Jump to content

Random Raider Stuff


Recommended Posts

On 5/7/2021 at 12:02 PM, Darbsk said:

Las Vegas Raiders doesn't really sit right with me but cannot fault the decision from the FO perspective.

 

I still (and will continue) to simply consider them an attraction for Vegas like the Harlem Globetrotters.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think after his love affair with Gruden ends when Gruden decides to leave he will sell the team. Couple more years down the road the price for the Raiders is only gonna go up no matter what happens on the field. He wanted Gruden for so long. Will the want and desire to own a team still be there when Gruden leaves. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Smart business move to get out of California to Vegas. No brainer once the Raiders got screwed out of the LA market. Raiders just another example of the California exit. too much politics, cost of living too much. This state needs better leadership 

Plus the new millionaire tax they're putting on people.

An athlete might make  millions for a few years only. They are not like upper class business people that will be making millions for the rest of their lives.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Plus the new millionaire tax they're putting on people.

An athlete might make  millions for a few years only. They are not like upper class business people that will be making millions for the rest of their lives.

There’s a wealth tax in Cali now? A wealth tax will never, ever work for the reason you just stated. Someone could make millions for just a few years, and then be taxed for being a millionaire, bleeding him dry, until his money is gone. 
 

Wealth tax has been tried and tested in so many countries, it simply does not work. It’s an absolutely horrendous concept. And just downright lazy. The government can think of better ways to make money than freeloading.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 12:58 AM, agarcia34 said:

Think after his love affair with Gruden ends when Gruden decides to leave he will sell the team. Couple more years down the road the price for the Raiders is only gonna go up no matter what happens on the field. He wanted Gruden for so long. Will the want and desire to own a team still be there when Gruden leaves. 

 

Lol the moved to Vegas was brilliant Mark doesn't get enough credit for that he will not give up this future cash cow.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Looks like Richard has been released, someone pointed out he deleted everything Raiders on his social media accounts. Probably be announced soon. 

I found it interesting that the Raiders posted about the UDFA's on our roster and omitted Jalen. Writing was on the wall with the Drake singing imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

cutting Richard made sense once Drake was signed. Riddick as an emergency pass catching back should be sufficient, and he's cheaper than Jalen.

still, much love to Richard for his time here. i was hoping his "pocket rocket" nickname stuck.

though i wonder if Heath had to be cut... i think cap savings from cutting Richard would have been sufficient to sign Hayward

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

cutting Richard made sense once Drake was signed. Riddick as an emergency pass catching back should be sufficient, and he's cheaper than Jalen.

still, much love to Richard for his time here. i was hoping his "pocket rocket" nickname stuck.

though i wonder if Heath had to be cut... i think cap savings from cutting Richard would have been sufficient to sign Hayward

I always liked Rocket Richard..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...