RaidersAreOne

Random Raider Stuff

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Shenault was one of my favorite players from the 2020 class, he's going to be a stud. The 2020 WR class looks as good as advertised so far. 

Everyone here know how I felt about Shenault

• Like 1

We have seen a lot of RPOs from the offense one of these times Carr gonna run the ball for a very nice gain. It was there a couple of times against the Bills. 

If Gruden can tone down his natural conservative nature this offense should easily be a top 5 scoring offense. Gruden has done a great job.

13 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

We have seen a lot of RPOs from the offense one of these times Carr gonna run the ball for a very nice gain. It was there a couple of times against the Bills. 

If Gruden can tone down his natural conservative nature this offense should easily be a top 5 scoring offense. Gruden has done a great job.

Good observation, I was thinking this too, like we're setting it up and Carr will break off a 30 yard run sometime on a crucial 3rd down maybe. I also noticed we were running Ruggs across the formation against the Cheifs a lot as if we were going to use him on a sweep but he never got the ball so expect that for a 75 yard TD run in the next couple games 😀  

I like the way we're setting this up for the future but keeping our powder dry. Then we can spring them at a crucial juncture in a game for maximum effect. Good coaching.

• Like 1

They had Ruggs in motion a lot against KC. I want to say just about every time they did it resulted in a big gain. That big TD pass to Nelly he was in motion and drew the attention of the CB on that side of the field leaving Mathieu against Nelly. The TD pass to Waller they put Ruggs in motion. They even put him in motion and handed the ball to the RB which resulted in some nice runs. 

A lot of window dressing when it comes to Ruggs and a lot of setting things up for future use. Ruggs may never be a 90 catch a season type of WR, but his effect on the field is something that you cant underestimate. 

On 10/16/2020 at 1:49 PM, agarcia34 said:

Gruden's playback is too diverse to be considered only conservative. He opened up the playback in the first half to keep up with the Chiefs then went back to smash mouth football to control the clock and keep our defense as fresh as possible. He knew that even though we controlled the clock, our defense was going to be running their tails off. He managed the KC game to perfection. Cannot emphasize that enough. Our offense is as diverse as he envisioned. I love it. I see us winning a lot of games once our defense can start creating turnovers.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Gruden's playback is too diverse to be considered only conservative. He opened up the playback in the first half to keep up with the Chiefs then went back to smash mouth football to control the clock and keep our defense as fresh as possible. He knew that even though we controlled the clock, our defense was going to be running their tails off. He managed the KC game to perfection. Cannot emphasize that enough. Our offense is as diverse as he envisioned. I love it. I see us winning a lot of games once our defense can start creating turnovers.

We do not need a lot of turnovers.  We just need to break even.  We are at 0 in our 3 wins and -4 in our 2 loses.  We could always improve but I think creating turnovers is key in games that the offense is sloppy with the ball.  Not saying we would not win more or that I do not want more turnovers.  Just that it is not necessary to create a ton of turnovers for this team to make the playoffs.  Might be nerd for us to find success in the playoffs though.

Watching the Browns Steelers game. I'm hoping the Browns fall off. They seem the most suspect in their division. I expect the Ravens and Steelers to sweep them. Really need them to fall apart so we can make the postseason. 

Broncos taking out the Patriots.  That is the one game I wish we could get back.  I know we are a better team than the Patriots this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Watching the Browns Steelers game. I'm hoping the Browns fall off. They seem the most suspect in their division. I expect the Ravens and Steelers to sweep them. Really need them to fall apart so we can make the postseason. 

The Browns are the most overrated team in the NFL. They've feasted on bad teams and have played horribly against the two playoff teams they've played this year. Mayfield is a bust. 

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Browns are the most overrated team in the NFL. They've feasted on bad teams and have played horribly against the two playoff teams they've played this year. Mayfield is a bust. 

I agree. Now watching the Bucs play, really not looking forward to this game against them next week. Hopefully we gameplan well with us having 2 weeks to prepare. Plus getting people back. Surprised the Packers are struggling after that 10 and 0 start. Still got a half to turn things around. 

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I agree. Now watching the Bucs play, really not looking forward to this game against them next week. Hopefully we gameplan well with us having 2 weeks to prepare. Plus getting people back. Surprised the Packers are struggling after that 10 and 0 start. Still got a half to turn things around. 

Rodgers two interceptions gifted them 14 points. That'll be a great test to show us where we are as a team coming off of the bye week with all of our starters back in the lineup. 

22 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Broncos taking out the Patriots.  That is the one game I wish we could get back.  I know we are a better team than the Patriots this year.

The Patriots were only able to practice one time in the last two weeks. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Patriots were only able to practice one time in the last two weeks. 

We are still a better team.  Go back and watch the game.  The Patriots did not beat us.  We beat ourselves.

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We are still a better team.  Go back and watch the game.  The Patriots did not beat us.  We beat ourselves.

Definitely. I'm just saying the reason they dropped the game to Denver was because they hadn't been able to practice at all. We definitely could've and should've won that game but mistakes in the red zone and Gruden's conservative play calling killed us.