Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would rather he built up the courage to challenge the ghosts coming off the edge or the turf monster that keeps getting sacks.  Oh no.  We need to be careful.  If he reads this he might challenge us to an MMA fight also. 

Sorry I could not help myself.  Old habits die hard.

Nope,

Only if you question his effort, heart or integrity like a normal man would.

He said his game play is fair game.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Nope,

Only if you question his effort, heart or integrity like a normal man would.

He said his game play is fair game.

I think he does feel ghost pressure.  My opinion is not that he is a coward compared to the average man but that he lacks courage relative to an NFL QB.  You want to give me my paycheck to play in the NFL and I probably would not because it would not cover my medical bills when I retire.  If you want to give me Carr's paycheck with the rule that I can not give myself up or run out of bounds I will do it in a heartbeat.  That leads t the greater problem is I would take one years pay and put it all on the line.  Carr is looking at longevity because he wants to play out his contract.  So he plays it safe now and when he is in his contract year he will ball out to secure another big contract.  You can not play to not get hurt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I think he does feel ghost pressure.  My opinion is not that he is a coward compared to the average man but that he lacks courage relative to an NFL QB.  You want to give me my paycheck to play in the NFL and I probably would not because it would not cover my medical bills when I retire.  If you want to give me Carr's paycheck with the rule that I can not give myself up or run out of bounds I will do it in a heartbeat.  That leads t the greater problem is I would take one years pay and put it all on the line.  Carr is looking at longevity because he wants to play out his contract.  So he plays it safe now and when he is in his contract year he will ball out to secure another big contract.  You can not play to not get hurt.

Definitely your unsolicited opinion and not what Carr took issue with.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I still think it's stupid to keep Cable and drop KO and Jackson ..... why create more hole when there is plenty of current needs.... not like we need the money

I still do not get why people say this.  You can always use more money.  The real question is can we use the money tied up in KO and Jackson's contract more effectively.  If nothing else it rolls over into next years cap space.  This team needs to pick a philosophy, develop a scheme, and build the talent around it.  Big powerful and expensive interior lineman are not suppose to be needed.  Not that they can't be used but if we can get some cheap o linemen that can execute the game plan then the savings can be used on other positions.  Maybe we could throw some money at some edge players or upgrade some skill positions.  I do not think it is stupid to keep Cable and get rid of KO and Jackson.  I think it is stupid to keep Cable period.  KO and Jackson need to be evaluated to see if their contracts are justified in Gruden's offense regardless of who is the line coach.

I actually think that the position that needs to be evaluated most of all, this is not Carr bashing, is the QB.  We have a QB that does not like to run and whose pocket movement is suspect.  We have now combined him with a O-line coach that has shown can build a solid run blocking line but will have your QB running for his life.  I think it is Carr who is a bad scheme fit with Cable.

11 hours ago, Dessie said:

2 rookie tackles didn’t help in all fairness.

I guess that and the injured OG's got him a 2nd season, but I still don't like it. Haven't seen anything from this OL what would make me semi confident...haven't seen any development from the rookies for example...