Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Waller is definitely one of the elite TE's in the league. A one year sample size is small but he's also still learning how to play the position. He put up 1,000 yards in his first full NFL season at the position. Over the last few years the only other TE's to go for 1,000+ yards have been Kelce, Kittle, Gronk, and Ertz. 

Yeah i would say Waller was more underutilized than underrated, Carr should have targeted him way more in the redzone.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Waller is definitely one of the elite TE's in the league. A one year sample size is small but he's also still learning how to play the position. He put up 1,000 yards in his first full NFL season at the position. Over the last few years the only other TE's to go for 1,000+ yards have been Kelce, Kittle, Gronk, and Ertz. 

I think if he puts up another season similar to last then yes he could be considered elite, i want to see that first before i compare him with the premier guys. He definitely has the potential though, and as for overrated i don't think any if our players are really...... With more receiving options maybe Carr force feeds him less but we'll see and hopefully he'll turn in another great campaign and prove he'd not been overrated here 😀

I think the very improved receiving options will prove to be beneficial for Waller.  I don’t think his targets will drop much if anything but the quality of his targets and the way he’s used will be vastly improved.  He’ll be able to be used more as a playmaker and less as a chain mover.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think if he puts up another season similar to last then yes he could be considered elite, i want to see that first before i compare him with the premier guys. He definitely has the potential though, and as for overrated i don't think any if our players are really...... With more receiving options maybe Carr force feeds him less but we'll see and hopefully he'll turn in another great campaign and prove he'd not been overrated here 😀

We will see what happens to his targets, but we could expect heavy numbers after the Ruggs pick up IMO.

Check the Chiefs team...Hill is not their leading reciever yards wise...Kelce is.

If Gruden can really stretch the field with Ruggs and Williams on the outside, we should be really dangerous. Since Carr will have good RBs to work the LOS area and the LB's will have to keep an eye for that, Waller could have another really strong year in the middle of the field. His size and speed is such a mismatch and if they can't double him, because of the outside speed...look out!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not holding my breath but man would it be a huge boost to our team to have Miller take another huge step forward this year. 

i dont expect Kolton Miller to have a Pro Bowl season.  Partly because the PB is voted for by fans and it makes a year or two of being in the upper echelon before the fans of the other 31 teams tend to take notice.  But I think Miller will be a top 6-8 LT next year.  Last year he played virtually every snap (99.8%) and on those 503 passing snaps (380 run snaps) he allowed only 5 sacks, 3 QB Hits, 24 hurries (32 total pressures for 8.42%).  Adding the weight to his frame from his rookie year made him noticeably stronger and having Incognito inside of him helped too.  He also only had 3 penalties, 2 holding and 1 false start.  I think he'll be a top 5 run blocking LT in 2020.  If he reduce his hurries he would realistically become a top LT.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

i dont expect Kolton Miller to have a Pro Bowl season.  Partly because the PB is voted for by fans and it makes a year or two of being in the upper echelon before the fans of the other 31 teams tend to take notice.  But I think Miller will be a top 6-8 LT next year.  Last year he played virtually every snap (99.8%) and on those 503 passing snaps (380 run snaps) he allowed only 5 sacks, 3 QB Hits, 24 hurries (32 total pressures for 8.42%).  Adding the weight to his frame from his rookie year made him noticeably stronger and having Incognito inside of him helped too.  He also only had 3 penalties, 2 holding and 1 false start.  I think he'll be a top 5 run blocking LT in 2020.  If he reduce his hurries he would realistically become a top LT.

I'm quite surprised by those numbers, he played pretty well but a couple games he was rocky and if I were to guess I'd have said he gave up more pressures than that, but that's good news!

He definitely anchored better with better strength and using better leverage, he got bull rushed over a few times his rookie year so that was a great improvement. Very impressed by his discipline though, its huge that he only committed 3 penalties, absolutely huge. One thing I really like is our commitment to the OL, the foundation of all the great Raider teams.

I don't expect a Pro Bowl season from Miller tbh. He made great strides from his rookie year but power is his worst enemy. What Frank Clark did to him his rookie year I will never forget. I understand he was playing hurt but man Clark put a whooping on him. Big year for Miller his 5th-year option is coming up and needs to continue to show improvement. 

38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Elite 

Cant wait to see Waller next year middle of the field should be wide open for him. His catches might go down but I do expect more yardage for him. 

I like Waller but let's wait until he puts another great year together before we tag him with the 'elite' moniker. Was he that great or was Carr force feeding him due to lack of options elsewhere? We'll find out this year and hopefully Waller will keep up the high level of play of course!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Last year was Basically Wallers rookie year and he played like a top 5 TE. With more weapons to scare defenses, I would see him making a jump to a top 3 TE. 

He needs to be a focal point in the redzone. A shame he only had 3 TDs last year on 90 catches.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

I have no issue with calling Waller Elite when he put up Elite numbers while being the only passing threat on the team. That just makes what he did even better cause teams knew what was coming with him and still had a hard time stopping him. He's elite. He went toe to toe with Travis Kelce with stats while Kelce being in an offense with more talent. Yeah would like to see Waller do it again and again, but Waller at the age of 28 before the season starts is just getting started as far as reaching his ceiling. 

• Like 1