Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Sharpe actually played pretty well last year, it still makes zero sense as to why we chose to trade him to keep Parker. I'm all for moving on from Brown if the shenanigans continue but if we do we need to invest a high draft pick or pay a top OT in free agency to replace him. 

Sharpe wasn’t brought in by either MM or Gruden, so he was always on the outside looking in. Ego by the people in charge 

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I really want to get a DT in rounds 1-2 or spend in FA.  I think that is our #1 need especially because Hankins is a FA after this year.  Outside of Hankins none of them have proven to be starters.

I want to wait and see how Irving plays this year. The DT class in free agency isn't great this year.

My ideal situation

- Resign Hankins to a team friendly deal 

- Irving flashes that he's still a high end pass rusher and is brought back. 

- Spend big to sign Justin Simmons in free agency 

- Draft Christian Barmore, DT out of Alabama in the 1st

- Draft Jackson Carman or Daniel Faalele both OT in the 2nd 

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I want to wait and see how Irving plays this year. The DT class in free agency isn't great this year.

My ideal situation

- Resign Hankins to a team friendly deal 

- Irving flashes that he's still a high end pass rusher and is brought back. 

- Spend big to sign Justin Simmons in free agency 

- Draft Christian Barmore, DT out of Alabama in the 1st

- Draft Jackson Carman or Daniel Faalele both OT in the 2nd 

I do not see anything wrong with that.  Our defense, no matter the talent level, will not reach its potential until we get someone on the line that commands a double team. I posted about Macks impact on the defense.  Yes we were not a good defense with him but horrible without him.

Points against

2020 - 31th

2019 - 24th

2018 - 32th

2017 - 20th

2016 - 20th

2015 - 22th

2014 - 32th (Rookie year and we all know he did not play well)

2013 - 29th

2012 - 28th

2011 - 29th

• Like 1

Raiders:

We have signed LB James Onwualu and DB Kemah Siverand to the practice squad. 

In a corresponding move, we have placed WR Robert Davis and DB D.J. White on the practice squad-injured list.

Lollllll. Kemah is the guy the Hawks cut after he was trying to sneak a girl in to their facility. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raiders:

We have signed LB James Onwualu and DB Kemah Siverand to the practice squad. 

In a corresponding move, we have placed WR Robert Davis and DB D.J. White on the practice squad-injured list.

Lollllll. Kemah is the guy the Hawks cut after he was trying to sneak a girl in to their facility. 

If he gets caught doing something stupid and it leads to another situation I will not even try to argue against the league taking away picks.  Having guys on the team that are acting stupid but signed before all this madness is one thing.  To know the league is looking at you and you sign a guy like this is another level of stupid.  He does not even have the talent to justify risking him doing something stupid again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

If he gets caught doing something stupid and it leads to another situation I will not even try to argue against the league taking away picks.  Having guys on the team that are acting stupid but signed before all this madness is one thing.  To know the league is looking at you and you sign a guy like this is another level of stupid.  He does not even have the talent to justify risking him doing something stupid again.

After trading your 3rd rounder for similar immaturity supposedly 

4-3 with the easiest part of your schedule reaming. Playoffs looks like a real possibility. Should start to get healthy soon. Trade deadline coming up on Tuesday. That win today should give the Raiders a lot of belief that they should be active in the trade market. 

Offense will lead you to the playoffs if you can add a piece of two on the defense to patch some things.  

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

4-3 with the easiest part of your schedule reaming. Playoffs looks like a real possibility. Should start to get healthy soon. Trade deadline coming up on Tuesday. That win today should give the Raiders a lot of belief that they should be active in the trade market. 

Offense will lead you to the playoffs if you can add a piece of two on the defense to patch some things.  

Our best bet(in house) is if Irving can come in and take over as a 3T, Collins is brutal and Hurst is good depth.

I think David Irving providing a pass rush and Damon Arnette coming back to lockup the CB2 spot are the two major keys to us developing a middle of the pack defense and making our way into the playoffs.  Mullen always holds his own.  Kwit came back and shut down the run.  We need our pass rush to wake up and for the number two WR to be shut down by Arnette.

I would just like to take responsibility for what I said about Trent Brown and getting rid of him after he missed today's game.  Turns out he had a medical mishap with his pre game IV and was a very serious situation.  I do not know if anyone has said this yet but he suffered an embolism but it was not reported how serious it was.  It can cause a heart attack or a stroke.  I hope he is okay.

• Like 2

https://www.espn.com/nfl/fpi

According to ESPN, Raiders have played the toughest schedule so far and are 4-3. Everyone else listed in the top 10 toughest schedules has a losing record except for Green Bay.  Makes me think we can really win some games.  Just beat the 5-2 Browns who have had an easy schedule.  I think we can beat the Colts who have been smashing tomato cans all season long.  I'm excited.  I still feel like we have a shot to make the playoffs.  Probably won't make noise, but we can definitely win some games.