Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree completely. The quickest path to the QB is up the middle. Nothing disrupts offenses more. Look at the Bears with Hicks getting hurt what's happened to their edge rushers. Offenses are more spread and quick timing than in the past.

Hoping the Raiders can land D. Brown in the draft for this reason. Guy is disruptive and will elevate the defense around him.

Spend some money in FA on a edge rusher and a FS and get Brown and Kenneth Murray LB from Oklahoma. Could completely remake the defense with those two picks and the cap space  available. 

Just don’t think Gruden will be able to help himself and not take a WR. 

51 minutes ago, Totty said:

By no means am I college scout, but I can't see what jumps off the tape about Brown....

I really don't follow, because Brown has a lot of wow moments in his career.

Go watch the LSU game. They couldn't contain him. Doubled him, held him, etc. His power is unreal both upper and lower. 

Some of the top analyst and draft people have said he's a top 10 Auburn player of all time.

Looking back on the 2014 QB Class, my Final Rankings day before were:

1) Teddy Bridgewater

2) Derek Carr

3) Jimmy Garoppolo 

4) Blake Bortles

5) Johny Manziel

I didn’t think anyone was worth drafting after Manziel and thought Manziel was a 3rd Round Project. Shocked Browns took him in the 1st. 

I loved loved Teddy pre-pro day. After his Pro Day though I really soured on him... his accuracy was abysmal without his glove. I interchanged him and Carr quite a bit until I finally settled on Bridgewater. I loved his college accuracy, his grit, ability to play well against solid defenses, and he had the best pocket presence of any QB imo. 

I liked Carr as well. Laser arm with ridiculous velocity, very cerebral picking apart defenses, and looked like a well oiled machine. The easy defenses all year and then getting obliterates by USC combined with his very noticeable phantom pressure/happy feet is what made him #2 for me. 

As for Jimmy G, I remember watching a Tony Romo clone. Quickest release of the draft. Deadly accuracy. Quick with progressions. He also had happy feet though. And his arm wasn’t the greatest. 

I remember in that draft I wanted Allen Robinson in the 2nd and Jimmy in the 3rd (although Jimmy didn’t fall that far anyways). But I still cheered pretty loud when we got Carr. 

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

The love for Teddy B was absurd on the NFL draft forum of this site. It was almost cult-like. I really liked him as a prospect but man you could not say anything negative about him without a bunch of posters taking offense to it.

That was probably pre-pro day. Was complete 100% opposite after that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Go ahead and link that up for us would you...

If you wanna spend four hours on the old forum going through threads in the NFL Draft and Raider sections go ahead, I’m certainly not doing it, done it before and wasted half a day because of it. Time is more valuable than anything. I mean, I was pretty vocal about my rankings as I always am every year, whether they are popular or not. 

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I really don't follow, because Brown has a lot of wow moments in his career.

Go watch the LSU game. They couldn't contain him. Doubled him, held him, etc. His power is unreal both upper and lower. 

Some of the top analyst and draft people have said he's a top 10 Auburn player of all time.

He is also a high character guy.  Only reason we do not draft him is if someone else grabs him before we get to him.  He is everything we need and want.  To top it off the reason why he stayed this year was for his little brother who was an incoming freshman at Auburn.  You have to admire the kids integrity and his good nature.  He was expected to be a top 5 pick last year.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I remember you being so pro-Bortles.

Yuck. I don't know why he is acting like my rankings are differing from the norm. Scouts were dead split on Bortles and everyone hated Manziel... outside of Gruden. Thank god Gruden isn't a talent scout.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yuck. I don't know why he is acting like my rankings are differing from the norm. Scouts were dead split on Bortles and everyone hated Manziel... outside of Gruden. Thank god Gruden isn't a talent scout.

What's your name on the last forum?

I'm looking through posts from 2014 on that forum on see Silver&Black88 saying he wasn't high on Khalil Mack.  Some of these hot takes from before the draft are funny.  CaliforniaKid7's mock draft for us that year had an awesome first 3 rounds.

13. Oakland Raiders- Aaron Donald
We take advantage of the top OL falling into our laps, STL trades up and walks away with the top WR and OL of the draft. We end up with pick #13 which allows us to select Donald, who IMO is worth the #5 pick. We do what we did last year and trade back and still get the guy we were targeting with our original pick. Donald brings a penetrating, disruptive DT that will pair great with Phat Pat and make a solid rotation with Antonio Smith, Mcgee, and Sims.

36. Oakland Raiders- Bradley Roby CB, Ohio State
Roby reminds me of DJ Hayden, he is one of the, if not the most talented CB in this draft. He has his fair share of issues to work out but he has the potential to pair with DJ for the next decade and lock up the CB position. He can come in and start in the nickel until he is ready to take over, hopefully next year.

44. Oakland Raiders (via STL)- Kyle Van Noy LB, BYU
My favorite player in the draft, so judge me. The kid is a playmaker and he can sub in with Kevin Burnett this year before taking over next year and forming a solid OLB duo with Sio Moore.

I just read an earlier mock from him having us taking D. Carr at #5 overall.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=543043

The link shows who people voted to be our starting QB for 2014. DC wasn't listed.  3 picks for other.  I haven't read through all of it.  Obviously by now you see I have time to look back at the past.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=543188

Eric Allen's mock draft above.  Had us taking T. Bridgewater and D. Adams with our first two picks.  That would've been interesting.

California Kid's first mock in February below

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=542097

Terrible draft IMO.

Mr. Oaktown's mock draft below

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541908

Had us taking G. Jackson in the 3rd and Shaquille Barrett in the 7th.  Would've been nice if that happened and we kept him around.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=540993

Thread above is comparing 2014 and 2015 QB's.  Interesting to look through all that.

Anybody heard much on the draft like location of the main stage or anything else? Trying to plan a trip there but can’t find much of anything. It was easy with Nashville because I knew the city well but honestly know nothing about Vegas. Would like to find an AirBnB close within somewhat of walking distance like in Nashville.