Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Don’t let @NYRaider hear that.... he’s absolutely opposed to spending a day 2 pick on a WR.

but I’m absolutely all about adding another  WR, even if Edwards is good.  That could be via the draft or FA.  Your absolutely right that having another burner at WR to complement Ruggs speed would be great. It’s very hard to cover 2 burners on the field at once.

I think it depends on how Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow look this season. Having another speedster definitely wouldn't hurt but it also makes a ton of sense for a team like Kansas City to target players like that because Mahomes pushes the ball down the field constantly. Carr is one of the most conservative passers in the league and you wouldn't really get to take advantage of having another speedster as much as KC does. 

If you're looking to add another WR to the mix I'd prefer to just sign someone in free agency. Cutting Tyrell Williams will free up $11M and guys like Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, and JuJu Smith-Schuster could all hit the market. 

The draft is a crap shoot and the team seems to be pretty happy with the young trio we already have. If those guys don't live up to expectations this year I'd prefer to add a proven veteran as opposed to spending more draft capital on the group.  

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Do we really know if Trent Brown is causing problems and not healthy but not playing?  Like do we REALLY KNOW?  
cuz I think the “proof” photos don’t show much of anything.  He could just be upset he’s injured and just standing back so the players playing can be in the huddle.

I think it's a weight issue. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think it depends on how Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow look this season. Having another speedster definitely wouldn't hurt but it also makes a ton of sense for a team like Kansas City to target players like that because Mahomes pushes the ball down the field constantly. Carr is one of the most conservative passers in the league and you wouldn't really get to take advantage of having another speedster as much as KC does. 

If you're looking to add another WR to the mix I'd prefer to just sign someone in free agency. Cutting Tyrell Williams will free up $11M and guys like Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, and JuJu Smith-Schuster could all hit the market. 

The draft is a crap shoot and the team seems to be pretty happy with the young trio we already have. If those guys don't live up to expectations this year I'd prefer to add a proven veteran as opposed to spending more draft capital on the group.  

You don’t have to throw BOMBS to be using speed WRs.  Gruden can use speedy WRs effectively on slants, etc and even get creative and line them up in the backfield like Ruggs did this week.  If you can have speed on both sides of the field it creates nightmares for the defense.

I’d prefer to sign a WR in FA honestly.... and I said that from the jump.  I’d love Juju or Allen Robinson.... is absolutely kill for Golliday but I don’t think there’s much chance he hits the open market.... unless he has a down year.  But if he does that’s the guy to get!!!

i don’t guy for a second we’re happy... by which it seems you mean content... with what we have with Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow.  Sure we’re happy to have them but not content and not looking to add more talent.  Coaches HAVE to talk to their young guys.... so I believe nothing of what’s been said in TC.  Hopefully Edwards can really show good things by mid year.... I think it’s stupid to expect that much before them.  Remember.... he was underdeveloped in college due to horrible, weak arm QBs.  Even if we does well... we drafted Bowden to be a offensive weapon and now we don’t have him.  If we can add a Mercole Hardman type WR in the draft I think there’s a good chance we do.... unless we sign a starting WR in FA.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's a weight issue. 

Yeah he’s fat.... but he’s always been fat.  I’m guessing he’s not in good condition and has a leg injury and there making each other a bigger issue.

but what’s with all of the talk that he’s basically quit on the team?

Trent  was the one guy I thought would sit the season out because of his size making Covid a bigger threat to him. Maybe he's being a little extra careful or a germaphobe. Could be lots of things but if not healthy I wouldn't keep him next year. 

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah he’s fat.... but he’s always been fat.  I’m guessing he’s not in good condition and has a leg injury and there making each other a bigger issue.

but what’s with all of the talk that he’s basically quit on the team?

He has missed games in 4/6 seasons in the league, so this isn't something new for him. 

And where have you seen a legitimate source suggest that he basically quit on the team? 

Saw a picture of Trent Brown during the national anthem and he was standing behind the team. Little weird even L.Kennedy was throwing shots at him questioning if he loves football. Would def love to move on from him. The draft has some quality depth at OT where you can go younger and cheaper 

On 9/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Do we really know if Trent Brown is causing problems and not healthy but not playing?  Like do we REALLY KNOW?  
cuz I think the “proof” photos don’t show much of anything.  He could just be upset he’s injured and just standing back so the players playing can be in the huddle.

We'll find out soon enough. Gruden doesn't hide emotions well. If he doesnt come back for like 2-3 weeks, then I'm sure the writing will be on the wall for Trent and the fans.

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Saw a picture of Trent Brown during the national anthem and he was standing behind the team. Little weird even L.Kennedy was throwing shots at him questioning if he loves football. Would def love to move on from him. The draft has some quality depth at OT where you can go younger and cheaper 

Mayock is going to keep adding talent. Ruggs looks like a hit. Arnette is already our number 2 CB. Edwards played a lot of snaps. I'm sure John Simpson will end up being a great pick. Mayock will find us another OT, a safety opposite Abram, and another speed WR. I think Gruden is going to want more speed after a season with Ruggs. You can tell his game plan on offense is all about having a player like Ruggs to keep the defense on their heels. Misdirections and pounding the rock. Its fun to watch.

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

You got a link to the LincolnKennedy questioning Trent? I’m just curious 

27 minutes ago, Jerry said:

think Gruden is going to want more speed after a season with Ruggs. You can tell his game plan on offense is all about having a player like Ruggs to keep the defense on their heels. Misdirections and pounding the rock. Its fun to watch.

Exactly! It’s not about sending 2 4.2 WRs on go routes..... it’s about misdirection, motioning them, trickery... 

you can kill a defense with 2 fast WRs running short to intermediate routes.... and Gruden is likely to realize that more and more as he gets to play with Ruggs like a new toy on Xmas!

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly Raider Related, but this is a ESPN NFL 2K5 Clip of Week 3 of Pats vs Raiders (for some reason it won't link, you'll have to click on YouTube in the playlist).

it's amazing how a game 15 years old and 3 generations old, is this much better than the pile of garbage Madden is today.

I