Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

I hate it for the local fans. And still not sure how I feel about Vegas and their ability to sustain a team.

From a player standpoint, I love it as I'm sure they will. Their facilities and stadium are a dump. Imagine coming from a school like Alabama, Clemson, etc. where they have world class facilities to Oakland. So at least the Vegas Raiders will be a modern franchise with professional facilities and stadium.

Also, would be awesome as a player to be in the inaugural season with a chance to be the face of Vegas in the nations biggest sport. Really get a chance to make a name for yourself.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I hate it for the local fans. And still not sure how I feel about Vegas and their ability to sustain a team.

From a player standpoint, I love it as I'm sure they will. Their facilities and stadium are a dump. Imagine coming from a school like Alabama, Clemson, etc. where they have world class facilities to Oakland. So at least the Vegas Raiders will be a modern franchise with professional facilities and stadium.

Also, would be awesome as a player to be in the inaugural season with a chance to be the face of Vegas in the nations biggest sport. Really get a chance to make a name for yourself.

Hope it doesn’t mess up local tv viewing for NorCal people 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I really think LA Raider Nation will help out making it viable atleast I hope 

I feel for the residents of the Bay Area who are Raider fans and have to watch their team leave. I have made the trip to Oakland so many times and honestly love it. The culture of the Bay is amazing. I’m definitely gonna miss making those trips. Will still make it every once in a while for Warrior games but won’t be as offten.

The way Vegas has taken on the Knights gives me a lot of hope that they will do the same thing for the Raiders even though it’s not a home grown team like the Knights were. Definitely gonna call them Oakland Raiders a million times out of habit, but I am excited to see how the moves turns out. The team needed this so bad it’s always been one of the more broke teams in the NFL. The Raiders brand and revenue will go up so much in Vegas.

Best thing about this is the Raiders home opener will be televised on national TV since it’s a stadium opener. Look forward to the SNF or MNF game next year to start the season. 

This offseason will tell us a lot about how opposing players feel about Vegas. Logic would say it would be a very intriguing place for player to want to play at. Even if you’re a family man with kids you can live outside of Vegas and still have that suburb life. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Sunday is the last (ever?) home game in Oakland. Can we pause the whining (at least a tiny bit!) just for one week to commemorate this turning point in the Raiders franchise history? I don't know how you guys feel about it but i'm actually sad to see the franchise leave Oakland (and i'm not from there). I actually became a fan when they were in LA so i'll probably get used to the Las Vegas Raiders. Let's win that last one.

I call them the Oakland Raiders or The Raiders...In LA I called them 'The Raiders' and will in Vegas, even if I move there. They will have my support but OAKLAND will always have the full name as far as I'm concerned. Oakland is HOME and everywhere else is just vacation. B| 

There is no place like HOME. Wish they could have built their own stadium and kept them but residents couldn't flip that bill easily. Vegas is putting it on taxes for visitors in the hotels and NFL wanted that market seeing gambling/fantasy was nearing legalization and now here just in time for a team to follow.

As a UK Raiders fan, I have no attachment to Oakland and could only see the positives in a move to LA or Vegas. I was looking purely at the chance for the team to play in a better stadium, make more money and attract better free agents. To become truly relevant again. Then I went to a game at the Coliseum and felt that atmosphere and passion brought by the fans in the Bay, and it really was unlike any other sports venue I’d ever been to. Now I definitely feel bad for those loyal fans who have stuck with some awful teams for the best part of 20 years now.

The move is still a no brainer, though, for so many reasons. I really think it will work, and I do think we have enough of a nationwide (and particularly LA) fanbase to mean we won’t just be getting outnumbered every week. Can’t wait for next season already.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 3

I've gone to 3 NFL games in my life, one in Buffalo, one in Minnesota and one in Oakland. Buffalo had by far the best tailgating but as far as crowd and overall atmosphere, Oakland blew the rest out of the water. Partly due to bias being a Raider fan, but also just the intensity and how loud the place was.

I'll say this though. I will be going to a lot more Raider games down the road now that they are in LV. I've always wanted to do a massive boys trip or father/son trip to a Raider game but it's all about accessibility and price. I can tell you already I have 3 different trips lined up over the next couple years for Vegas, whereas I never would have if they stayed in Oakland. That'll be the case tons of Raider fans (and opposing teams too). I can not wait.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I cannot wait to see if Gruden has the b***s to fire his friends. Will tell me a lot of where this franchise is going. Maybe he needs to bring in Jay and give up play calling to him. 

He doesn't have to fire his friends because he's got 8 more years after this season...I hope he does bring in Jay and I hope we still have Carr, but I'm one of the few who thinks that.