Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

This is why I think we can make the playoffs.  We have the easiest schedule left in the NFL.  We just need to win 2 out of 4 of the tough opponents games.  I think we can beat the Colts, I think they're a fluke team right now.  I want to see us beat up on Rivers some more.

I think the Browns are a flukey team as well tbh that has benefited a lot from a soft schedule to start the year. They've played 1 playoff level team and got beat 38-6. 

The Colts don't scare me at all either. Rivers looks washed and their offense isn't very good. Their defense has been playing well but I wouldn't call the Jaguars, Jets, Vikings, or Bears offensive juggernauts. 

Our upcoming game against the Buccaneers is going to be a huge test to gauge where we're at as a team as we're expected to get Incognito, Edwards, Hurst, Collins, and Arnette back. If we win that game I think we're in pretty damn good shape going forward. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We could be a playoff team in the mix, and with cap space. No idea why we don’t kick the tires on hall of fame Earl Thomas. 

Gruden and Mayock are big on character and ET is a ******. Seems like we have a great locker room. We also have a young(impressionable) team and i doubt they bring in a guy like ET who can be a bad example, much like how we shipped Bowden out. Not saying i agree one way or another but i think this is our stance as a team and dont see us signing him. I think Bell is more realistic at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Gruden and Mayock are big on character and ET is a ******. Seems like we have a great locker room. We also have a young(impressionable) team and i doubt they bring in a guy like ET who can be a bad example, much like how we shipped Bowden out. Not saying i agree one way or another but i think this is our stance as a team and dont see us signing him. I think Bell is more realistic at this point. 

Thomas was never a locker room problem in Seattle and never had any significant issues during his time there. We seem to have a strong locker room and we haven't had any major locker room issues in the Gruden era outside of the AB fiasco. If you bring Thomas in it would be on a veteran minimum, non-guaranteed contract so you could cut ties with immediately if he caused any problems. There's literally zero risk in signing him while if he fits in our locker room culture we'd be adding one of the best safeties in the league. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thomas was never a locker room problem in Seattle and never had any significant issues during his time there. We seem to have a strong locker room and we haven't had any major locker room issues in the Gruden era outside of the AB fiasco. If you bring Thomas in it would be on a veteran minimum, non-guaranteed contract so you could cut ties with immediately if he caused any problems. There's literally zero risk in signing him while if he fits in our locker room culture we'd be adding one of the best safeties in the league. 

idk man, he was disruptive during contract talks, and even flipped off the sideline when he got hurt prior to signing a big deal. Seems like the classic case where he wasnt a big enough problem and was a superstar where things get swept under the rug, and as soon as you begin to slip and the talent doesnt match the drama you are no longer valued as much as you think you are. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

idk man, he was disruptive during contract talks, and even flipped off the sideline when he got hurt prior to signing a big deal. Seems like the classic case where he wasnt a big enough problem and was a superstar where things get swept under the rug, and as soon as you begin to slip and the talent doesnt match the drama you are no longer valued as much as you think you are. 

He deserved a big extension and the Seahawks were playing hard ball with him. And even though he didn't get it he didn't hold out of any regular season games and ended up breaking his leg that year. Pete Carroll had good things to say about him during recent interviews and there weren't any reports about drama or him being a bad teammate until late in his time there when they were having the contract dispute. 

He played at a high level last season and would be a significant upgrade over Harris. So again there's really no risk of bringing him in because if it doesn't work out you can move on immediately. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He deserved a big extension and the Seahawks were playing hard ball with him. And even though he didn't get it he didn't hold out of any regular season games and ended up breaking his leg that year. Pete Carroll had good things to say about him during recent interviews and there weren't any reports about drama or him being a bad teammate until late in his time there when they were having the contract dispute. 

He played at a high level last season and would be a significant upgrade over Harris. So again there's really no risk of bringing him in because if it doesn't work out you can move on immediately. 

thats my point, everything he did on the field suggested he deserved to be paid. Why else wouldnt they pay him, if he was great on the field and in the locker room? I think there are underlying issues and the talent no longer matches up. Carroll is a class act, he proved his point by moving on from him no need to bad mouth him at that point. 

Of course this is all speculation on my part as there is nothing documented prior to his contract issues. 

Just now, Geezy said:

thats my point, everything he did on the field suggested he deserved to be paid. Why else wouldnt they pay him, if he was great on the field and in the locker room? I think there are underlying issues and the talent no longer matches up. Carroll is a class act, he proved his point by moving on from him no need to bad mouth him at that point. 

Of course this is all speculation on my part as there is nothing documented prior to his contract issues. 

He was 29 at the time, had already broken his leg in 2016, and they had the Russell Wilson extension coming up too. Not to mention they gave Chancellor a big extension and then he dealt with injuries and fell off completely. Carroll and the Seahawks also moved on from Richard Sherman who has been elite from the 49ers. Plus Thomas had a really good year for the Ravens while the Seahawks have taken a major step back on defense. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was 29 at the time, had already broken his leg in 2016, and they had the Russell Wilson extension coming up too. Not to mention they gave Chancellor a big extension and then he dealt with injuries and fell off completely. Carroll and the Seahawks also moved on from Richard Sherman who has been elite from the 49ers. Plus Thomas had a really good year for the Ravens while the Seahawks have taken a major step back on defense. 

and was shipped out a year later. Thats my point, he was dealt with because he was great, once the attitude didnt match the production they moved on. 

37 minutes ago, Geezy said:

and was shipped out a year later. Thats my point, he was dealt with because he was great, once the attitude didnt match the production they moved on. 

The Seahawks essentially gutted their defense to rebuild and so they could pay Wilson. Thomas not getting an extension was more of a financial thing than a character issue or because of his play on the field. They've had the worst defenses in the Carroll era by far since Thomas departure. 

And you act like Thomas fell off tremendously or that he sucks now. He had an 85 coverage grade last year according to PFF and the Ravens had a top 3 secondary only allowing 15 passing TD's the entire season. PFF had him ranked as the 3rd best FS in the NFL coming into the year behind only Anthony Harris and Kevin Byard. 

Edited by NYRaider

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Seahawks essentially gutted their defense to rebuild and so they could pay Wilson. Thomas not getting an extension was more of a financial thing than a character issue or because of his play on the field. They've had the worst defenses in the Carroll era by far since Thomas departure. 

And you act like Thomas fell off tremendously or that he sucks now. He had an 85 coverage grade last year according to PFF and the Ravens had a top 3 secondary only allowing 15 passing TD's the entire season. PFF had him ranked as the 3rd best FS in the NFL coming into the year behind only Anthony Harris and Kevin Byard. 

He was also playing With the best DBs is the league in one of the better defenses in the league. If he was worth the headache I’m sure he’d be signed by now. Obviously it isn’t just a one time deal or other teams would’ve been all over him. He’s flirted with Dallas for year and Jerry won’t even bite.