Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

You watch sports to avoid politics.

It’s a tough situation... players are entitled to lives and opinions.... we don’t own their lives... fans don’t have to follow them on twitter.... some people choose to support players who bring politics onto the field and kneeling for anthem...

my point is It’s a slippery slope as far as what players should be “allowed to do” and what rights fans have to not be dragged into their politics.

and IMO supporting An incumbent president isn’t bad but advocating a fan base to vote for his isn’t good

but if he said this is a crazy time let’s stand behind our president and unite.... then that’s fine

its a very hard thing to draw lines on and balance players rights vs rights of fans

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah I’m not supporting his comments... I’m all for keep politics out of sports.... no good comes from it... and trumps such a polarizing person on top of it.

my point was no one ever criticizes a Obama support post and only a Trump. 

they all should just leave politics off twitter/ig/FB.  Now if a player wants to go to a campaign rally or something I have no problem with that.... different forum.  There people too and should be allowed the same freedoms as anyone.... but pick your forum correctly and don’t advocate for the entire fan base to follow you: whether red or blue.

what Arizona affiliations are you talking about? I didn’t see the post actually.  I just got Twitter.... just learning it don’t follow anyone but Raiders/lakers... no real friends of mine minus my girl... and my IG is the same way.

Imo I don’t think Obama was/is as polarizing as trump so imo that’s the difference again I’m not a big politics guy so I could be wrong. But I agree politics shouldn’t include football but like you say it’s hard to get a “alpha” male to keep his beliefs out of the business side of things.

richie is buddies with a Arizona political figure who he was also trying to get raider nation to vote for 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo I don’t think Obama was/is as polarizing as trump so imo that’s the difference again I’m not a big politics guy so I could be wrong. But I agree politics shouldn’t include football but like you say it’s hard to get a “alpha” male to keep his beliefs out of the business side of things.

richie is buddies with a Arizona political figure who he was also trying to get raider nation to vote for 

Ohhh so he asked the Raider Nation to vote for an actual friend of his?  If he’s an actual friend I have no problem with that.... cuz if anyone of our friends are running for office and we’re the athlete we’d support our friend.... that’s different than just regular politics 

Yeah and I don’t wanna dive down the rabbit hole of politics.... but Republicans seethed at Obama’s actions for 8 years it just want polarizing (except on Fox News) because the rest of the media loved him.  My point is theirs always another side to things.

but Trent had the right to tweet what he did and Ritchie did too.  When should freedom of expression be curtailed due to fans feelings?

And if you think in the locker room Ritchie and Trent don’t know how the other one votes you’r crazy.... and I doubt they care even in the locker room let alone the field.

25 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ohhh so he asked the Raider Nation to vote for an actual friend of his?  If he’s an actual friend I have no problem with that.... cuz if anyone of our friends are running for office and we’re the athlete we’d support our friend.... that’s different than just regular politics 

Yeah and I don’t wanna dive down the rabbit hole of politics.... but Republicans seethed at Obama’s actions for 8 years it just want polarizing (except on Fox News) because the rest of the media loved him.  My point is theirs always another side to things.

but Trent had the right to tweet what he did and Ritchie did too.  When should freedom of expression be curtailed due to fans feelings?

And if you think in the locker room Ritchie and Trent don’t know how the other one votes you’r crazy.... and I doubt they care even in the locker room let alone the field.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion/ beliefs so I’ll just agree to disagree 

Ritchie is fine and I'm sure most knew his political stance before this. Fans feelings don't really matter but I understand not wanting to divide a locker room. Many athletes don't vote their 'social media image' as they vote their 'best interests' I didn't vote for Trump (Johnson Lib) but some of the anti-Trump garbage I hear at work makes others think I did. I can see more than one side of things because I've been red/blue and now Indy. So I'll call people out and point out when they are being a hypocrite which most of the time they are.  Usually I'll just keep my mouth shut because sometimes getting along is better than making a point, winning an argument or being right.

