Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

I guess that and the injured OG's got him a 2nd season, but I still don't like it. Haven't seen anything from this OL what would make me semi confident...haven't seen any development from the rookies for example...

Yeah don’t get me wrong I am not a fan of Cable, far from it. I was putting some context to those stats. Cable is a bad OL coach and Gruden and Mayock need to recognise that quickly. 

• Like 1

Tidbit from an Athletic article...

The Raiders coach went out to dinner with agent and supposed arch-enemy Joel Segal in Mobile, Ala., on Tuesday night. Segal represents Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper, both of whom the Raiders traded away last season for draft picks. There was one ridiculous rumor that the Raiders wouldn’t draft any more of Segal’s guys, which would not be prudent since Segal always represents some of the top players available (such as Kentucky pass rusher Josh Allen this year).

Anyway, at some point after the oysters went down and the chicken wings arrived, Segal dialed up a number and passed his phone to Gruden. 

It was Mack. 

The two chatted for a while, with Gruden congratulating Mack on a great season with the Bears and Mack wishing Gruden luck with this year’s draft and turning things around in Oakland. 

“That was pretty cool,” Gruden said Wednesday of the conversation.

The two didn’t talk last offseason, when Mack was holding out. The Raiders then traded him a week before the season, deciding that they couldn’t pass up on an offer of two first-round picks (even if they had to give back a second-rounder).

Edited by NightTrainLane

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I believe Cable will eventually get fired this offseason. The coaching staff had to work the senior bowl. Bringing back a coach we fired before as a position coach was never a good idea. Cable will be coaching in the XFL or AAF next year as he is not NFL caliber anymore.  

One can dream. But that's doubtful. They will blame it on rookies and injuries, suck in 2019 and then admit he's a mistake. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

One can dream. But that's doubtful. They will blame it on rookies and injuries, suck in 2019 and then admit he's a mistake. 

And if they are good in 2019 they will chalk it up to a drafted lineman, health and being more familiar with the system. Won't be because of Cable, right?

The blame game goes both ways and rarely looks at the whole picture or, in our case, can even see the whole picture.

Edited by NightTrainLane

25 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

And if they are good in 2019 they will chalk it up to a drafted lineman, health and being more familiar with the system. Won't be because of Cable, right?

The blame game goes both ways and rarely looks at the whole picture or, in our case, can even see the whole picture.

If there is marked improvement, then yes... Cable should receive some credit. The trend however with Cable going back years now is subpar Oline play. So forgive us if we are not optimistic about any future that includes him coaching the Oline.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:08 AM, Dessie said:

Yeah don’t get me wrong I am not a fan of Cable, far from it. I was putting some context to those stats. Cable is a bad OL coach and Gruden and Mayock need to recognise that quickly. 

Aye mate what do you think about devin white @4 I know you love top 10 mlb’s

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If there is marked improvement, then yes... Cable should receive some credit. The trend however with Cable going back years now is subpar Oline play. So forgive us if we are not optimistic about any future that includes him coaching the Oline.

Not a cable fan but Miller was lightweight trash at UCLA. Cable can’t turn water to wine. 

40 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

... no. You seriously think Gary is better than Bosa...

I wouldn't touch Gary until the late 1st. He isn't a natural edge player and too many questions.

I'm coming around to him tbh. Still would be likely 5-6 on my BB, but he is 100% going top 10. He's a freak and will dominate at the combine.