Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

I say our DBs aren't as bad as they've been at times. Except for Riley, not a fan of his currently. Joseph is alright. Smarter than Abrams but smaller than him too. Hoping he can teach him stuff before he's gone -- he can't cover TEs and Abram does the rest of what Joseph does except with less experience. I'd keep him if he's really cheap but I bet he goes elsewhere. Harris is fine as a backup and STer. I want more from Joyner but also realize its been 4 games. Conley and Worley have their ups and downs but  I don't have a problem with either. Nixon looks ok on STs but he and Mullens need more seasoning before seeing meaningful time IMO. Interested to see how Nevin Lawson plays, I think he can play some Safety too, right? Isaiah will be nice to have next year as well as a project.

In the end, we do need a better pass rush to really see our DBs pop. Good thing there are tons available in FA and we will have cap space and no state income tax. 

I’m just not sure Diggs wants to come to a team that is also a weak 3-2 and a QB that isn’t all that much better than Cousins. It’s almost an identical situation. 

But my fandom really really wants him to come. I feel even with our 3-2 start, our max ceiling is 7-9 right now (and still probably end up 6-10). With Diggs we might be able to make a sneaky little push for 9 wins and a WC spot. Still quite unlikely imo but it would give us hope. 

was checking out our team stats and something jumped out to me. PENALTIES

we have 39 First downs by ground, 58 By Air, 4 By Penalty

We have given up

21 run, 63 Pass and EIGHTEEN by penalty!!!!

We have given up only 3 more first downs on the ground then by penalty!?! That is crazy! 

Point being, no one is beating us like ourselves. WE are keeping wayyyy too many drives alive by being undisciplined and giving away free yards and scoring opportunities. Otherwise, we are playing some good football.  We are running the ball very well(4.9 a clip) and playing very good run defense (3.7) if we just stopped killing ourselves, wed be in business. 

PFF intentionally grades players they had high draft grades on, high throughout the season and players they had low grades on, low throughout the season. I’ve been noticing this trend for a while. Daniel Jones they graded like a 79 against the Bucs when he tore them to pieces, and then they absolutely obliterated him vs the Vikings with a 50’s grade and constant “I told you so’s”. It’s the most bias company ever. 

Basically, they hated Ferrell big time, so even if Ferrell has some good games, expect 50’s grades all season. PFF has to always be right about their draft grades and will do anything to fit their narrative. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

was checking out our team stats and something jumped out to me. PENALTIES

we have 39 First downs by ground, 58 By Air, 4 By Penalty

We have given up

21 run, 63 Pass and EIGHTEEN by penalty!!!!

We have given up only 3 more first downs on the ground then by penalty!?! That is crazy! 

Point being, no one is beating us like ourselves. WE are keeping wayyyy too many drives alive by being undisciplined and giving away free yards and scoring opportunities. Otherwise, we are playing some good football.  We are running the ball very well(4.9 a clip) and playing very good run defense (3.7) if we just stopped killing ourselves, wed be in business. 

It really cost them agains the Vikings. They couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and kept a scoring drive alive for them. 

They are a young team, so hopefully the discipline comes with maturity throughout the season.