Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders 2020 season win total opens up at 7. It was 6 this past season. I will be hammering this when I go to Vegas in March. 

Seems like a good bet to take the over since we

1) Pulled off 7 last year with an epic collapse.  I think Carr can get us to the playoffs but not do much when there.  You have to win more than seven to make it 99% of the time.  

2) We are one of the top teams in terms of ability to improve.  Cap space with no state taxes and I believe we ranked #1 in draft capital.

3) Young core players in 2nd year should improve overall.  A couple could regress but overall should be better.

4) I think we get solid backups for Carr and Jacobs which will decrease risk which will decrease chance of late season collapse.

We are not Super Bowl contenders and Mayock/Gruden still have to make solid choices but the over on 7 is a good bet.  I might throw a nice size bet on that one.  If anyone knows of a good site to make bets let me know.  I will not be going to Vegas anytime soon unless I go to the Draft and by then I think that win line will be around 9.

One thing I absolutely love and I think is underrated by fans is how close of a group or rookies are. I don't know if you've seen any of it but our rookies (Jacobs/Ingold/Moreau/Crosby/etc) are always tweeting at each other and praising each other. Of course other teams do this too but I haven't really seen many Raiders be this pro-team on social since Carr and Mack. Tons of stuff like the below:

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Seems like a good bet to take the over since we

1) Pulled off 7 last year with an epic collapse.  I think Carr can get us to the playoffs but not do much when there.  You have to win more than seven to make it 99% of the time.  

2) We are one of the top teams in terms of ability to improve.  Cap space with no state taxes and I believe we ranked #1 in draft capital.

3) Young core players in 2nd year should improve overall.  A couple could regress but overall should be better.

4) I think we get solid backups for Carr and Jacobs which will decrease risk which will decrease chance of late season collapse.

We are not Super Bowl contenders and Mayock/Gruden still have to make solid choices but the over on 7 is a good bet.  I might throw a nice size bet on that one.  If anyone knows of a good site to make bets let me know.  I will not be going to Vegas anytime soon unless I go to the Draft and by then I think that win line will be around 9.

That line is from betonline.ag it’s a well respected offshore book. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

One thing I absolutely love and I think is underrated by fans is how close of a group or rookies are. I don't know if you've seen any of it but our rookies (Jacobs/Ingold/Moreau/Crosby/etc) are always tweeting at each other and praising each other. Of course other teams do this too but I haven't really seen many Raiders be this pro-team on social since Carr and Mack. Tons of stuff like the below:

I said it last year when the schedule came out that the way it played out for us in the beginning would be a rallying cry for the team and bring them together.  The rookies bonding even more because of the move and knowing they are all going together.  That excitement you felt as a kid going on a field trip with your friends strengthens your bonds.  It does not change as an adult.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I said it last year when the schedule came out that the way it played out for us in the beginning would be a rallying cry for the team and bring them together.  The rookies bonding even more because of the move and knowing they are all going together.  That excitement you felt as a kid going on a field trip with your friends strengthens your bonds.  It does not change as an adult.

Very true. I also think our crappy schedule helped a lot too. On the road for like 6 weeks and in Europe forces the guys to be around each other 24/7 and gel.

• Like 1

On the podcast, Will Compton does with Taylor Lewan. Will said the extended stay he stayed at in Oakland smelled like cigarettes and homeless sex hahaha. Good podcast to listen too. Hopefully, Compton is brought back as a back up LB. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2