Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

So we have 5 potential cold weather games away from home next year.  We play at KC (duh), Denver, NYJ, NE, and Cleveland.  MY question is how many games does the league assign to us in Dec and Jan?  Remember in Vegas the temperature in Dec and Jan averages below 30 to 60 degrees also.

47 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

So we have 5 potential cold weather games away from home next year.  We play at KC (duh), Denver, NYJ, NE, and Cleveland.  MY question is how many games does the league assign to us in Dec and Jan?  Remember in Vegas the temperature in Dec and Jan averages below 30 to 60 degrees also.

The Raiders also play in a dome type stadium. I think that they’ll have NE late in the year with NE and CLE early. I can see both KC games late like this past year. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

The Raiders also play in a dome type stadium. I think that they’ll have NE late in the year with NE and CLE early. I can see both KC games late like this past year. 

Did you know that Carr has not played at KC before Dec 1st.  That means since we drafted Carr our games in KC have been week 13 or later.  Giving them a weather related home field advantage for 6 years in a row.

I also hope they have them practice in the elements when we are going to play against a team like KC late in the season.  Practice in the warm all week to go play a game in 30 degree weather is like flying your team to London two days before the game.  You need to acclimate.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Did you know that Carr has not played at KC before Dec 1st.  That means since we drafted Carr our games in KC have been week 13 or later.  Giving them a weather related home field advantage for 6 years in a row.

I also hope they have them practice in the elements when we are going to play against a team like KC late in the season.  Practice in the warm all week to go play a game in 30 degree weather is like flying your team to London two days before the game.  You need to acclimate.

I haven’t noticed but it seems legit. Peyton always had an issue playing against the Patriots, Brady has problems playing against Denver. I think it happens but Carr needs to pull some wins out of his butt. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I can see with Rod Marinelli in the coaching room and his propensity for penetrating DTs that we may view Hall as the NT moving forward, nit a traditional 2 gapping type (cant remember the guys name at Dallas who was undersized but Marinelli turned into a Pro Bowler doing that) I can see us trying to go after an upgrade at UT maybe.  

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I can see with Rod Marinelli in the coaching room and his propensity for penetrating DTs that we may view Hall as the NT moving forward, nit a traditional 2 gapping type (cant remember the guys name at Dallas who was undersized but Marinelli turned into a Pro Bowler doing that) I can see us trying to go after an upgrade at UT maybe.  

Jay Ratliff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Hall is barely 6 foot Ratliff is 6'4''

The point is that Ratliff was an undersized guy for the traditional role but under Marinelli he became a great player who was unorthodox for the role. Hall would be a similar style though in that getoff and shooting through the gaps rather than holding ground and two gapping would be how he affects the run game.      

• Like 1

21 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Hall is good against the run. Leaves a lot to be desired against the pass. I don't think his roster spot is guaranteed. Rod Marinelli got talent to work with, but still need another guy at DT. 

I think DT is down the list of team needs.  A DTs job, first and foremost, is not to get pushed back against the run. If you can't have DTs that can control the middle, your entire defense is wrecked. Just look at what the 49ers were able to do to the Packers and Vikings in the playoffs.

I've noticed draft outlets and PFF love love one-gap penetrators in the middle. However, if you have even one DT who can't hold up against a double team then your defense is giving up 4 yards a carry no matter how good your edge rushers or linebackers are--and if your runningback is good that 4 yards is more like 7 or 8. At the end of the day, offenses--especially those without an elite passer--want to run the ball: there are fewer moving parts and there is less likelihood for turnovers. Defenses can't make running the ball easy for teams. 

• Like 3