Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol your character is on full display here sir thanks. 2020 vision. 

I wasn’t even the individual who brought the topic up or the opinion up. Wasn’t the first poster to call out “woke”, yet you quote me and no one else. Cool. Was simply replying to an already-being-had discussion of people sharing the same negative opinion of “woke” including @Bitty 2.0 @Humble_Beast And @Jerry

And you question my character...? Anyone who buys into “woke” stuff, I would have to question their intelligence. It’s just a huge power grab, popularity grab by Celebrities, Politicians, Businesses, etc. People who buy into it are people who legit have no Critical Thinking skills and believe whatever they hear from Celebrities, Media, etc.  Think Harder. Think Smarter. It’s manipulation. 

@jimkelly02can also go a 5 page rant explaining how “woke” is absolute non-sense.  

I’ll excuse myself out of this conversation. 

Edited by BayRaider

I had to look up what Mark said I can see how it's taken out of context but he ment well. HOWEVER if the guy can't figure out his bowl cut I seriously doubt he can be expected to have social media savy. Hey Mark...You've got mail...AOL 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, G said:

I had to look up what Mark said I can see how it's taken out of context but he ment well. HOWEVER if the guy can't figure out his bowl cut I seriously doubt he can be expected to have social media savy. Hey Mark...You've got mail...AOL 

Mark probably still plugs his computer into a phone jack and thinks it’s necessary to go online. 

But, one of the kindest people on the planet, even if he isn’t very bright. The Media and Social Media exaggerating situations like this and making something out of nothing has become a real issue in todays society. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I wasn’t even the individual who brought the topic up or the opinion up. Wasn’t the first poster to call out “woke”, yet you quote me and no one else. Cool. Was simply replying to an already-being-had discussion of people sharing the same negative opinion of “woke” including @Bitty 2.0 @Humble_Beast And @Jerry

And you question my character...? Anyone who buys into “woke” stuff, I would have to question their intelligence. It’s just a huge power grab, popularity grab by Celebrities, Politicians, Businesses, etc. People who buy into it are people who legit have no Critical Thinking skills and believe whatever they hear from Celebrities, Media, etc.  Think Harder. Think Smarter. It’s manipulation. 

@jimkelly02can also go a 5 page rant explaining how “woke” is absolute non-sense.  

I’ll excuse myself out of this conversation. 

Your darn lucky it was only 5 pages!  I’d have made it 10 but You know some “Woke”... I’m sorry but that’s gotta be the most cringe, horrible word ever.... person would immediately tell on me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol your character is on full display here sir thanks. 2020 vision. 

Lmao....  suuuure.  

A comment straight out of the Saul Alinsky training manual.  Demonize the person who shares a different view point, but never try and present a better opposing view point....

On 4/18/2021 at 12:41 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I didn't think they were going to be all pro players, but I thought Lee would be a solid thumper 2 down LB. Think we drafted him when he was 21/20. I did think we landed a steal in James, thought he was going to be a playmaking WLB. He seemed fast and flashed a little. Basically what Littleton is 

I feel you... there definitely was some excitement around them.  I believed Lee could be a solid starting SAM up until he was cut.  

13 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Agree with you, Mark Davis has definitely been more on the progressive side and I do believe he meant well with this tweet.

It would have been better to release a statement so there would have been no misinterpretation, but it is what it is. 

Mark can be summed up as “not the smartest boy, but he has a good heart”.

social media is such a dumpster fire... I’m so glad I was away in prison when it got big and never really had any interest in it.  

What’s the point of releasing a message about a controversial issue.! You alienate half of the people and the half you stand with don’t give you any props.  It’s like gambling with someone who you know ain’t gonna pay up if you win.

• Like 1

The thing that's wrong with the statement is it was the slogan used by counter protestors during the aftermath of Eric Garner's death (who famously said "I can't breathe"). It's the word for word the slogan used in that situation, and just a paraphrasing of the brother of George Floyd. Those who have been involved and following the story immediately recall the "I can breathe" T-Shirts and what they stood for, so to those who immediately reference to that -- the tweet seems tone deaf. It's not an end of the world situation, it's just an odd take that seems out of place. Mark Davis is a good person, and did the right thing taking claim of the tweet and releasing a statement of intent. By reinforcing the context and intent the message becomes more clear, that doesn't mean the LeBron takes of the initial reactions were wrong or whatever though. The issue is real and our team has followed some players lead and has become more vocal about an important issue. The conversation will happen, but usually in short slogans like that Tweet as they in general are fairly safe. I'm happy he took time to explain the context, and if using the team as a platform is the issue, just scroll and enjoy football because it's going to happen -- the beer or soda you drink, the shoes you wear, the computer or phone company you post with, and everything else probably make statements welcome to a world with marketing. In these unprecedented times... here's our brand.

if anyone believes Mark Davis actually tweeted that himself your crazy!  

in order for that to be true he’d have to .....

1) finally upgraded from his Nokia 3600 to an iPhone in order to finally have a cell phone with internet.

2) have access to the social media pages

3) remembered the password 

Mark’s a good guy though... he means well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Get woke, go broke. Look at NBA and their horrendous rating disaster. 

I’ll never watch another NBA game.... I’m a laker fan That’s temporarily abandoned the team until Lebron leaves.... I can’t stomach that guy.