Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Might be a little early to announce this.  Maybe "Plans to be at full capacity" would be a better statement.  I hope they are correct but I am not going to put money on it.  If teams were positive about this you would have seen a lot more backloaded contracts and not a bunch of 1-2 yr deals.  A lot can change in 5 months.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:04 AM, drfrey13 said:

Might be a little early to announce this.  Maybe "Plans to be at full capacity" would be a better statement.  I hope they are correct but I am not going to put money on it.  If teams were positive about this you would have seen a lot more backloaded contracts and not a bunch of 1-2 yr deals.  A lot can change in 5 months.

Think all stadiums will be at full capacity. By the time football starts everyone who wants the vaccine would have been able to get it.

Also the 1-2 year deals are more to do with the salary cap spike up that you will see in the upcoming years due to fans being able to go back to games, but more importantly the new TV deal that was signed which will cause a huge raise in the salary cap. 

On 4/12/2021 at 4:20 AM, lester said:

Every year since JG took over its the same thing.. sign 1 good FA..and think thats enough..then miss on the draft picks...always think they are smarter then everybody else

We were definitely much more aggressive in free agency in 2019 and 2020. 

In 2019 we signed Lamarcus Joyner, Trent Brown, and Tyrell Williams to big deals in addition to trading for Antonio Brown.

In 2020 we signed Cory Littleton, Nick Kwit, and Carl Nassib to big deals. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Think all stadiums will be at full capacity. By the time football starts everyone who wants the vaccine would have been able to get it.

Also the 1-2 year deals are more to do with the salary cap spike up that you will see in the upcoming years due to fans being able to go back to games, but more importantly the new TV deal that was signed which will cause a huge raise in the salary cap. 

I understand what you are sayin but in this environment it is risky to project 5-6 months out.  A state like Michigan might be on lockdown when the season starts and who knows what other states might have flares up over the summer.  Currently hearing vaccine protection lasts at least 6-9 months.  Hopefully longer but that puts at risk during the season.  I want this to be over with but I would not put any money on the season not going as planned.  Some people will not want to take the risk and as excitement wears off and some teams start to suck that number will probably grow.  TV revenue matters the most and is locked in but I am not sure about the fans at stadiums bet.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

random thought: kinda suck Cory James and Marquel Lee fell off so quick. I thought there going be solid for us during their 20s. 

Fell off? They never really caught on. They were the epitome of the Raiders LB plan. Late round player, limited skill sets who were forced into action because the FO refuses to draft actual talent at the position. 

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

random thought: kinda suck Cory James and Marquel Lee fell off so quick. I thought there going be solid for us during their 20s. 

You thought a 5th and 6th Round LB were going to be solid for us?

I’ll never understand this subforum always thinking and hoping our 4th to 6th Round LB selections are long term starters. They are temporary bandaid fixes and mostly just depth. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

They both looked like at least solid 3rd LBs on a unit.  But they only flashed briefly in a few games.... that happens alll the time with these mid rounders.  

On 4/17/2021 at 6:06 AM, big_palooka said:

Fell off? They never really caught on. They were the epitome of the Raiders LB plan. Late round player, limited skill sets who were forced into action because the FO refuses to draft actual talent at the position. 

We've invested a lot into the LB spot: Miles Burris, Sio Moore, Ben Heeney, Neiron Ball, Cory James, Marquel Lee, and Tanner Muse.