Hudson was absolutely Pro Bowl worthy and in a better team probably in the All Pro discussion.  I'm not entirely sure how high 80.0 is as a ranking in their system but I didn't see a better centre in 2018.

33 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

No way Hudson wasn't near the very top performers at OC and Conley did very well too, this actually for me throws a lot of doubt about how these PFF guys come up with their ratings.  Hudson was absolutely Pro Bowl worthy and in a better team probably in the All Pro discussion.  I'm not entirely sure how high 80.0 is as a ranking in their system but I didn't see a better centre in 2018.

Yeah, I agree.  AB leading the league in TD's with almost 1300 yards in 15 games and still being ranked the 26th WR is ridiculous.  As for your statement regarding Hudson, It shows on the bottom left hand corner of the image that he was ranked the #4 C in the NFL.  However they calculate grades for centers, they need to change that.  A center ranked at #4 should be in the high 80s or 90s, just like they would be at any other position.  I also agree with their grading of CBs as well, it seems like if the CB isn't tested constantly, then they don't grade well.  They ranked Trayvon Mullen very low, even though he never gave up a TD in college.  

Even though I really enjoy reading PFF articles and seeing what they have to say about players, PFF's grading system is very flawed.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

As for your statement regarding Hudson, It shows on the bottom left hand corner of the image that he was ranked the #4 C in the NFL.  However they calculate grades for centers, they need to change that.  A center ranked at #4 should be in the high 80s or 90s, just like they would be at any other position. 

It just shows there were very few elite/very good Cs in the league last season according to their grading system. It doesn't necessarily mean their system is flawed.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Really weird how they keep bringing him up as a "best kept secret".  I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up getting beat out by F. Moreau.

They keep bringing him up because they are asked about him. They are asked about him because the position fluid at the moment and he is the most polarizing TE we have.  But like you said I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the best TE we have in the room.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

Really weird how they keep bringing him up as a "best kept secret".  I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up getting beat out by F. Moreau.

The reason they have high hopes for him because he is a former WR with size and speed to be a matchup nightmare for LB's and safety's very similar to Cook and we don't see what he does in practice everyday why they have such high hopes for him. Moreau ain't turning that into a TD.