Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Booker still gets no respect... smh 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Booker looks great. That’s why I don’t think we need another RB until at least the 5th Round. 

He has looked good in extremely limited action and has had a few explosive runs for sure. But he's not really a guy I'd trust to carry the ball 20+ times if Jacobs gets hurt. 

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Renfrow is best used on 3rd down. That’s why I said sprinkled in. Still need the big target in Edwards and these reps this year will only make him better next year. 

FWIW during the first two weeks when we had everyone healthy Edwards played 67% of our snaps, Ruggs played 64% of our snaps, Renfrow played 49% of our snaps, and Nelly played 19% of our snaps. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think we necessarily need a true "#1" and "#2" WR in our offense to be successful. Waller is on pace for 112 receptions, Jacobs is on pace for 48 receptions, Richard is on pace for 32 receptions, and Renfrow is on pace for 55 receptions. 

We already have a high volume, #1 target in Waller and I really like how our WR room is structured. We don't have a high volume target but we have 4 guys with different skill sets: Ruggs (elite speedster), Edwards (big body possession guy), Nelly (versatile guy with some big play ability), and Renfrow (slot guy with sure hands that can get open over the middle of the field). 

Carr does a pretty good job of spreading the ball around and with our personnel we're able to create mismatches. 

Oh, I agree with this. We have a versatile group and can feature different guys at different times. He was just listed as WR2 in BayRaiders post so I'd probably say he would be more of a big play shock trooper in specific formations. So long as Edwards matures and progresses he's got the build, skills and looks like a solid starting outside WR to me.

Renfrow a side condiment very much needed just not a main ingredient. 

Also might want to get Nelly signed up for another year or two. He’s gonna be a big part in the offense going forward he just offers so much speed and you match that up with Ruggs speed and he obviously has his confidence back and he’s only 27. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Renfrow a side condiment very much needed just not a main ingredient. 

Also might want to get Nelly signed up for another year or two. He’s gonna be a big part in the offense going forward he just offers so much speed and you match that up with Ruggs speed and he obviously has his confidence back and he’s only 27. 

He led all of our WR's in targets and catches last season and is on pace to do it again this year. 

Looking at our single season records is sad man, lol. But definitely brings back some nostalgia. 

Since 2000 we've only had 

5 RB's rush for 1,000+ yards: McFadden, Jacobs, Murray, Jordan, and Fargas

5 WR/TE put up 1,000+ receiving yards: Rice, Brown, Cooper, Crabtree, and Waller

5 defensive players put up 10+ sacks: Coleman, Burgess, Sapp, Mack, and Crosby 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I remember Fargas. Dude ran harddd. Not great vision lol, just ran straight and hard but still netted him a 4.5 YPC in 2007. 

Looking back at some of our old teams brings back so many memories. LaMont Jordan was another name I hadn't heard in ages. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I remember Fargas. Dude ran harddd. Not great vision lol, just ran straight and hard but still netted him a 4.5 YPC in 2007. 

Little Huggy was a real tough runner. Always had a soft spot for him, he was limited for sure, but always played with 100% effort. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Looking at our single season records is sad man, lol. But definitely brings back some nostalgia. 

5 WR/TE put up 1,000+ receiving yards: Rice, Brown, Cooper, Crabtree, and Waller

That's just really pathetic to see the previous 1000 yard receiver before Cooper was Tim Brown! We must have gone 10 or 11 years without a 1000 yard receiver 😬

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

That's just really pathetic to see the previous 1000 yard receiver before Cooper was Tim Brown! We must have gone 10 or 11 years without a 1000 yard receiver 😬

Randy Moss had 1005 yards in 2005.

Still 10 years between Moss and Cooper, though, which is pathetic.

• Like 1