Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

I'd be happier with Compton as backup MLB. I wonder if a vet min contract is even worth it for him now though since his podcast got picked up by a major media distributor. 

Well the minimum contract is I believe 945k for Compton, unless that number was before the new cba bumped it up.  That’s nearly a million, and it’s in line with the 5.8M he’s made in last 7 years.... it’s not like he’s use to $4-5M per year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/will-compton-13012/cash-earnings/

Plus, being in the league keeps him relevant for his show.  It also gives him stuff to talk about and keeps relationships strong to bring players on the show.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 2:56 AM, G said:

I can blend into a crowd or stand out if I want to. Appearances has nothing to do with the quality of a person but to think we're not judged on it would be a mistake. One of the best guys I know would be a redemption story. Affiliated with local Hispanic gangs and served 10 out of 20 years but could have had 2 or less had he snitched. Big guy all tatted up and had the biker background never around just all about himself leaving the wife and kids to live life. I met him at a work event and his physical appearance would intimidate most. We chatted and ended up working together for years. He had totally changed but also understood how he looked would reduce his opportunities. So he wore the most infectious smile and was always being friendly. When I left that company for better opportunities I kept in contact especially when I saw opportunities to bring him along. He stayed loyal to the first company even though they didn't exactly do what was in his 'best interests' as far as pay and upward opportunities in the company. However he appreciates what he's got, where he came from and what it takes to keep things going well. He's late 50's early 60's now but I don't see that attitude in the younger generation and if they are too young they didn't experience the competition of the last recession. I had multiple jobs while people I knew stayed on unemployment for 2 years because it kept getting extended. Then they were competing with people working that whole time and their resume looked like a coaster not a worker. I'm glad the players got the new contract because had it not passed, I think more of them would have found themselves losing skills in a competitive market. Top guys 'brand' keeps them alive but too many trying to 'make it' wouldn't if they were a year or two away from the game with not being a big name. Life isn't 'fair' as much as it can offer 'opportunities' and what one does with them can make or break them. Ritchie sounds like he's doing his thing and then a handler mentioned that perception can be more real than reality and he made a business decision to remove it. If he was 'unstable' he'd double down and dig in deeper than an Alabama tick. Doubt Ritchie loses his job or his teammates. He's done far worse and still got another chance. It's why I'd bring back Burfict too. Not just another chance but a middle finger to the 'Commish' for a guy who wanted to be here compared to BA/AB who Roger would love to ban for life also. 

The middle finger to the league is always such a fun thing to do!  I wouldn’t mind Burfict, especially now when it would be devastating if we lost him again.  The downside if it sucks to put the time and reps into him over a young guy then lose him again.... tough call but I’d be happy if he came back. 

I really like the story about your buddy! On a side note, guys like him are always the best people to hate as friends (loyal and good natured) and are always the ones who work hard and get shafted by companies and people...it’s ****ty when it happens.  Their often loyal to a fault and don’t jump ship when Better opportunity presents itself.

The schedule gets released this week. I think we will see a Saints or Bucs opening game for the stadium. Could see KC as well week 2 if they have the Raiders on the road week 1. Game will be on national TV so they will want to give the Raiders a big name opponent. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m just hoping to get online onE day and see the raiders announce a 4 move transaction day: RB, Jordan, Vontaze, Compton...... 

You and I!  Somethings gotta give soon... the remaining vets are slowly signing and every day less and less is out there..: we simply can not go into camp with CFL players, PS guys, low low level UDFAs as our depth and competition 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I saw that earlier seems kind of odd seeing how TNF is always division games if I’m not mistaking. 

Not always. Just ends up being majority divisional matchups since no team can play on TNF more than once. I think theres usually like 3 or 4 non-div games. 

NO seems like a random choice though. Would definetly prefer a division rival for a primetime game

Give me the Bucs week 1on SNF or week 2. I would want to face them sooner than later. 

NFL gonna have the Raiders or Rams opening the season up on the road. Cause you would think the NFL would like to grand open those stadiums on SNF and not MNF. 

According to a source, the Raiders are expected to release their schedule about 4:40 p.m. PST on Raiders.com

Edited by agarcia34