Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It really cost them agains the Vikings. They couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and kept a scoring drive alive for them. 

Actually, on 2 TD drives. After that, they're down 14-0 and Carr tries to do too much. Pick, down 21-0, game over.

5 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Actually, on 2 TD drives. After that, they're down 14-0 and Carr tries to do too much. Pick, down 21-0, game over.

Thats the thing, He isnt a game manager. I got a good chuckle off that line of thought. Carr is feast or famine. He's either on point and cutting it loose or pressing and bad things happen. I'll say Chicago was a game manager game but that was clearly the game plan.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Thats the thing, He isnt a game manager. I got a good chuckle off that line of thought. Carr is feast or famine. He's either on point and cutting it loose or pressing and bad things happen. I'll say Chicago was a game manager game but that was clearly the game plan.

Yeah, Carr is and has been whatever the offense has called for him to be over the years.  Spread it out and throw it around, sure thing. Dink and dunk west coast style, no problem.  If you want to fault him for something, then blame him for not playing outside of the box because he's always done what he's been asked to do.

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

In a way, he is. To be able to manage the game, the situation has to be right. When we're thrown off the plan and he has to do more, it usually leads to mistakes. Not every time but most of the time.

8 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Indy game? Felt pretty managed as well. 

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

My wife and I are going to this game.

Excited to see the Raiders play, last time I saw the Raiders play in Oakland was Charles Woodson's last game. Moved to Houston 11 months later.

Then I saw the Houston/Oakland playoff game at NRG in 2016 with Connor Cook. Depressing!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

My wife and I are going to this game.

Excited to see the Raiders play, last time I saw the Raiders play in Oakland was Charles Woodson's last game. Moved to Houston 11 months later.

Then I saw the Houston/Oakland playoff game at NRG in 2016 with Connor Cook. Depressing!

Move out there for work? Feel like Houston would be one of the last places I’d leave Cali over. Is it true 40% of people are obese there? Suppose to be the most obese city in the world. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Move out there for work? Feel like Houston would be one of the last places I’d leave Cali over. Is it true 40% of people are obese there? Suppose to be the most obese city in the world. 

Well Houston is actually awesome if you can handle the weather. Its an awesome city. I was very skeptical moving here but there were 2 key reasons. I had been diagnosed with cancer 3 months before we found out my wife was pregnant. MD Anderson Cancer Center is the best in the country and my wife is from an hour north of the Houston. Her parents live there still and are retired so we figured Houston was a good place. A year and a half after being cancer free we opened a small restaurant. And then 9 montha ago we opened a Bar a block away from Minute Maid Stadium. 

As far as your obese question. I don't notice any more fat people here then in the Bay Area. Also why does that matter at all? Do obese people scare you or affect you somehow?

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Well Houston is actually awesome if you can handle the weather. Its an awesome city. I was very skeptical moving here but there were 2 key reasons. I had been diagnosed with cancer 3 months before we found out my wife was pregnant. MD Anderson Cancer Center is the best in the country and my wife is from an hour north of the Houston. Her parents live there still and are retired so we figured Houston was a good place. A year and a half after being cancer free we opened a small restaurant. And then 9 montha ago we opened a Bar a block away from Minute Maid Stadium. 

As far as your obese question. I don't notice any more fat people here then in the Bay Area. Also why does that matter at all? Do obese people scare you or affect you somehow?

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Cancer sucks and I’m glad you beat it. My aunt just got diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer which is the worst statistically and she’s only 54. Also lost my Grandma to Breast Cancer back in 2014 and she was 66 which is still too young to go imo. 

Hoping you stay better and stay on top of those checkups. 

Edit: Have you been to NASA and is it worth it?

Edited by BayRaider