Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

You'd have been hard pressed to find any Raiders fan who wouldn't have taken 4-3 to start the season when the schedule was released. The worst team we've played up to this point is the Panthers and they're a solid middle of the pack outfit. There have been some poor performances along the way, and some particularly awful defense, but I'm pleased with where we are currently.

Inside the division I have a feeling that we'll split with both the Chargers and Broncos and the Chiefs will get us in our place. If all those results come to fruition that would leave us 6-6 with Dolphins, Jets, Colts and Falcons as the 4 key games. All winnable, but no freebies there (not even the Jets, as NY in December will be tough going).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

You'd have been hard pressed to find any Raiders fan who wouldn't have taken 4-3 to start the season when the schedule was released. The worst team we've played up to this point is the Panthers and they're a solid middle of the pack outfit. There have been some poor performances along the way, and some particularly awful defense, but I'm pleased with where we are currently.

Inside the division I have a feeling that we'll split with both the Chargers and Broncos and the Chiefs will get us in our place. If all those results come to fruition that would leave us 6-6 with Dolphins, Jets, Colts and Falcons as the 4 key games. All winnable, but no freebies there (not even the Jets, as NY in December will be tough going).

i think we go 4-2 in the division. 

19 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I'm very happy with our record.  What sucks about it though is the fact that the Titans/Colts, Browns, Ravens, and Dolphins are all fighting for the last 3 wild card spots.  We have to beat out at least two of those teams to get into the playoffs.  We definitely need to beat the Colts and the Dolphins if we really want a chance to get into the playoffs.  Luckily both of those games are home games which should help somewhat.  We'll see.  I think we are about to be 6-3 in a couple weeks.

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m done with the Sam young experience he’s so dam garbage he makes Parker look good. Think about that for a sec... just roll with Parker 

It's crazy how some players stick around in the league... makes me think coaches sometimes only look at stats and think well he's had experience starting so he's a solid backup :/ 

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I didn't see Parker cover any pass blocking reps against Olivier Vernon for a good comparison... at least he did decent in the run game though

Makes me wonder how bad the backup guards are at this point when it's considered better to have Good at LG and Young/Parker at RT, over Good at RT and Simpson etc. at LG...

*Unless this was more to do with prioritising the run game due to the weather...

3 hours ago, Ryno said:

It's crazy how some players stick around in the league... makes me think coaches sometimes only look at stats and think well he's had experience starting so he's a solid backup :/ 

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I didn't see Parker cover any pass blocking reps against Olivier Vernon for a good comparison... at least he did decent in the run game though

Makes me wonder how bad the backup guards are at this point when it's considered better to have Good at LG and Young/Parker at RT, over Good at RT and Simpson etc. at LG...

*Unless this was more to do with prioritising the run game due to the weather...

The Sam Young selection to me is a complete head scratcher. Anyone who's seen him before knows he's not a starting calibre player and he's always floated around as a journeyman player and never been successful. David Sharpe actually started a few games for us and played well I think most would agree. He's much younger, knows the team and coaches and could probably start for a number of teams and yet we go with the washed up 30 something journeyman who gets injured every time he goes in.............. its not as if he's any good when he's in there even!!!

Now, I imagine the FO justify the trade due to cost/Sharpe being an upcoming FA but yet we keep guys on more money who have had zero impact and are not likely to. A good backup swing tackle is IMO worth more than the low draft pick we acquired or a 4th TE and quite often the backup tackle gets a decent amount of work so it was always likely, especially with Trent Brown as a starter that our backups would play a number of snaps. Of all the curious and bad moves we made in the offseason, this is the least defensible to me. 

Sam Young has been unreliable like Trent Brown. Young is really only good for one qtr of football cause thats all he can play whenever he needs to play. Been the worse possible candidate for a back up OT. Young was getting eaten up by O.Vernon when he was in and Parker came in and settled things down. Parkers play has been a very nice surprise its not the oh sh?t Parker is in reaction when you see him on the field. Long way for him to go, but hats off to him for stepping up when we needed him and Tom Cable has certainly did a good job with all the guys. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Sam Young has been unreliable like Trent Brown. Young is really only good for one qtr of football cause thats all he can play whenever he needs to play. Been the worse possible candidate for a back up OT. Young was getting eaten up by O.Vernon when he was in and Parker came in and settled things down. Parkers play has been a very nice surprise its not the oh sh?t Parker is in reaction when you see him on the field. Long way for him to go, but hats off to him for stepping up when we needed him and Tom Cable has certainly did a good job with all the guys. 

This has to be Cable's best job as O-line coach.

9 hours ago, Ryno said:

Parker actually had a solid overall game he’s way better at run blocking than pass blocking but i didn’t see him get pushed into carrs lap like sam. Sam was moonwalking all day

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Parker actually had a solid overall game he’s way better at run blocking than pass blocking but i didn’t see him get pushed into carrs lap like sam. Sam was moonwalking all day

I would rather move Good to RT and see who would be best at LG.  I would even try Parker at LG.  I still think playing on the left side would help.  We could move Jackson back to LG and try someone at RG.  Jackson had his best years at LG.

I think you guys are selling continuity a bit short.

It is a really important thing especially with OL, so I guess Good is staying at LG until Richie is back, so at least our LT-RG line is good and have continuity. It is easier to help out the RT with TEs, FB and play calling then to deal with a new LG and a new RT again.

I would put Parker in there at RT, would give him TE help against the fast EDGE guys and move forward... 

• Like 1