Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He has the best speed/leaping combo Carr has ever played with. Better than Cooper or Adams though is questionable.

Its the usual BS you here from the Raiders in the offseason.  Not saying Ruggs will not be good but we hype up so many players during the offseason.

On 6/3/2021 at 4:13 PM, drfrey13 said:

Its the usual BS you here from the Raiders in the offseason.  Not saying Ruggs will not be good but we hype up so many players during the offseason.

Ruggs is super talented though from a physical stand point. 

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ruggs is super talented though from a physical stand point. 

He is but to say a 2nd year WR who was not the best WR or even the most productive on his team is better than Pro Bowlers is a bit of a reach.  You could say he has the most raw talent but to say the best period is a joke.  Same way they were hyping Bryan Edwards last year.  We saw what that produced.  If Carr had a game tomorrow and had to pick 3 out of Ruggs, Agholor, Waller, Cooper, and Crabtree Ruggs might end up being 5th.  Since Gruden got here all I hear is noise with little production.  It has been the players we hear very little about that have been good.  I think Waller is the only player that has lived up to the off-season hype.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

He is but to say a 2nd year WR who was not the best WR or even the most productive on his team is better than Pro Bowlers is a bit of a reach.  You could say he has the most raw talent but to say the best period is a joke.  Same way they were hyping Bryan Edwards last year.  We saw what that produced.  If Carr had a game tomorrow and had to pick 3 out of Ruggs, Agholor, Waller, Cooper, and Crabtree Ruggs might end up being 5th.  Since Gruden got here all I hear is noise with little production.  It has been the players we hear very little about that have been good.  I think Waller is the only player that has lived up to the off-season hype.

Edwards got hurt in week 2 and was never really healthy after that.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Edwards got hurt in week 2 and was never really healthy after that.

HIs best games were week 2, 3, and 16.  He had 11 catches and played a quarter of the offensive snaps.  Now I understand he was a rookie and my issue is not how he performed.  My issue is how he was hyped in the off-season like he was going to do what Justin Jefferson did.  I am just sick of the BS and hyperbolic statements.  They need to stop stroking peoples ego's and start holding people accountable.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

HIs best games were week 2, 3, and 16.  He had 11 catches and played a quarter of the offensive snaps.  Now I understand he was a rookie and my issue is not how he performed.  My issue is how he was hyped in the off-season like he was going to do what Justin Jefferson did.  I am just sick of the BS and hyperbolic statements.  They need to stop stroking peoples ego's and start holding people accountable.

So his best games were early in the season before he got hurt and then late in the season when he was healthy. And Justin Jefferson literally had the greatest rookie season for a WR in NFL history. In the last 20 years there have only been 13 rookie WR's to put up 1,000+ yards. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So his best games were early in the season before he got hurt and then late in the season when he was healthy. And Justin Jefferson literally had the greatest rookie season for a WR in NFL history. In the last 20 years there have only been 13 rookie WR's to put up 1,000+ yards. 

I am not saying we should have known about Jefferson but from the way they talked about him in the off-season a breakout rookie season is what you would expect.

You said Bryan was hurt week 2 and never really the same after.  If you take his production in his first 2 games to make a 16 game season Hunter Renfrow's rookie year would still have made Edwards look bad.  Statistically of course.

Edited by drfrey13

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I am not saying we should have known about Jefferson but from the way they talked about him in the off-season a breakout rookie season is what you would expect.

You said Bryan was hurt week 2 and never really the same after.  If you take his production in his first 2 games to make a 16 game season Hunter Renfrow's rookie year would still have made Edwards look bad.  Statistically of course.

Jefferson also went to a team where he was targeted a ton because IIRC Thielen was hurt for a good portion of the year. 

Edwards was a third round pick who was banged up throughout the season and was only targeted 15 times. We've seen other receivers with similar skillsets as Edwards like Golloday and Jeffery have meh rookie seasons and then become 1,000+ yard guys in year 2. Carr has also always been a guy who targets WR's that he trusts and we didn't really have any off-season time last year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jefferson also went to a team where he was targeted a ton because IIRC Thielen was hurt for a good portion of the year. 

Edwards was a third round pick who was banged up throughout the season and was only targeted 15 times. We've seen other receivers with similar skillsets as Edwards like Golloday and Jeffery have meh rookie seasons and then become 1,000+ yard guys in year 2. Carr has also always been a guy who targets WR's that he trusts and we didn't really have any off-season time last year.

Carr's trust issues and Cooper's personality is why it did not work between the 2.  Edwards has potential but we have been talking about potential for almost 2 decades now with the exception of 2016 which had a lot to do with all the pieces falling together perfectly.  Justin Jefferson had some good circumstances but Theilen still received 108 targets, almost 1,000 yards, and 14 TDs.  He still made the best of those circumstances.  It was only 1 year so I will not say Edwards sucks and I think he could end up being a good WR but I do not care what the coaches or teammates say.  It is all BS with this organization in the offseason.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Carr's trust issues and Cooper's personality is why it did not work between the 2.  Edwards has potential but we have been talking about potential for almost 2 decades now with the exception of 2016 which had a lot to do with all the pieces falling together perfectly.  Justin Jefferson had some good circumstances but Theilen still received 108 targets, almost 1,000 yards, and 14 TDs.  He still made the best of those circumstances.  It was only 1 year so I will not say Edwards sucks and I think he could end up being a good WR but I do not care what the coaches or teammates say.  It is all BS with this organization in the offseason.

Carr also wasn't a super prolific passer while Cooper was here he never threw for 4,000+ yards. Edwards was a third round pick and a rookie during the covid season, did you expect him to put up Calvin Johnson type of numbers as a rookie? And the Vikings passing game was entirely dependent on Thielen and Jefferson, they accounted for more than half of their receiving yards and their #3 WR only had 200 yards. And even with Jefferson's amazing rookie season the Vikings won less games than we did last year. 

And even when you look at Jefferson's production last season @drfrey13 it's a little skewed. 

937 of his 1,400 yards came in 7 games against Chicago x2 (12th passing defense), Atlanta (32nd passing defense), Tennessee (29th passing defense), Jacksonville (27th passing defense), Detroit (30th passing defense), and Houston (24th passing defense). In those 7 games he averaged 134 ypg and in the other 9 games he averaged 51 ypg. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr also wasn't a super prolific passer while Cooper was here he never threw for 4,000+ yards. Edwards was a third round pick and a rookie during the covid season, did you expect him to put up Calvin Johnson type of numbers as a rookie? And the Vikings passing game was entirely dependent on Thielen and Jefferson, they accounted for more than half of their receiving yards and their #3 WR only had 200 yards. And even with Jefferson's amazing rookie season the Vikings won less games than we did last year. 

I expected nothing out of Edwards.  Once again my issue is not with Edwards and what he did.  It is with all the hype that comes from this team about the players who almost never produce.  This conversation started from David Carr saying Ruggs is the best WR Derek has ever practiced with which is BS.