Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Six games in, and six tough games. Yesterday felt like a particularly poor performance, and the Patriots loss doesn’t look great in hindsight as they’re not a very good team. However, I think 3-3 is a decent position to be in after these matchups, and one that I certainly would have taken when looking at the schedule before the season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

A draft pick doesn’t fit the crime here, especially since it completely pales in comparison to what the Titans did. And how did cost the league time and money? All they had to do was switch the SEA/ARZ and LV/TB game. And if anything, the SEA/ARZ game was the best NFL game of the year and helped the NFL with ratings DRASTICALLY. We made them money lmao. 

Trent Brown's situation in particular didn't cost the league money, when the league had to flex out other games games to different dates it cost them time/money. There's a ton of logistics that go into all of that. But the point I'm really trying to make is that players being careless has the potential to cost the league a TON of time and money, which is why they're going to give hefty penalties. If guys are doing what Trent did and removing their trackers and there's a huge outbreak across the league then there's a realistic possibility we see another situation like what the NBA had to deal with where they have to stop the season for weeks or potentially even months. And with a sport like football if there's a 2-3 month pause in the middle of the season there's a good chance the rest of the season is just canceled altogether. 

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

It'd be ok, the NFL could just swap a 3rd for a 4th or something to pre-empt us drafting a Lynn Bowden 😀

Instead of us being punished for 2021 picks we can argue that we did a self imposed punishment of giving up two thirds in Muse/Bowden. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Trent Brown's situation in particular didn't cost the league money, when the league had to flex out other games games to different dates it cost them time/money. There's a ton of logistics that go into all of that. But the point I'm really trying to make is that players being careless has the potential to cost the league a TON of time and money, which is why they're going to give hefty penalties. If guys are doing what Trent did and removing their trackers and there's a huge outbreak across the league then there's a realistic possibility we see another situation like what the NBA had to deal with where they have to stop the season for weeks or potentially even months. And with a sport like football if there's a 2-3 month pause in the middle of the season there's a good chance the rest of the season is just canceled altogether. 

My issue is that it was mostly one player being careless and not a team decision.  The league should go after Trent exclusively if you really want to send a message to the players.  If it is found that the coaches or front office were involved then punish the team.  I believe if Trent was reckless and brought this upon himself then he should lose all pay from lost games.  He averages $1.4 million a game.  I think $2.8 million sends a strong message.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Makes you realize how special of a player Mack was for us. A truly once in a generation player, who pressured the QB regardless of who was trying to block him. 

Even when Mack was dominant our defense sucked overall. I can't even remember the last time we were semi-okay defensively. 

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even when Mack was dominant our defense sucked overall. I can't even remember the last time we were semi-okay defensively. 

Mack could not carry a team for a whole game, what player really can on defense, but when we needed a play he came through.  He was a clutch defensive player.  We have a similar setup to 2016 but we do not have that dominant defensive player that can swing a game.  We were a bottom 5 defense before and after Mack.  At least with Mack we were ranked around 20th.  That is a pretty big impact.  The last time we had a team that ranked 20th was in 2010 when we had Seymour.  A dominant DL player that commands a double team is good for around 10 spots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

My issue is that it was mostly one player being careless and not a team decision.  The league should go after Trent exclusively if you really want to send a message to the players.  If it is found that the coaches or front office were involved then punish the team.  I believe if Trent was reckless and brought this upon himself then he should lose all pay from lost games.  He averages $1.4 million a game.  I think $2.8 million sends a strong message.

Last time mike fined someone ab went tf off. Trent can kick rocks. He’s great when he plays but he never plays tho. He’s the best rt but 8-9 games a year isn’t cutting it lol I don’t care if you’re the next coming of Anthony Munoz if you don’t play you nothing to me. Young is weak af whoever thought he was worth anything needs to be fired lol. 

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Last time mike fined someone ab went tf off. Trent can kick rocks. He’s great when he plays but he never plays tho. He’s the best rt but 8-9 games a year isn’t cutting it lol I don’t care if you’re the next coming of Anthony Munoz if you don’t play you nothing to me. Young is weak af whoever thought he was worth anything needs to be fired lol. 

I was thinking the league could also fine Brown.  I am not sure what the limits are but there is zero reason why a player should be allowed to act that way and not suffer any consequences.  I had really high hopes with Brown but I am starting to regret all of it.

19 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sharpe actually played pretty well last year, it still makes zero sense as to why we chose to trade him to keep Parker. I'm all for moving on from Brown if the shenanigans continue but if we do we need to invest a high draft pick or pay a top OT in free agency to replace him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Sharpe actually played pretty well last year, it still makes zero sense as to why we chose to trade him to keep Parker. I'm all for moving on from Brown if the shenanigans continue but if we do we need to invest a high draft pick or pay a top OT in free agency to replace him. 

I questioned that move also.  Would have been nice to see how he played with Brown out.  If we can get a RT at a reasonable price I am good with that.  I would have liked to keep him next year because he is a lot cheaper but if he does not play there is no point.  Only 4 players signed for more than his $15 million salary last year in free agency.  I would put that money towards signing Allen Robinson and sign a RT for $10-12 million.  That is still top 5 money so we might have to spend that much.  We might also find someone on day 2 of the draft.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I questioned that move also.  Would have been nice to see how he played with Brown out.  If we can get a RT at a reasonable price I am good with that.  I would have liked to keep him next year because he is a lot cheaper but if he does not play there is no point.  Only 4 players signed for more than his $15 million salary last year in free agency.  I would put that money towards signing Allen Robinson and sign a RT for $10-12 million.  That is still top 5 money so we might have to spend that much.  We might also find someone on day 2 of the draft.

I'd prefer we put that money towards a stud safety like Justin Simmons and sign a high level OG in free agency. Richie's probably done after this year and Gabe hasn't been great. Then use our 1st/2nd on an OT. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer we put that money towards a stud safety like Justin Simmons and sign a high level OG in free agency. Richie's probably done after this year and Gabe hasn't been great. Then use our 1st/2nd on an OT. 

I really want to get a DT in rounds 1-2 or spend in FA.  I think that is our #1 need especially because Hankins is a FA after this year.  Outside of Hankins none of them have proven to be starters.