Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

How's everyone feeling about the new jersey numbering? Any players you wanta see in a new number? Any you don't? 

I'd like to see Jacobs in 8.

Would love to see Jacobs in 8 again. Looked real good on him in college. 

Mullen I’m not really feelin at 1, but if he thinks it’ll make him play better, have at it....

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Social media is the worst thing to ever happen to the world 

You might just be right here. Man, I'm so glad I grew up in the 80s and 90s and not today, I can be joyfully ignorant of social media for the most part 😀😀

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

if anyone believes Mark Davis actually tweeted that himself your crazy!  

in order for that to be true he’d have to .....

1) finally upgraded from his Nokia 3600 to an iPhone in order to finally have a cell phone with internet.

2) have access to the social media pages

3) remembered the password 

Mark’s a good guy though... he means well.

All rich people use analog phones, Can't be hacked

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I personally miss the NFL in the days before billionaires bought teams. The good 'ol boys network who owned for the love of the game. Now they operate like fortunate 500's, more concerned with the bottom line than the fans that support them half the time. 

Look no further than the "black tie hole" at the new stadium. Luxury boxes in the endzone is greedy to me. 

We've been such a laughing stock of a team for so long I don't even care.  I know it sucks for the average fan but I'm so tired of seeing our team as the cheapest/poorest/saddest team on the list season after season.  Besides, I love going to games, but I've been sitting at home watching them for 20 years.  I'll be alright.  I am going to move to LV and buy season freaking tickets when I retire from the military though.  That's a fact.  Lol.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

We've been such a laughing stock of a team for so long I don't even care.  I know it sucks for the average fan but I'm so tired of seeing our team as the cheapest/poorest/saddest team on the list season after season.  Besides, I love going to games, but I've been sitting at home watching them for 20 years.  I'll be alright.  I am going to move to LV and buy season freaking tickets when I retire from the military though.  That's a fact.  Lol.

Thought about doing the same myself. Comparatively speaking, Vegas can be cheap too (operating word being "can"). 

I'll forever be bummed that I missed the last Oakland home game though. Had tickets too. I know many people had issues with Oakland and the Coliseum in particular, but boy was that a tough pill to swallow.

I can't wait to see a game in the new digs, but I know somewhere deep down I'll have to temper my expectations. That said, it definitely felt good getting texts from friends who are fans of some of the most successful franchises (Packers, Saints, Seahawks mostly) about how sick the new stadium looks. They kept calling it the Death Star, and I was quite proud of that lol

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Thought about doing the same myself. Comparatively speaking, Vegas can be cheap too (operating word being "can"). 

I'll forever be bummed that I missed the last Oakland home game though. Had tickets too. I know many people had issues with Oakland and the Coliseum in particular, but boy was that a tough pill to swallow.

I can't wait to see a game in the new digs, but I know somewhere deep down I'll have to temper my expectations. That said, it definitely felt good getting texts from friends who are fans of some of the most successful franchises (Packers, Saints, Seahawks mostly) about how sick the new stadium looks. They kept calling it the Death Star, and I was quite proud of that lol

Yeah I'm stationed in San Diego.  LV is cheaper lol.  I'm moving to Vegas.  Family is in Sacramento, CA too so it works for me.

Yeah no more talking trash about our stadium.  That's for sure.  I don't care if it looks like a rhoomba lol.

I read an interesting article on TheAthletic about building around rookie QBs for the Jets and Jaguars.  Kind of compared their situations.  Brought in the Bills as an example of how to successfully build around QBs.  Mentioned KC and Mahomes as well.  But I was really intrigued by what they said about the Bills. 

The article talked about how bringing in mid tier FAs instead of signing big name FAs like the Jets did is why the Bills have had more success.  Instead of signing 1-2 big name players, the Bills filled a bunch of positions with players on reasonably priced contracts via FA.  Kind of like how we've done this offseason with the DL.  I know it isn't the flashy, exciting offseason we wanted, but I do think our DL will be much improved this upcoming season.  We may not be a top 10 DL, but I think we'll be closer to the middle of the pack.  

I think signings like J. Brown, the DL (other than Ngakoue because he was a big name with a big contract), and the recent CB signing, are all the little moves that tip the scale in a positive direction.  I think having a reasonably priced OL is going to help as well, at least in terms of our ability to be able to distribute the cap more evenly between the offense and defense.  

I'll continue to be optimistic.

43 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I'm stationed in San Diego.  LV is cheaper lol.  I'm moving to Vegas.  Family is in Sacramento, CA too so it works for me.

Yeah no more talking trash about our stadium.  That's for sure.  I don't care if it looks like a rhoomba lol.

The only thing I don't like is the Al Davis torch. I like the idea behind it, but man it looks like an eyesore. Wondering how it looks in person. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The only thing I don't like is the Al Davis torch. I like the idea behind it, but man it looks like an eyesore. Wondering how it looks in person. 

Yeah it's kind of ugly.  I thought fire would shoot out.  Didn't realize it would just be a bunch of orange/red lines just wrapped around a giant cone.

31 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah it's kind of ugly.  I thought fire would shoot out.  Didn't realize it would just be a bunch of orange/red lines just wrapped around a giant cone.

The fact it's digital make it that much worse. Plus it obstructs and otherwise great view of the strip.

Like you, I thought it would be real flame you could see from the strip on game days. Instead... the strip view just gets the back of a giant cone. It really was a poor design and execution from what I've seen in pictures. 

• Like 1

Hearing it was a fake flame definitely killed the allure of that torch. I'd rather it be outside somewhere and a real flame or something rather than it be inside + be fake.

Beggars can't be choosers though. LV dome + fake flame >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything Oakland ever had us play in.

• Like 1