Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Rapoport :

#Raiders RB Josh Jacobs, who was involved in a single-car accident last week, was charged with failure to exercise due care, per his lawyers. He was not charged with a DUI by the Clark County DA. Statement:

His lawyer is about to be highly sought after.  

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Rapoport :

#Raiders RB Josh Jacobs, who was involved in a single-car accident last week, was charged with failure to exercise due care, per his lawyers. He was not charged with a DUI by the Clark County DA. Statement:

Wtf “failure to exercise due care” lol sure 

I’m very happy Jacobs escaped with only a minor charge and will likely now not be subject to a suspension.  

Im Guessing he has a very good lawyer who found some weaknesses in the Case and was able to Negotiate with the Prosecutor to file A lesser Charge.  It’s possible he was just under the legal limit when tested at the hospital or There Was a procedural failure or chain of custody Problem.  Thus, the prosecution knew they had more of a headache then it was worth and when the lawyer unofficially reached out they were agreeable to filing lesser charges. In most cases the judge will grant the warrant for arrest because the probable cause threshold is so small, but then the case gets dismissed or plead down.  There’s really now much a lawyer can do before the warrant is filed and ruled on by the judge.  All a good lawyer can do Is off the record speak to the prosecutor.  A defense attorney can’t file Any Motions or Do any court work until The judge rules on the warrant.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Why is it the Raiders have went to the Rams well twice, only to take what the player was good at and use him in a different way? 

Why does this organization insist on being so dumb about things? Every fan can see Joyner is better suited as a FS and Littleton at WLB. I honestly question the judgment of the people who evaluate the talent in Vegas. 

What really gets me is the fact that Joyner’s play in 2017 and 2018 proved he was way better at FS then sCB.  In 2017 he was amazing at FS and played pretty good on occasion when he dropped down into the slot to cover a receiver..... but in 2018 he played more and more in the slot and his play was significantly worse.  Not to mention from ‘14 to ‘16 he played sCB and wasn’t very good at all.

Also, it’s worth noting Joyner’s success at slot CB came primarily in a man scheme.  We signed him knowing all of this.  We play him in the slot in a zone scheme.... he stinks.... we keep him there and stay playing way too much zone.  Then the next year, when there’s a massive hole at FS (to the point Dallin Leavitt and Daryl Worley are starting) and we have several sufficient sCB options, we keep him at sCB and play a ton of zone.  What PG did was willingful negligence and nothing less!

Littleton was a 34ILB who thrived when he was free to run without iOL getting to the second level.  He was always known to be poor at taking on blockers and would much rather run around them then take them on.  Knowing this we make him a SAM and not a WILL.  Which was stupid from day 1.  

There’s some decisions that make sense at the time but end up not working out.  This is not the case.  It was obviously not going to work from the moment the decision was made.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anyone else feel Like we could upgrade our offensive coordinator? Olsen is nothing more then a QB coach, what can he possibly teach DC at this point. I always felt like another good playcalling mind to help Gruden on Sundays would be wise

I'd definitely love if we brought in a new OC and let him take over play calling duties but that will never happen with Gruden. 

18 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

What really gets me is the fact that Joyner’s play in 2017 and 2018 proved he was way better at FS then sCB.  In 2017 he was amazing at FS and played pretty good on occasion when he dropped down into the slot to cover a receiver..... but in 2018 he played more and more in the slot and his play was significantly worse.  Not to mention from ‘14 to ‘16 he played sCB and wasn’t very good at all.

Joyner said it himself when he was with the Rams that he didn't enjoy playing in the slot full time and loved it when Phillips moved him to FS. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anyone else feel Like we could upgrade our offensive coordinator? Olsen is nothing more then a QB coach, what can he possibly teach DC at this point. I always felt like another good playcalling mind to help Gruden on Sundays would be wise

Our OC will always just be a glorified QB coach with Jon Gruden here. No point in spending cash on another OC while Gruden runs the whole thing anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Our OC will always just be a glorified QB coach with Jon Gruden here. No point in spending cash on another OC while Gruden runs the whole thing anyway.

Kinda like in the corporate world. Obviously there going be a ceo and boss, but it’s not good to have nothing but yes men. It’s creates a group think, would be nice to have a fresh mind to give Gruden a different perspective....

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Joyner said it himself when he was with the Rams that he didn't enjoy playing in the slot full time and loved it when Phillips moved him to FS. 

Oh course ... he knew he wasn’t as good there and had way more success at FS.  It’s absolutely ridiculous to play him At sCB and not FS fir like 5 feet very good reasons.  

The big question becomes do we keep Joyner if he’ll take a pay cut and play FS under Bradley.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Oh course ... he knew he wasn’t as good there and had way more success at FS.  It’s absolutely ridiculous to play him At sCB and not FS fir like 5 feet very good reasons.  

The big question becomes do we keep Joyner if he’ll take a pay cut and play FS under Bradley.

I mean I'm 100% game for it. But I'm unsure if it'll happen. Joyner is a fine football player. Just not a good slot corner for me.