Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 11/23/2020 at 12:09 PM, agarcia34 said:

If I remember correctly they stayed some where in West Virginia. But staying out East wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Maybe this time they can stay in up state NY.  Get use to the time and weather change.  Added bonus of very few Covid cases and the players can stay out of trouble.

If you do that you have to find a place to practice and that can hold the whole team. I think that was a main reason why the 49ers went to WV cause they were able to get that commendation. 

Was just thinking Takk wasn't waived again today so maybe he hasn't taken his physical today or they passed him lol 

Edit. Checked his IG hes been in Vegas since yesterday 

Edited by agarcia34

On 11/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

OMG. Jesus Christ. Just shut the **** up. I like Carr, and will be the first to acknolwedge when he's kicking *** at the same time acknowlegding when he's sucking ***. Your incessant droning on about other posters not understanding football is getting ******* old. Be the bigger person, get down off your high horse and enjoy Carr's success this season without being an *******.

As one of Carr's 'supporters' the whole time I'm willing to give Frankie some leeway. About 6'3 to 6'4 of leeway but. LOL 

It IS annoying as this isn't a 'Carr' thread but all of them got hijacked back then too. Carr has always had it in him but the injuries and having his best friend traded right before the season started really messed with his psyche. Trading Mack 100% WAS A MISTAKE for the 'team' and what it did overall. We'd still have Jacobs because we wouldn't have picked #4 overall had Mack been paid and on the team. I'd trade for him next year and I'd bet a good chuck of change we'd be in the Super Bowl if that happened. Reunited and it feels so gooooodddd.... LOL Hopefully with a different D cord/system but I'd bet money the other players would feel the love with mr Mack on board. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Carr not being on that list is a crime at this point. Aside from Mahomes, Big Ben, and maybe Josh Allen, the only other QB in the AFC that deserves a Pro Bowl nod is Justin Herbert for his play as a rookie. Certainly not 10 (going by Ingold popping in at 9 at FB) QBs playing better than Carr right now in the AFC or the NFL.

Edited by ronjon1990

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Carr not being on that list is a crime at this point. Aside from Mahomes, Big Ben, and maybe Josh Allen, the only other QB in the AFC that deserves a Pro Bowl nod is Justin Herbert for his play as a rookie. Certainly not 10 (going by Ingold popping in at 9 at FB) QBs playing better than Carr right now in the AFC or the NFL.

Shhhhhhh we like Carr being 'disrespected' it PISSES HIM OFF!!!  Ssshhhhhhh

No Pro Bowl so Super Bowl MVP will just have to do. Be very very quiet....hahahahahahaha

Edited by G
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

OMG. Jesus Christ. Just shut the **** up. I like Carr, and will be the first to acknolwedge when he's kicking *** at the same time acknowlegding when he's sucking ***. Your incessant droning on about other posters not understanding football is getting ******* old. Be the bigger person, get down off your high horse and enjoy Carr's success this season without being an *******.

This guy is over the top for no reason...

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

So when does Gruden get his apology from the the analytics contigent for calling him an out of touch dinosaur. Guys like Evan Silva pretty much all the rotoworld writers/analysts DFS Twitter guys am I missing anybody ?. Hell I was one of them lol ate my crow

Evan Silva is one of the worst “journalists” going. He’s an absolute goon.

I wasn’t totally sold on the Gruden hire at the time, but didn’t doubt the man’s ability to run an offense. I felt like he would be smart enough to realize the changes in the sport since he last coached and would be able to adapt to them, and this has pretty much happened as expected. To put it plainly, the dude can coach.

My main worry with Gruden was how much of a (negative) impact he’d have off the field, eg. with the draft and FA. But he seems to mesh well with Mayock, and while they definitely haven’t been 100% on either drafting or signing, things have gone better than I expected. There haven’t been many examples of Gruden’s ego making bad decisions - with possibly the Mack trade as an exception, although I kinda see why that happened from a financial perspective.

To your point - I can’t see these beat writers eating crow. If we make the playoffs and continue to develop into a contender, their previous criticisms will all be swept under the rug. If we fall apart in the next year or two they’ll be back in saying they told us so. It’s the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

He’s still worth a late 1st, but Jacobs keeps getting hurt. I’m still a big fan but it is getting concerning 

He runs hard and we use the hell out of him. One thing young players got to learn that its ok to get down some times. 

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Exactly, reminds me of Shaun Alexander. Dude ran hard, but fell off quick 

Shaun Alexander played a fair amount of time and I recall him being stellar at avoiding tackles.  I recall watching him play during his best season (lots of touchdowns) and the guy was amazing at avoiding tackles.

• 3 weeks later...