Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Gruden keeps praising Hudson, and he hasn't slowed down. Interior lineman last until their mid 30s. I see Hudson getting a new 3-4 year to wear silver and black in his mid 30s. I guess could see a mid rounder used on backup or swing interior lineman...here is my list of potential targets in 2020

• LB- Vontaze and Marshall could be stopgaps. Vontaze is a baller, but he has so many concussion. One more and his career could be done, Marshall is also a question mark? Whitehead is an okay starter. We have young depth  who I think can emerge (might be a homer)in Morrow, Lee, Cabinda, Coney. see who can step up and showcase they need to be on the field 

An ominous sign if you ask me.................... I think he's the fulcrum of our OL and should retire a Raider but I can see him being let walk when he wants #1 OC money. 

I'm probably in the minority but I am a part of the camp that feels we should build up the DL and spend money there and roll with the young guys at LB......albeit guys that can cover and have range. Depending upon how they look in camp and pre-season I'd be willing to give Cabinda and Morrow starter time with one of Marshall or Burfict as the green dot guy. Whitehead (IMO) wasn't terrible but wasn't worth his money and I don't see him improving markedly, and he's too expensive for a backup/ST guy. I really think Morrow can be a very good coverage LB and Lee is cheap depth. Coney I'm not buying the hype until we see it in game time, there's a reason he had a draft free fall. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

An ominous sign if you ask me.................... I think he's the fulcrum of our OL and should retire a Raider but I can see him being let walk when he wants #1 OC money. 

I'm probably in the minority but I am a part of the camp that feels we should build up the DL and spend money there and roll with the young guys at LB......albeit guys that can cover and have range. Depending upon how they look in camp and pre-season I'd be willing to give Cabinda and Morrow starter time with one of Marshall or Burfict as the green dot guy. Whitehead (IMO) wasn't terrible but wasn't worth his money and I don't see him improving markedly, and he's too expensive for a backup/ST guy. I really think Morrow can be a very good coverage LB and Lee is cheap depth. Coney I'm not buying the hype until we see it in game time, there's a reason he had a draft free fall. 

good points. To be fair, Hudson is already getting paid 10M and the highest paid C is 11M. I don't think Hudson is going to be getting that big of a raise on his extension 

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

1- WR

1- DE/EDGE

3- G

3- LB

DE & WR with our 1sts

C/G & LB with our 3rds

Might need to use ammo to move up but if not this is how I'm looking at it this far out.

If we tank and a QB is there then I think Gruden makes the pick and keeps Carr around to develop the rookie. Unless someone offers a good pick during the draft for Carr. I'm all about Carr for several more seasons but if we tank then they might want to make a headline heading into Sin City...

Personally I'd trade the pick for more capital and keep building around Carr. When he's got a year or two left on contract then draft a QB for the 5th year option. At least a 'team' would be built by then, but if so I'd expect Carr to be balling so...

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looks good for us going forward adding Brown who has some of the best hands in the NFL and even Renfrow who had the best hands in the draft.

Some of these stats can be misleading.  There is a lot more to it then just looking at a very broad stat like team drops.  Although Brown is great when it comes to contested catches Cooper became a more efficient WR than Brown after being traded to the Cowboys.  Cooper actually went from 61st in the league in 2017 to 7th in 2018 in true catch rate and increased by over 25%.  His catch rate in 2018 was higher than his true catch rate in 2017.  There really might be something to Carr balls that make it harder for the WRs to make catches.  We will have to wait and see but Carr not making certain throws to particular areas of the field might play into it as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/Article/Jalen-Ramsey-trade-to-Raiders-could-happen--132996595/

I would trade our first round pick from the Bears for J. Ramsey.  Especially at the deadline if the Bears already had a winning record and looked like they were on pace to go deep in the playoffs.

I would too. He's the best CB in the NFL. However he is going to get PAID. But I'd gladly do it and have a top tier CB group.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I would too. He's the best CB in the NFL. However he is going to get PAID. But I'd gladly do it and have a top tier CB group.

