Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Vic mentioned on the pod that he’s surprised that Rodney Hudson hasn’t been the one to be released. Said that Andre James is ready to take over. Mentioned that James is one of the few guys that they have built up. 

Got me thinking and I looked at Hudson contract numbers and this year is basically have to keep him but next year could see them move on and go with the younger cheaper option in James. 

Just threw me off tbh never really thought about releasing Hudson 

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic mentioned on the pod that he’s surprised that Rodney Hudson hasn’t been the one to be released. Said that Andre James is ready to take over. Mentioned that James is one of the few guys that they have built up. 

Got me thinking and I looked at Hudson contract numbers and this year is basically have to keep him but next year could see them move on and go with the younger cheaper option in James. 

Just threw me off tbh never really thought about releasing Hudson 

I heard that too. To be honest, it just made me think poorly of Vic’s football brain. He was essentially saying that the most obvious move to reduce money on the oline would have been to have cut Hudson as James has done okay in the past and is cheap and that he would have kept Brown.

Selling arguably our most consistent and best player over the past few years and a highly respected locker room leader to boot. I thought it was a pretty ridiculous suggestion really

Edited by reddevil
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, reddevil said:

I heard that too. To be honest, it just made me think poorly of Vic’s football brain. He was essentially saying that the most obvious move to reduce money on the oline would have been to have cut Hudson as James has done okay in the past and is cheap and that he would have kept Brown.

Selling arguably our most consistent and best player over the past few years and a highly respected locker room leader to boot. Ridiculous suggestion

I'm honestly not a big fan of Vic. I appreciate his camp reports, but he always has lame or obvious takes. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I’m sure it won’t happen but lost June 1st cut 

Rodney Hudson $13,637,000  
$7,237,000
$6,400,000

I’m also positive it’s just money based idea from Vic but it was a wild one 

I would much rather cut Richard for 3.5m and Nassib for 4m= 7.5m

7.5m could be a solid starter, Nassib is probably our 4th best DE which is not saying much. Richard could be replaced if we need money. I could see Hudson getting a new team friendly deal next summer. 

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

Selling arguably our most consistent and best player over the past few years and a highly respected locker room leader to boot. I thought it was a pretty ridiculous suggestion really

That one was horrible. Vic's football knowledge sucks, which is a big time bummer because he gets the most honest reporting from the team.

Sometimes they interfere with each other. Ted Nguyen and Tashan Reed are good. Also Vinny Bonsignore is pretty objective, if a bit optimistic like myself.

Agree with you guys re: Vic. I think he’s the most “inside” reporter we have to rely on for news, but some of his opinions/suggestions are terrible. That Hudson/Brown stuff on the podcast today was wild.

There’s something about his tone that annoys me. Kinda smug, know-it-all vibes.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

When you're so far up a team @ss you have to say dumb sh*t like this 

Devin White is definitely a very aggressive, fast, big hitting LB but he has struggled in coverage. Last season he allowed 86/98 passes to be completed when targeted for 761 yards and 4 TD. I don't like to use PFF as the bible but he had a 39.8 coverage grade, 41.0 grade against the run, and a 43.4 grade overall. The only aspect they graded him highly was as a pass rusher with an 85.9 grade which makes sense due to his 9 sacks. 

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

With as many holes as we currently have on the OL it would be absolutely insane to cut Hudson.