As long as people show respect and allow others their freedom of choice then I'm good with it. Good news is we have lots of Guards and if it's an issue then maybe Gabe is no longer on the trade block. LOL

3 minutes ago, G said:

Ritchie is fine and I'm sure most knew his political stance before this. Fans feelings don't really matter but I understand not wanting to divide a locker room. Many athletes don't vote their 'social media image' as they vote their 'best interests' I didn't vote for Trump (Johnson Lib) but some of the anti-Trump garbage I hear at work makes others think I did. I can see more than one side of things because I've been red/blue and now Indy. So I'll call people out and point out when they are being a hypocrite which most of the time they are.  Usually I'll just keep my mouth shut because sometimes getting along is better than making a point, winning an argument or being right.

As long as people show respect and allow others their freedom of choice then I'm good with it. Good news is we have lots of Guards and if it's an issue then maybe Gabe is no longer on the trade block. LOL

Yeah, I’m very Red but part of those beliefs are everyone has a right to free speech, even if I hate it.  I don’t think it’s fair to say the players signed away basic liberties when they got an nfl check. I’m not saying anyone here said that just in general.

but they should balance the pros and cons to any tweet/IG/ etc 

and respect the fact that other people have opposing opinions and realize the risks of such a post 
I guess my point was the guys in the locker room already know what each other votes, i think I could guess 85% of our roster correctly.  But as “men” we don’t care about the politics when it’s time to get a job done... whether on the field or a construction site.  

26 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

But brandishing a gun in a funeral home and treating staff and claiming that you are going to cut the head off yourself probably was the crazy part.

Yeah I know... I was being highly highly sarcastic with my comment.... the whole thing was a ****e show and something only for a “Florida Man” newsclip 

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah, I’m very Red but part of those beliefs are everyone has a right to free speech, even if I hate it.  I don’t think it’s fair to say the players signed away basic liberties when they got an nfl check. I’m not saying anyone here said that just in general.

but they should balance the pros and cons to any tweet/IG/ etc 

and respect the fact that other people have opposing opinions and realize the risks of such a post 
I guess my point was the guys in the locker room already know what each other votes, i think I could guess 85% of our roster correctly.  But as “men” we don’t care about the politics when it’s time to get a job done... whether on the field or a construction site.  

Agreed... It's also why I don't have social media and got rid of Facebook about 7 years ago. I like privacy and know full well that stuff can come back and bite you. Years ago my niece called in sick then posted herself at an event partying and was fired the next day. It's also why I'm not calling out as much stuff at work right now. I'm pretty desired in my field but if I PO'd a SJW at work and had social media, I could see me less desirable being I don't 'group think' as most do in my field. I'm good at what I do because I challenge those I work for/with. However feelings, emotions and offending others seeming like a crime has kept me away from the office long before the virus. 

I think the recession is going to 'reset' a LOT of things especially here in California. Snowflakes will melt and those who can take action while others are fearful will pull  ahead. I'm not mad or jealous of the 1%. I want to understand and model ways that work for me to move closer to that instead of further away. There is plenty in this world but to expect it to be handed to you is a mistake. Don't have to take it from others either but might have to defend it when 'ish' hits the fan. I'm lucky because that's my environment. Others don't have that view because of their environment/experience/beliefs. I've helped a few to see that but as Morpheus said in the Matrix...'I can only show you the door...You have to walk through it.'   :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G said:

Agreed... It's also why I don't have social media and got rid of Facebook about 7 years ago. I like privacy and know full well that stuff can come back and bite you. Years ago my niece called in sick then posted herself at an event partying and was fired the next day. It's also why I'm not calling out as much stuff at work right now. I'm pretty desired in my field but if I PO'd a SJW at work and had social media, I could see me less desirable being I don't 'group think' as most do in my field. I'm good at what I do because I challenge those I work for/with. However feelings, emotions and offending others seeming like a crime has kept me away from the office long before the virus. 

