Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Call me crazy but I think we can be in the mix for playoffs next year.......   

• We have a franchise QB... I believe in Carr, he can be a top 10 qb... end of the day,  QB play is the difference between good teams and bad
  • our interior line will be healthy in a strength
  • Kolton Miller will develop into LT
  • 5 draft picks to improve defense
  • 80m in cap space to fill remaining talent
  • a lot of young talent on roster to should develop with coaching

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

• We have a franchise QB... I believe in Carr, he can be a top 10 qb... end of the day,  QB play is the difference between good teams and bad

You're crazy......

1) There is no evidence Carr is a franchise QB. He's barely middle of the pack. Even in his breakout years, he was among the league leaders in lowest yard per attempt. That's who he is, a check down QB who is afraid to use his feet. 

2) We can predict health. Regardless, KO has been slowly declining since 2016 and Jackson has been down as well even before injuries. Oh and Tom Cable is still coaching them

3) We're hoping he develops. Some players never do, though he looks like a hard worker who's going to put on strength in the offseason. 

4) You have to hit on draft picks. Relying on rookies to get you in the mix for the playoffs is misguided to say the least. They won't hit on 5 draft picks next year (which only 3 are first round).

5) You don't win in FA. The difference makers rarely get free as Mayock said in his press conference. So you're overspending on tier 2 talents

6) See #3. Some will develop, some won't. That's the logistics of the game. 

Bottom line, Carr would have to go next level and the Raiders would have to hit on all 3 first round picks. And they'd still have holes on the roster. Too many holes to correct, develop and gel in one offseason. Again, you're crazy..... Teams that go worst to first have something positive, the Raiders are missing to much all over the roster. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

crazy!

51 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're crazy......

1) There is no evidence Carr is a franchise QB. He's barely middle of the pack. Even in his breakout years, he was among the league leaders in lowest yard per attempt. That's who he is, a check down QB who is afraid to use his feet. 

2) We can predict health. Regardless, KO has been slowly declining since 2016 and Jackson has been down as well even before injuries. Oh and Tom Cable is still coaching them

3) We're hoping he develops. Some players never do, though he looks like a hard worker who's going to put on strength in the offseason. 

4) You have to hit on draft picks. Relying on rookies to get you in the mix for the playoffs is misguided to say the least. They won't hit on 5 draft picks next year (which only 3 are first round).

5) You don't win in FA. The difference makers rarely get free as Mayock said in his press conference. So you're overspending on tier 2 talents

6) See #3. Some will develop, some won't. That's the logistics of the game. 

Bottom line, Carr would have to go next level and the Raiders would have to hit on all 3 first round picks. And they'd still have holes on the roster. Too many holes to correct, develop and gel in one offseason. Again, you're crazy..... Teams that go worst to first have something positive, the Raiders are missing to much all over the roster. 

Carr would be so dangerous if he used his legs, he's mobile but doesn't make teams respect it.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, raidr4life said:

Carr would be so dangerous if he used his legs, he's mobile but doesn't make teams respect it.

They were talking about it today in the Ravens Chargers game.  The pass rush of San Diego, at least in the first half was different because the line can not just come crashing down on the QB.  You have to worry about getting to him while still maintaining containment.  Teams just head straight at Carr because they know even if he breaks containment he  is not going to try and make a big play with his legs.  

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

They were talking about it today in the Ravens Chargers game.  The pass rush of San Diego, at least in the first half was different because the line can not just come crashing down on the QB.  You have to worry about getting to him while still maintaining containment.  Teams just head straight at Carr because they know even if he breaks containment he  is not going to try and make a big play with his legs.  

That's most QBs. jackson's speed at the position is different.

You can win with Carr. But he's never going to be an elite tier QB or a game changer. IMO, we've seen his ceiling. He will be a career guy who has some great years statistically, but will never be a game changing talent. And that's fine, just means his supporting cast has to be great.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You can win with Carr. But he's never going to be an elite tier QB or a game changer. IMO, we've seen his ceiling. He will be a career guy who has some great years statistically, but will never be a game changing talent. And that's fine, just means his supporting cast has to be great.

I've seen worse qbs win that's for sure