Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, the offensive line scares me more than anything about next years team. 

If we have 2 injuries we are toast.  If Leatherwood goes down and they try to move Parker there I am not going to be happy unless he has some amazing turnaround.  Year 4 if he has been putting in a ton of reps it could happen.  Most concerning for me is the interior d-line.  If Hankins goes down we are looking at giving up 200 yards a game on the ground.  That will put a lot of pressure on the offense to put up points early to force the opponents away from running the ball.  Maybe Gruden will be forced to realize that sometimes you can not settle for FGs.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

https://www.hudl.com/blog/blitz21-philosophies-of-what-makes-an-offense-go-jon-gruden-las-vegas-raiders

Check out this gruden presentation. Really talked up Foster. I'm with him.

Great link thanks! Really enjoyed watching that.

I do have to say that even though I don't rate Gruden as a GM or personnel guy and think he's got so e obvious flaws I do think he's a very good coach. His charisma and enthusiasm does come across as does his love of old school principals. After watching that I wanted to put on some pads and smash into someone up the sideline 😁😁

We need a strong Yin to his Yang though and hopefully Mayock can be that, it remains to be seen obviously but personality wise they seem like a good match with Mayock the more studious, calmer type but we need to have clarity on accountability. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Now... I'm not super business savvy.  Does this put more cash in Mark's pocket?  It's been talked about they say he's cash poor.  I'm thinking bonuses and all that with free agency.  

12 minutes ago, Totty said:

Now... I'm not super business savvy.  Does this put more cash in Mark's pocket?  It's been talked about they say he's cash poor.  I'm thinking bonuses and all that with free agency.  

People rag on Davis but this move was an absolute home run. I was livid when the league awarded the Rams + Chargers to LA, when the Raiders made way too much damn sense. However the Vegas move was probably the best thing that could have happened. We're going to become an entertainment giant, and Mark is going to quickly make some serious bank.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

People rag on Davis but this move was an absolute home run. I was livid when the league awarded the Rams + Chargers to LA, when the Raiders made way too much damn sense. However the Vegas move was probably the best thing that could have happened. We're going to become an entertainment giant, and Mark is going to quickly make some serious bank.

From a business perspective it was a massively positive decision for the franchise especially getting so much of the cost paid for, whoever negotiated that earned billions for the franchise long term. For everything that Mark is criticised for he showed some serious business acumen with the move to Vegas.

Las Vegas Raiders doesn't really sit right with me but cannot fault the decision from the FO perspective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

100%. I didn’t want them in Oakland or Los Angeles. Oakland did not respect them in any way. Los Angeles they’ve been there, done that, and already left once. I also wanted them to stay on the West Coast. Honestly not sure I could of rooted for the “San Antonio Raiders”. Vegas, Portland, SLC all made sense, but Vegas definitely made the most sense by farrrr and I was hoping for Vegas the whole time. Boise, ID would of also been cool, but not sure that market is big enough for an NFL Team. 

Smart business move to get out of California to Vegas. No brainer once the Raiders got screwed out of the LA market. Raiders just another example of the California exit. too much politics, cost of living too much. This state needs better leadership 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Smart business move to get out of California to Vegas. No brainer once the Raiders got screwed out of the LA market. Raiders just another example of the California exit. too much politics, cost of living too much. This state needs better leadership 

100%. Cost of living is just absolutely ridiculous. Plus it’s probably the most politically corrupt state, they try to bleed both businesses and citizen's dry, and where does the money go….? Just seems to vanish. Oh thats right… in politicians pockets. I probably won’t be leaving California for a while due to job reasons, but definitely not retiring here. Idaho, Utah, Texas all have much better cost of living with great job markets. 

Also the air pollution in California is horrendous. Worst air polluted state in the country and it’s not close. And it’s like the third worst in the world behind China and India. Only places that rated “clear” if I remember correctly were Monterey Bay and Anaheim. Bakersfield definitely the worst, you can never see the sky, literally always gray 100% of the time. 

• Like 1

Will be in Vegas soon. Won't be spending all my time there cause also hitting Colorado Springs and parts of Florida. Basically was going to buy in Vegas but way overheated market so I'll wait and see. Many parts of Florida are still priced well enough to buy now and wait til I retire. Or if Cali locks down again then the middle finger and go to wherever I buy. Really interested if Newsom gets recalled because that sends a message to how the state is run if the 'golden boy' is taken out. He stays and I expect a massive push for control and I'm not about that at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

Will be in Vegas soon. Won't be spending all my time there cause also hitting Colorado Springs and parts of Florida. Basically was going to buy in Vegas but way overheated market so I'll wait and see. Many parts of Florida are still priced well enough to buy now and wait til I retire. Or if Cali locks down again then the middle finger and go to wherever I buy. Really interested if Newsom gets recalled because that sends a message to how the state is run if the 'golden boy' is taken out. He stays and I expect a massive push for control and I'm not about that at all. 

100%. He’s not the main reason, but he basically represents the reason why so many have left, the way the state has been ran for a long while. Mass Exodus out of Cali during covid because of him and overall politics was pretty insane. Not to mention top figures such as Elon Musk, Joe Rogan, several others, and several businesses.