Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I need to do that honestly. I keep twitter typically for this time of year. I like hearing the draft rumors. The Raider fans on twitter make me want to be a fan of any other franchise. They are so annoying and defensive. 

Social Media sports fans are the worst. They are mostly casuals, plus top it off with Heavy Social Media users are usually annoying to begin with...

Not saying we’re all that or anything, but most people on here have a deeper understanding of football, and more open to a broader range of opinions compared to the closed mindedness of Social Media. 

I love Twitter. It really comes down to who you follow. I stay away from Raiders Twitter for the most part. Easily the most dumb part of Twitter. Just follow some beat reporters and your draft guys. Others are Warriors Twitter which I enjoy a lot and my gambling degenerates. 

4 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Agree with you, Mark Davis has definitely been more on the progressive side and I do believe he meant well with this tweet.

It would have been better to release a statement so there would have been no misinterpretation, but it is what it is. 

I think Mark meant well, but maybe not the best look. not to get political but a lot of people really want police reform and accountability. Floyd isn't ever going to breathe again so Marks comment could easily be taken the wrong way. It's a bit naive to think the judgment means as a collective, the issue is over.  Floyd isn't breathing again, and I'm sure people want more change. To think it's over now, would trigger some people. Mark just looks so oblivious to the situation, which doesn't surprise me.  Not even taking a stance, just explaining the side that may get offended by the tweet. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

38 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Mark meant well, but maybe not the best look. not to get political but a lot of people really want police reform and accountability. Floyd isn't ever going to breathe again so Marks comment could easily be taken the wrong way. It's a bit naive to think the judgment means as a collective, the issue is over.  Floyd isn't breathing again, and I'm sure people want more change. To think it's over now, would trigger some people. Mark just looks so oblivious to the situation, which doesn't surprise me.  Not even taking a stance, just explaining the side that may get offended by the tweet. 

It was in reference to George Floyd brother's comments and meant to support his family. In the end, people are blaming Mark Davis because they didn't know about the brother comments. How is it his fault they didn't know and felt compelled to form an opinion anyway?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

It was in reference to George Floyd brother's comments and meant to support his family. In the end, people are blaming Mark Davis because they didn't know about the brother comments. How is it his fault they didn't know and felt compelled to form an opinion anyway?

you know how society is, people want to get triggered by anything. 

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

That's why the NBA is so pro China. They need people watching that garbage.

They know China is a huge market and would sell their soul to get into it. 

Still disgusts me that when the Rockets GM said “Stand with Hong Kong”, LeBron and many NBA players put him on blast, and it was purely about $$$ (Chinese Market). Don’t know how some people get so easily fooled by athletes, media corporations, and politicians. 

• Like 2

I personally miss the NFL in the days before billionaires bought teams. The good 'ol boys network who owned for the love of the game. Now they operate like fortunate 500's, more concerned with the bottom line than the fans that support them half the time. 

Look no further than the "black tie hole" at the new stadium. Luxury boxes in the endzone is greedy to me. 

• Like 2