Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Washington released RT Morgan Moses man I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we signed him somehow. 

Always been a Moses fan. If we drafted AVT, signed Moses, Richie 100%, that’s a Top 5 OL again. 

I think for now you have to give Leatherwood at least a shot though. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Always been a Moses fan. If we drafted AVT, signed Moses, Richie 100%, that’s a Top 5 OL again. 

I think for now you have to give Leatherwood at least a shot though. 

Wish we would've drafted Phillips in the 1st and Spencer Brown in the 3rd. Signed Moses. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Also needs to work on catching bullet passes better in the 10 yard range. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/henry-ruggs-raiders-mayock-improvements-2021

At Alabama, Ruggs won in a variety of ways. Yes, he could beat you deep, but he was also a threat in the short-to-intermediate areas of the field. He has elite quickness and separation skills and is dynamic as a runner after the catch. Alabama consistently used Ruggs on quick-hitting receiver screens, slants, and in-breaking routes. He displayed fantastic ball skills, and even though he isn’t the biggest receiver, he showed a great ability to climb the ladder and high point the ball in 50/50 situations. Ruggs may not have been the No. 1 receiver on most evaluators' boards, but he was certainly in that conversation.

I believe Ruggs' poor rookie season was due to a mix of factors, and luckily for the Raiders, most of them can be fixed. First and foremost, Ruggs dealt with lingering lower-body injuries which clearly bothered him all season. He missed three games throughout the course of the year and based on tape study, it appeared he never had that same burst and explosion he showed while at Alabama. Assuming Ruggs regains that explosion once he returns healthy next season, I expect him to be able to separate and beat defenders at a higher rate.