Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've invested a lot into the LB spot: Miles Burris, Sio Moore, Ben Heeney, Neiron Ball, Cory James, Marquel Lee, and Tanner Muse.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. But hasn't been an early pick at LB since McClain.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. But hasn't been an early pick at LB since McClain.  

Sarcasm my friend. We have probably spent less early draft capital on the front 7 than any team in the league over the last decade. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

They both looked like at least solid 3rd LBs on a unit.  But they only flashed briefly in a few games.... that happens alll the time with these mid rounders.  

I didn't think they were going to be all pro players, but I thought Lee would be a solid thumper 2 down LB. Think we drafted him when he was 21/20. I did think we landed a steal in James, thought he was going to be a playmaking WLB. He seemed fast and flashed a little. Basically what Littleton is 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We've invested a lot into the LB spot: Miles Burris, Sio Moore, Ben Heeney, Neiron Ball, Cory James, Marquel Lee, and Tanner Muse.

Drafting in the 4th Round or later is not drafting for starters , you do realize that right? These were for depth, temporary bandaid fixes, and maybe a “FO: hopefully it sticks, but we know that’s like a 2% chance”. 

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So that Raider tweet is... interesting. 

Not going to comment on other owners lest it tow the line of forum rules. 

But we're owned by Mark Davis. He's one of the more progressive owners in the league, often unabashedly so. He took ownership of the tweet, gave his reason for it, and deserves the benefit of the doubt considering his remarks regarding other protests and eventually telling players to protest with pride IN UNIFORM. 

It's a nothing burger unless someone just wants to make it something. Having lived in areas of the country where such issues are decidedly problematic, the Raiders ownership, as much as I hate some football decisions they make, has been a source of pride in that regard. 

I would've replaced the "I" with "We" since it was representative of the Raiders as an organization, but there's nothing to see here at all. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not going to comment on other owners lest it tow the line of forum rules. 

But we're owned by Mark Davis. He's one of the more progressive owners in the league, often unabashedly so. He took ownership of the tweet, gave his reason for it, and deserves the benefit of the doubt considering his remarks regarding other protests and eventually telling players to protest with pride IN UNIFORM. 

It's a nothing burger unless someone just wants to make it something. Having lived in areas of the country where such issues are decidedly problematic, the Raiders ownership, as much as I hate some football decisions they make, has been a source of pride in that regard. 

I would've replaced the "I" with "We" since it was representative of the Raiders as an organization, but there's nothing to see here at all. 

Agree with you, Mark Davis has definitely been more on the progressive side and I do believe he meant well with this tweet.

It would have been better to release a statement so there would have been no misinterpretation, but it is what it is. 

Edited by OldManWillis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I guess i'm missing something but I don't understand the outrage.

I know right. The tweet is in support of the conviction. Everybody hoping for a conviction was holding their breath in anticipation of the verdict. Guilty was the verdict, so the tweet was about exhaling because the verdict was what people had been waiting for. Freaking people need to get over themselves if they think the tweet is in bad taste. I hope Davis sticks to his guns and doesn't take it down. And for the record, I'm pro police and am happy with the verdict. That's all I'm going to say because I'm sure I broke forum rules. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I guess i'm missing something but I don't understand the outrage.

It stems from a 2014 case. Protestors who supported the cops wore shirts emblazoned with "I can breath"

And naturally... context means nothing in Twittersephere so we are now cancelling the Raiders.

Social media is the worst thing to ever happen to the world 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It stems from a 2014 case. Protestors who supported the cops wore shirts emblazoned with "I can breath"

And naturally... context means nothing in Twittersephere so we are now cancelling the Raiders.

Social media is the worst thing to ever happen to the world 

Deleted Twitter years ago. Literally the worst place on the internet, and cancel culture has been going on there since its inception. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Deleted Twitter years ago. Literally the worst place on the internet, and cancel culture has been going on there since its inception. 

I need to do that honestly. I keep twitter typically for this time of year. I like hearing the draft rumors. The Raider fans on twitter make me want to be a fan of any other franchise. They are so annoying and defensive.