Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... you are still going?

Sorry you are triggered because I don't agree with your "hood" comment or definition of leadership. I've done nothing to provoke anything outside my disagreement with your out of touch toxic masculine definition of what you think leadership is.

You want to call Carr a "soft leader", that's your opinion albeit a lot of us would disagree. If you want to talk about his ability and consistency over a season and how that relates to a teams confidence in a late season push, that's another topic. Carr is who he is from a skills perspective only so much he can do. He's even keel just like Mahomes, Watson, Wilson and a bevy of other "leaders" who just happen to have more advanced skills to work with and in most cases more talent.

Again... you want to look at leadership problems, look at the coach. Gruden has been hypercritical of players, calling them out publicly. These are young players he's drafted mind you. His lack patience with them and penchant for voicing his displeasure publicly was an issue in Tampa and we're seeing it again in Vegas. 

At the bold: Meh easy there cowboy let’s not get to carried away 

Mark Davis recently bought the LV Aces WNBA franchise from MGM Resorts International.  I haven’t seen the price tag revealed but I’ve seen reports from this year that said due to the new naming rights deals the franchise values increased from 11M to 67M with an average in the $17-35M range.  He’s also announced plans to build a training facility for the team next to ours.  I assume such a training facility would cost at least $10M.

We didn’t get the expected revenue out of the new stadium his season and I’m curious if we’ll have “cash on hand” issues when we go into FA.  When you sign a player and there’s guaranteed money in the deal that amount of guaranteed money must be put in escrow.  We all have high hopes for landing some Expensive FAs this year on defense.

If Mark has 40-50M to invest into essentially a tax write off (the WNBA losses money and will always lose money) I think it shows our change in financial strength.  with the new Stadium our profits should be massive compared to previous years and the WNBA team would build his brand and on the other end be used as a way to reduce taxes.

The LV deal should continue to move us from A team that possibly traded Mack Because we couldn’t put 60/80M??? in escrow.  This could mean we are more aggressive in selectively signing FAs to deals with large SBs, especially this season.

Could very well see Gruden leave before the 10 years, but if some how things get really good where they’re making the playoffs and making runs in the playoffs I could see him stay for the whole contract length. 

He will only leave early if things get bad. His ego won’t allow him to be around if it’s year 5 or 6 and they’re still not a playoff team

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Could very well see Gruden leave before the 10 years, but if some how things get really good where they’re making the playoffs and making runs in the playoffs I could see him stay for the whole contract length. 

He will only leave early if things get bad. His ego won’t allow him to be around if it’s year 5 or 6 and they’re still not a playoff team

I don't know man.  I really do think he's going to stick it out until he gets it right.  I don't think he got Mike Mayock involved and is assembling this young roster to just walk away half way through.  You look across our team and it's young players everywhere.  I think he really wants to put his stamp on this team and develop it long term.  I mean I could go and name all of our players that are in their first 3 years but we all know this is a very young roster overall.  I think Gruden wants to build it up and maintain it for the duration of his contract.  I don't know if it'll happen, but I think Gruden is working this team with the intentions of being here the whole ten years.

25 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Trent is at a spot with Raider fans no matter what he says fans will have an issue with. His social media post are always weird. Again probably the best to move on

Which in retrospect makes the Khalil Mack trade look horrible. We traded him because we supposedly couldn't pay him but Trent Brown and Tyrell Williams had a combined $36M cap hit while Mack made $26M and neither made an impact. Not to mention we paid Brown to play RT which isn't even a premium position. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Trent is at a spot with Raider fans no matter what he says fans will have an issue with. His social media post are always weird. Again probably the best to move on

It’s just constant subliminal messages on his social media.

He’s tiresome.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:18 AM, NYRaider said:

Which in retrospect makes the Khalil Mack trade look horrible. We traded him because we supposedly couldn't pay him but Trent Brown and Tyrell Williams had a combined $36M cap hit while Mack made $26M and neither made an impact. Not to mention we paid Brown to play RT which isn't even a premium position. 

Do you even watch football, Mack has declined. 

He had a series of knee and ankle injuries over the last 2 years. That's the problem with paying defensive players top dollar, they get dinged up all the time and it adds up.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Do you even watch football, Mack has declined. 

He had a series of knee and ankle injuries over the last 2 years. That's the problem with paying defensive players top dollar, they get dinged up all the time and it adds up.

Aren't you in another thread citing PFF for ranking Carr #8 as QB as your evidence.

Didn't PFF rank Mack as their #1 edge defender for 2020? Or do you only use pff when it fits your narrative 🤔

Edited by SilverNBlackFan