Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

The new TE coach is Austin King. He was an offensive assistant last year. Worked as an OC in college (Dayton) for 4 years. Adam Trautman was a 3rd round pick TE from Dayton for the Saints in 2020 and made PFF's all rookie team.

Edited by oakdb36

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

The new TE coach is Austin King. He was an offensive assistant last year. Worked as an OC in college (Dayton) for 4 years. Adam Trautman was a 3rd round pick TE from Dayton for the Saints in 2020 and made PFF's all rookie team.

If rather have gotten a more experienced coach.  I don’t mind promoting within the org but frank smith was one of the to TE coaches in the league and he’s being replaced by a quality control coach.

41 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

If rather have gotten a more experienced coach.  I don’t mind promoting within the org but frank smith was one of the to TE coaches in the league and he’s being replaced by a quality control coach.

Every coach in the league probably started as a quality control coach. Not gonna argue if it's good or bad since i'm in no position to have an opinion on that.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Every coach in the league probably started as a quality control coach. Not gonna argue if it's good or bad since i'm in no position to have an opinion on that.

Maybe he’s the next great TE coach... only time will tell... but I’m just saying I’d have preferred a more experienced coach to help Waller learn the real finer points of the trade.

it’s his first year in the position and I’ve never known anyone to be at their best in their first year.

end of the world?  No.  Will notice any difference? Prolly not.

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Maybe he’s the next great TE coach... only time will tell... but I’m just saying I’d have preferred a more experienced coach to help Waller learn the real finer points of the trade.

it’s his first year in the position and I’ve never known anyone to be at their best in their first year.

Hopefully he's got some "hood" in him to be a great leader for that group 

In all seriousness, it's a position coach. What great TE coaches can you name? These positions are usually occupied by guy getting his first job or veteran who never developed past coaching a position. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Hopefully he's got some "hood" in him to be a great leader for that group 

In all seriousness, it's a position coach. What great TE coaches can you name? These positions are usually occupied by guy getting his first job or veteran who never developed past coaching a position. 

I’m sorry your old and unaware of expressions people use these days. 
but the word hood isn’t derogatory , the word “ghetto” is.  I said my peace after you cowardly implied I’m a bigot.  

It seems you want to play the tick for tack game... well bring it on.  I’ve always thought your takes were mostly horrible.  It’s not hard at all to point out the errors in your ideas... every single time.  Your a miserable person who is engages in petty beefs on here.  I’m far from the first person you provoke.  You did the same thing with @BayRaiderlast offseason.  So if you think Your gonna try and make me your new target simple because I said I believe there was a limit to what we should pay for Watson and then a few people agreed with me.... I ain’t the one.  I got “a lot oh hood in me” as they say.  I’m sorry your so petty that a simple disagreement on a players value can spark a petty online beef.  

i have zero desire to engage in any further back and forth with you.  

That said... your undervaluing positional coaches.  There the ones that develop the players.  They have tremendous pull as far as what players the team acquires.  I’ve had long talks with a current NFL backup LB (he’s a family friend of my boss) and he’s said the position coach and ST Coordinator were either the ones pushing to bring him in and keep him On the roster after the TC cut down OR they were the reason he was cut/traded... depending on what team he was on at the time. Frank Smith was the one who pushed to bring Waller onto the team and develop him.  Smith had the pull To convince the GM to make the signing of Waller because he’s been around and trusted.  I highly doubt the new rookie TE coach has much pull.  

also smith was very instrumental in refining Wallers game.  Watch Waller in the 4 games of the first season with us and now: he’s made massive jumps.  It wasn’t Gruden that developed him, it was Smith.

if we had a older proven TE(s) that weren’t still developing it really wouldn’t Matter much.  But Waller and Moreau still Have a ton to learn, the finer points.  This is why we brought Witten in and paid him so much money.  So obviously the organization saw it as a need then.  Is Waller a polished TE? Far from it.  He’s incredibly talented and isn’t lacking in skills but he could add so many tiny skills To his game and improve.

