Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Trying to put yesterday’s crapshow to bed and get back to some positivity:

If you’d told me before the season we’d be 6-6 at this stage with the last 4 games against a hot (but just over .500) Titans team and three teams with a 4-8 record, I’d have been pleased with that.

There have been ups & downs, but far as managing overall expectations for the season, we're probably been about as good as could have been expected with this roster. Won a few games we weren’t expected to, been blown out in games we probably shouldn’t have been. But as a whole season, it’s not too bad. This isn’t a playoff team, but it is a team transitioning upwards, and the last two weeks shouldn’t change that.

Now, if we remain flat and lose the last 4, sure, maybe it’s time to worry. But I’d hope in the last two games at the Coliseum, and then against two rivals we’ve got no reason not to compete against, I’m hopeful we can finish strongly.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Trying to put yesterday’s crapshow to bed and get back to some positivity:

If you’d told me before the season we’d be 6-6 at this stage with the last 4 games against a hot (but just over .500) Titans team and three teams with a 4-8 record, I’d have been pleased with that.

There have been ups & downs, but far as managing overall expectations for the season, we're probably been about as good as could have been expected with this roster. Won a few games we weren’t expected to, been blown out in games we probably shouldn’t have been. But as a whole season, it’s not too bad. This isn’t a playoff team, but it is a team transitioning upwards, and the last two weeks shouldn’t change that.

Now, if we remain flat and lose the last 4, sure, maybe it’s time to worry. But I’d hope in the last two games at the Coliseum, and then against two rivals we’ve got no reason not to compete against, I’m hopeful we can finish strongly.

I had the team as a 6-10 win team. The issue I have is outside the Houston game, the losses have been complete blowouts.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I had the team as a 6-10 win team. The issue I have is outside the Houston game, the losses have been complete blowouts.

The one blowout that I feel like shouldn't have been was that GB game with that stupid Carr fumble. He doesn't fumble that and we score, it changes the whole thing. We'd still probably lose, but it would have been a surprisingly competitive game. Very frustrating. 

• Like 1