Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm coming around to him tbh. Still would be likely 5-6 on my BB, but he is 100% going top 10. He's a freak and will dominate at the combine.

Meh I feel the same way about him that I do for Zach Allen. They are ut’s Or 3 tech only imo 

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm coming around to him tbh. Still would be likely 5-6 on my BB, but he is 100% going top 10. He's a freak and will dominate at the combine.

I think the combine will expose him. He's tight in the lower half. He will run a good 40 and jump well, but his agility drills will show he struggles with change of direction and lateral movements. 

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

He didn't even say, "...sources say..."

I'm not sure this is even news worth. Sounds just like his opinion.

That being said, it makes the most sense if they are looking to move salary.

I thought moving KO and using the money on a FA T made sense and posted something about it a couple days ago.  Cable can coach up the interior guys for a good run game but if we are keeping Cable we need Tackles that you can put on the outside and just tell them to do their job.  I still think the best plan of attack is to sign a LT and move Miller to the Right long term.  What do you think the asking price is for KO?  I would like a 3rd but in reality a 5th is probably the best we would get.  If KO is gone I would assume Jackson is moved backed to the left.  So where do we look for a RG?  Any good draft or FA options?

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I thought moving KO and using the money on a FA T made sense and posted something about it a couple days ago.  Cable can coach up the interior guys for a good run game but if we are keeping Cable we need Tackles that you can put on the outside and just tell them to do their job.  I still think the best plan of attack is to sign a LT and move Miller to the Right long term.  What do you think the asking price is for KO?  I would like a 3rd but in reality a 5th is probably the best we would get.  If KO is gone I would assume Jackson is moved backed to the left.  So where do we look for a RG?  Any good draft or FA options?

I actually thought Good played well in place of Jackson. Didn't notice any drop off. If you read his story it's quite interesting. He was well thought of by the Colts, but then his brother got killed and his then online coach (who has since been canned) mistreated the situation, expecting him to 'man up' and get on with it so Good asked to be released. 

If KO is traded, I'd like to see Good and Feliciano brought back and then a mid rounder spent on a G in what looks like a ridiculously deep draft for olineman.

4 hours ago, reddevil said:

I actually thought Good played well in place of Jackson. Didn't notice any drop off. If you read his story it's quite interesting. He was well thought of by the Colts, but then his brother got killed and his then online coach (who has since been canned) mistreated the situation, expecting him to 'man up' and get on with it so Good asked to be released. 

If KO is traded, I'd like to see Good and Feliciano brought back and then a mid rounder spent on a G in what looks like a ridiculously deep draft for olineman.

Good is a Good player. He wasn't a performance cut by the Colts. Their (now former) Oline sounds like a piece of trash who led to Good asking to be released:  https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/28/indianapolis-colts-denzelle-good-oakland-raiders-dave-deguglielmo-release/

I agree with what everyone is saying above, in theory. It's a good plan except the part about trusting Parker next year. With what we know about Carr's need for protection to be at playoff winning level and us wanting to really see what we have in this offense when firing on all cylinders, we have to address atleast one of the tackle spots.

Of course, we can roll with Penn and the rookies and hope for the best or

we can throw money at free agents James (Mia) or Fleming (Dal) or

we can draft one of the top tier guys (Little, Williams, Edwards or Dillard). It's not like the pick would be a negative. or

we can look at the drafts second tier guys with position flexibility (Risner, Jenkins, Ivey) and let the best options play themselves into the spot.

Interest to see how they address the line.

Edited by NightTrainLane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

Move Jackson back to LG and re-sign Good to man the RG spot. Then hope and pray Miller and Parker takes a huge step and also that the Cable guy don't mess them up for good...

If the Raiders go into the season with Parker as starting RT, then that huge L for this offseason. Sorting out the Oline should be of top priority.

22 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree with what everyone is saying above, in theory. It's a good plan except the part about trusting Parker next year. With what we know about Carr's need for protection to be at playoff winning level and us wanting to really see what we have in this offense when firing on all cylinders, we have to address atleast one of the tackle spots.

Of course, we can roll with Penn and the rookies and hope for the best or

we can throw money at free agents James (Mia) or Fleming (Dal) or

we can draft one of the top tier guys (Little, Williams, Edwards or Dillard). It's not like the pick would be a negative. or

we can look at the drafts second tier guys with position flexibility (Risner, Jenkins, Ivey) and let the best options play themselves into the spot.

Interest to see how they address the line.

This all make me sad that the Raiders wasted 2 high picks on two lousy OTs. It was a bad class and they fell victim trying to force picks.

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If the Raiders go into the season with Parker as starting RT, then that huge L for this offseason. Sorting out the Oline should be of top priority.

They kept Cable! Just as easily they can keep Parker there at RT... :(

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This all make me sad that the Raiders wasted 2 high picks on two lousy OTs. It was a bad class and they fell victim trying to force picks.

I don't think they are lousy players and this over the top stuff really hurts forums. They are rookie tackles that didn't perform well. Alot of factors go into that. I can say that and still want better line play.