The new Te coach has very little experience coaching TEs.  He was a Center not TE in his playing days.  I just think there were better coaches available for the short term.  Maybe he’ll become a good TE coach but he’s unproven.  Sometimes you have to take risks and give players and coaches a chance.  I simply Pointed out one concern with the news.  I commented on a news event and didn’t get lost in the seriousness of the move.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:19 PM, pf9 said:

The use of silver as a team color became even more fitting when the Raiders moved to Vegas, as Nevada is known as the Silver State.

If Las Vegas ends up getting MLB and NBA teams in the future, the colors for those teams should include silver and black to trade on the popularity of the Raiders, though not necessarily making them the only colors (I want the MLB team to be known as the Martians, referring to nearby Area 51, so obviously green would need to be incorporated as a color in such an instance).

WTF???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m sorry your old and unaware of expressions people use these days. 
but the word hood isn’t derogatory , the word “ghetto” is.  I said my peace after you cowardly implied I’m a bigot.

Sorry you took it in that context. I more implied it hilarious that you decided "hood" and "leadership" go hand in hand. When the best QBs and leaders in the NFL over the last decade are pretty vanilla personalities who lead by example and hold player accountable. Example, Peyton Manning. Who is about as far removed from being "hood" as you'll ever see. 

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It seems you want to play the tick for tack game... well bring it on.  I’ve always thought your takes were mostly horrible.  It’s not hard at all to point out the errors in your ideas... every single time.  Your a miserable person who is engages in petty beefs on here.  I’m far from the first person you provoke.  You did the same thing with @BayRaiderlast offseason.  So if you think Your gonna try and make me your new target simple because I said I believe there was a limit to what we should pay for Watson and then a few people agreed with me.... I ain’t the one.  I got “a lot oh hood in me” as they say.  I’m sorry your so petty that a simple disagreement on a players value can spark a petty online beef.  

Thanks for being a fan and following along. Like and subscribe for more. 

Sorry you feel triggered because it was a laughably bad "hood" response to leadership. And I also feel there is a limit to how much you pay in any trade for Watson. Never was I one of these throw 5 picks at it people. But carry on. 

Lastly... don't doubt the impact of the position coaches. Understanding that Smith is a heck of a coach.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

our TE coach last year was Jason Witten lol 

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sorry you took it in that context. I more implied it hilarious that you decided "hood" and "leadership" go hand in hand. When the best QBs and leaders in the NFL over the last decade are pretty vanilla personalities who lead by example and hold player accountable. Example, Peyton Manning. Who is about as far removed from being "hood" as you'll ever see. 

Thanks for being a fan and following along. Like and subscribe for more. 

Sorry you feel triggered because it was a laughably bad "hood" response to leadership. And I also feel there is a limit to how much you pay in any trade for Watson. Never was I one of these throw 5 picks at it people. But carry on. 

Lastly... don't doubt the impact of the position coaches. Understanding that Smith is a heck of a coach.

I’m done with this conversation after this:

Maybe you misread what I said or maybe I didn’t do good (I accept that is a very legit possibility) enough job explaining....so I’ll try again:

carr has no edge.  He has no intimidation factor.  He’s the epitome of what you think of a upper middle class Christian guy whose prolly never really really roughed it.  He has two great parents who prolly to every game and PTO meeting as a kid.  
on the other hand there are a lot of players (of all races, this isn’t a race issue. I know some “hood as F” Irish boys that ain’t no one here going to step to) who grew to struggling and fighting .... etc etc.  

they might like DC as person.... they might respect him as a man... but when they step out of line and DC would have to be a leader and step to them.... the first thought is “who is this guy think he is?  He’s soft, he ain’t aint about that life, he doesn’t want none”.  
My point was DC needs to have more toughness.... he’s gotta be able to meet every player on their own level.  When there’s a situation that gets to the point where The leader needs to put one of the other players in line there’s always a face to face stand off... you size each other up and look into a Mans eyes and either see fear or a willingness to fight.  

look at the AB and Mayock fight.  AB thought he could press up on MM and get away with it.  He thought he could intimidate Mayock.  Mayock looked him in the eye and didn’t blink or show A drop of fear.  Carr needs to have that edge.  Obviously if rarely gets to the point if actually fighting but a leader on a team needs to let all other players know that if they want to step out of line they will be put right back in line one way or another.