I think the recession is going to 'reset' a LOT of things especially here in California. Snowflakes will melt and those who can take action while others are fearful will pull  ahead. I'm not mad or jealous of the 1%. I want to understand and model ways that work for me to move closer to that instead of further away. There is plenty in this world but to expect it to be handed to you is a mistake. Don't have to take it from others either but might have to defend it when 'ish' hits the fan. I'm lucky because that's my environment. Others don't have that view because of their environment/experience/beliefs. I've helped a few to see that but as Morpheus said in the Matrix...'I can only show you the door...You have to walk through it.'   :D

No truer words have been spoken....  thank you.  I dropped FB several years ago... started to dislike people I knew and respected because of the crazy things they said.  I only just got IG and Twitter and have no “real friends” I just follow sports people.  I don’t think I even have a profile photo.  And as someone whose been in the position of hiring people in the past.... I’m definitely checking your FB and IG and I’m actively looking for a reason to pass on you.

My thing is just i find it crazy to say Ritchie shouldn’t be allowed speak his mind because his opinion differs from yours.... he’s a man like everyone else...  Oh because you bought 2 tickets 2 years ago and subscribe to NFL ticket you get to tell him how to act now? Nah, not how that works.  AT ALL! I’m sure he of all people couldn’t care less if he rubs someone the wrong way with his political opinions, yet isn’t trying to censor them.  If you don’t like what he has to say get in line, the man has a long list of people he’s “triggered” And I don’t Think he’s handing out apologies any time soon.

And if anyone says they wouldn’t support a  genuine friend of theirs whose running for office (i didn’t see the tweet and I’m just going by what people have said here) your not a good friend except if it’s a case of you have to make the decision to not risk losing your job because of Leftist Retribution.  

Ritchie seems like a lot of things but one of them is a loyal friend... I’d be glad if me made a tweet to support his friend... even if it was a Democrat.  Just seems like people can’t handle a differing of political opinions if you ask me.

Not to mention let’s be real honest if next year were tight against the cap And Simpson looks ready, the same people saying he shouldn’t speak his political opinions publicly are going to be online calling for us to release him (basically taking the man’s job away/hiring him).  Fans are the most disloyal people ever.

Seth Roberts before and now Erick Harris were all fan favors on cheap deals, then the get a raise and people sour on them quickly...and want them cut.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

But brandishing a gun in a funeral home and treating staff and claiming that you are going to cut the head off yourself probably was the crazy part.

Sometimes I forget how crazy that story was.... on so many levels

i feel like there was some sort of video of part of it... or did I just imagine that?

22 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think I even have a profile photo.  And as someone whose been in the position of hiring people in the past.... I’m definitely checking your FB and IG and I’m actively looking for a reason to pass on you.

I can blend into a crowd or stand out if I want to. Appearances has nothing to do with the quality of a person but to think we're not judged on it would be a mistake. One of the best guys I know would be a redemption story. Affiliated with local Hispanic gangs and served 10 out of 20 years but could have had 2 or less had he snitched. Big guy all tatted up and had the biker background never around just all about himself leaving the wife and kids to live life. I met him at a work event and his physical appearance would intimidate most. We chatted and ended up working together for years. He had totally changed but also understood how he looked would reduce his opportunities. So he wore the most infectious smile and was always being friendly. When I left that company for better opportunities I kept in contact especially when I saw opportunities to bring him along. He stayed loyal to the first company even though they didn't exactly do what was in his 'best interests' as far as pay and upward opportunities in the company. However he appreciates what he's got, where he came from and what it takes to keep things going well. He's late 50's early 60's now but I don't see that attitude in the younger generation and if they are too young they didn't experience the competition of the last recession. I had multiple jobs while people I knew stayed on unemployment for 2 years because it kept getting extended. Then they were competing with people working that whole time and their resume looked like a coaster not a worker. I'm glad the players got the new contract because had it not passed, I think more of them would have found themselves losing skills in a competitive market. Top guys 'brand' keeps them alive but too many trying to 'make it' wouldn't if they were a year or two away from the game with not being a big name. Life isn't 'fair' as much as it can offer 'opportunities' and what one does with them can make or break them. Ritchie sounds like he's doing his thing and then a handler mentioned that perception can be more real than reality and he made a business decision to remove it. If he was 'unstable' he'd double down and dig in deeper than an Alabama tick. Doubt Ritchie loses his job or his teammates. He's done far worse and still got another chance. It's why I'd bring back Burfict too. Not just another chance but a middle finger to the 'Commish' for a guy who wanted to be here compared to BA/AB who Roger would love to ban for life also. 

• Like 1