Outside of the luxury of having him for at least a hot second, how much would you be willing to pay him in the long run in addition to Conley and Mullen? 

The reason I ask is, looking at the AFCW, I don't know whether I'd rather spend that money on DB's or front 7. Mahomes, obviously, is our top target to keep locked down, but I feel like LA and Denver are going to be much more run oriented over the next few years given their QB situations over the next, lets say 4, seasons. 

I'd love to nab Ramsey as well, and I suppose the argument is there that our D-line is at least full of potential. I suppose what I'm asking is whether you think Ramsey + a long term deal would be possible, practical, and worthwhile?

Edited by ronjon1990

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Outside of the luxury of having him for at least a hot second, how much would you be willing to pay him in the long run in addition to Conley and Mullen? 

The reason I ask is, looking at the AFCW, I don't know whether I'd rather spend that money on DB's or front 7. Mahomes, obviously, is our top target to keep locked down, but I feel like LA and Denver are going to be much more run oriented over the next few years given their QB situations over the next, lets say 4, seasons. 

I'd love to nab Ramsey as well, and I suppose the argument is there that our D-line is at least full of potential. I suppose what I'm asking is whether you think Ramsey + a long term deal would be possible, practical, and worthwhile?

Between 14.5 and 15 million a season.  That would make him a top 3 paid CB.  If we could pull the same stunt we did with AB84 and rework his contract as a part of the trade to keep him long term, then I would pull the trigger.  

As for LA and Denver being run heavy, lock down the top 2 WRs and you can stack the box all day.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 11:19 AM, drfrey13 said:

Some of these stats can be misleading.  There is a lot more to it then just looking at a very broad stat like team drops.  Although Brown is great when it comes to contested catches Cooper became a more efficient WR than Brown after being traded to the Cowboys.  Cooper actually went from 61st in the league in 2017 to 7th in 2018 in true catch rate and increased by over 25%.  His catch rate in 2018 was higher than his true catch rate in 2017.  There really might be something to Carr balls that make it harder for the WRs to make catches.  We will have to wait and see but Carr not making certain throws to particular areas of the field might play into it as well.

I agree with this because Crabs with some of the best hands also drop alot of passes.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Between 14.5 and 15 million a season.  That would make him a top 3 paid CB.  If we could pull the same stunt we did with AB84 and rework his contract as a part of the trade to keep him long term, then I would pull the trigger.  

As for LA and Denver being run heavy, lock down the top 2 WRs and you can stack the box all day.

Fastest way to make our D better is to make the other team predictable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

I agree with this because Crabs with some of the best hands also drop alot of passes.

I have not studied other QBs nor do I consider myself good at dissecting players in depth but there are things about Carr that stand out with just a little bit of effort.  He does not throw to certain areas of the field a lot and does not like throwing to certain routes.  This could play into it and it might go deeper than that.  I can not find the stat but I think Cooper only had 2 or 3 drops over 9 games with Dak throwing to him.  

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I have not studied other QBs nor do I consider myself good at dissecting players in depth but there are things about Carr that stand out with just a little bit of effort.  He does not throw to certain areas of the field a lot and does not like throwing to certain routes.  This could play into it and it might go deeper than that.  I can not find the stat but I think Cooper only had 2 or 3 drops over 9 games with Dak throwing to him.  

I'm not sure what routes have to do with drops.  If the QB puts the ball on you and you drop it, that's it.  Now if you want to say Carr throws the ball harder or a wobbly pass, then I could understand that.

Drops are IMO 90% on the WR. They usually happen because of lack of focus, hearing footsteps, running before catching, or plain bad hands.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

This also has to do with the lack of a serious run game like dallas had. That alone opens up the field quite a bit.

Also, Gruden may expand the offense in year 2 and encourage more deep throws, now that we have the personnel.

21 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Umm he dropped a whole bunch of passes for bmore to. Even though I agree that some of the drops got to be on Carr.