Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I remember from last season some of the names of building block QB that people threw on this list which included Sam Darnold, Goff, Wentz, Tua, Danny Pennies, Haskins etc.  Comical stuff really....

Yup and after watching the running QBs get hurt this season people still don't understand that they're not gonna last long.  Just look at Patrick Mahomes he played for 3 years he had a broken wrist,  dislocated kneecap and now has a concussion. People really think he can last another 10 years like this?

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

when it’s crunch time and you have to win one game I’m sorry that the qb with the most losses in history isn’t higher on my list. I’ve seen carr take a dump in his diaper far too many times to put him higher. Curious How your list looks tho...

But you'll take Jackson in crunch time LOL 

Here is my list of QB's who I feel are better than Carr right now and this is in no particular order:

Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, Allen and Rogers.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

But you'll take Jackson in crunch time LOL 

Here is my list of QB's who I feel are better than Carr right now and this is in no particular order:

Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, Allen and Rogers.  

Carr is the 6th qb on your “gotta win one game” list interesting. Curious how the rest of your list is

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Yup and after watching the running QBs get hurt this season people still don't understand that they're not gonna last long.  Just look at Patrick Mahomes he played for 3 years he had a broken wrist,  dislocated kneecap and now has a concussion. People really think he can last another 10 years like this?

Exactly and the back half of their careers will be defined as to how well they can adapt to playing the QB position once that mobility is limited. Anyone who thinks that Jackson will adapt and be playing at a high level at 32 understands nothing about football. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly and the back half of their careers will be defined as to how well they can adapt to playing the QB position once that mobility is limited. Anyone who thinks that Jackson will adapt and be playing at a high level at 32 understands nothing about football. 

I guess people don't remember Vick. I don't see anything different about Jackson at this point. Very exciting player to watch but what he does as a passer simply isn't enough.

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr is the 6th qb on your “gotta win one game” list interesting. Curious how the rest of your list is

My list was QB's who I feel are playing better than Carr right now.  If it's a win one game scenario I may put Brady ahead of Carr but that is based on his history.  His last season in NE on a terrible O he looked done which is exactly why BB let him walk.  You put Brady on a stacked team and miraculously his numbers improve...  It's a miracle LOL 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

My list was QB's who I feel are playing better than Carr right now.  If it's a win one game scenario I may put Brady ahead of Carr but that is based on his history.  His last season in NE on a terrible O he looked done which is exactly why BB let him walk.  You put Brady on a stacked team and miraculously his numbers improve...  It's a miracle LOL 

like i said in another thread, its funny how things change when your surroundings improve. Its almost like football is a team sport. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

My list was QB's who I feel are playing better than Carr right now.  If it's a win one game scenario I may put Brady ahead of Carr but that is based on his history.  His last 2 seasons in NE on a terrible O he looked done which is exactly why BB let him walk.  You put Brady on a stacked team and miraculously his numbers improve...  It's a miracle LOL 

My “right now” list carr would definitely be higher fwiw. I don’t consider carr a building block qb rn. I honestly see him as a “playoff ready team that needs a qb“ type. Like Indy, chi, wash, Philly. Similar to rivers last year

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

My “right now” list carr would definitely be higher fwiw. I don’t consider carr a building block qb rn. I honestly see him as a “playoff ready team that needs a qb“ type. Like Indy, chi, wash, Philly. Similar to rivers last year

Like I have said in prior posts I would not be opposed to drafting a project QB in the 4th or beyond, Carr has a window of around 6 years left of top level play.  

It's just a shame that we finally have landed a quality QB after 20 years of flat out bums and we surround him with the same old trash YOY.  We are wasting his prime years and are still one of the worst managed franchises in the NFL until proven otherwise.  Bad FA acquisitions and terrible draft picks is the reason we are where we are.  

19 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I'm sorry how many teams cut him again?

Well he did kill some dogs and stuff.  Served jail time, was in his 30s and clearly slowed down in terms of speed and had to be relied on as more of a pocket passer which he clearly wasn't.  Either way, Lamar Jackson isn't the best passer in the league, that is very clear.  His ability to run with the ball is what makes him a starting caliber player.  I will say that he does need better WR talent around him though.  his WRs aren't very good.