Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

From Peter King 

Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

• I won’t be surprised if the Raiders move defensive end Carl Nassib.

Edited by agarcia34

Just turned 32 coming off a year where he only played in 9 games. Think Gruden would push really hard for a player like Jones. Even at the age of 32 Jones is still a top 10 WR which will attract Gruden. The potential on offense would be extremely hard to not get excited about. Jones, Ruggs, Waller and Brown. Julio would offer Ruggs to be covered one on one and open up the middle of the field for a player like Waller. Allow Jacobs to see less guys in the box. A lot of positives if this were to happen.

Money would be the only negative and having to restructure contracts to make it happen

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Just turned 32 coming off a year where he only played in 9 games. Think Gruden would push really hard for a player like Jones. Even at the age of 32 Jones is still a top 10 WR which will attract Gruden. The potential on offense would be extremely hard to not get excited about. Jones, Ruggs, Waller and Brown. Julio would offer Ruggs to be covered one on one and open up the middle of the field for a player like Waller. Allow Jacobs to see less guys in the box. A lot of positives if this were to happen.

Money would be the only negative and having to restructure contracts to make it happen

Jones is definitely elite, just wonder what it'd take to land him and how we'd make it work with our current cap situation. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jones is definitely elite, just wonder what it'd take to land him and how we'd make it work with our current cap situation. 

Since a trade wont be able to be official until June 1st due to cap reasons for the Falcons any draft picks would be for 2022 and I cant imagine it would be much. Players age and cap number would cause the draft pick to not be so high