Random Raider Stuff

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

no chance he gets cut right now after his last restructure. we'd pay more to cut him than to keep him right now

I was hoping next year we cut him

now I’m curious about all those healthy scratch games 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Whoa Carl Nassib came out as gay. Posted on his IG. Good for him for finding peace and coming out 

Im glad he felt comfortable enough to come out as gay.... wish him the best in life..... honestly though this isn’t a surprise..... you can kinda see it in him now that it’s known.

But yeah idc if he’s gay or straight.. has a midget fetish, etc... I want him to produce somewhat close to they borderline the way ridiculous contract we gave him.  

I think he’ll make the team only cuz of the 5M+ cap hit to cut him.  But I don’t really see a real role for him on this team.  I’d set the over/under on his season snap count at 300.  He’s probably going to be inactive for some games.  

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was hoping he failed his physical as soon as the contract details were announced.

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He played in 14/16 games and in like 45% of our snaps. 

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

healthy scratch games were because he was not productive.

we probably do cut him next year, but will eat some dead cap

14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Im glad he felt comfortable enough to come out as gay.... wish him the best in life..... honestly though this isn’t a surprise..... you can kinda see it in him now that it’s known.

But yeah idc if he’s gay or straight.. has a midget fetish, etc... I want him to produce somewhat close to they borderline the way ridiculous contract we gave him.  

I think he’ll make the team only cuz of the 5M+ cap hit to cut him.  But I don’t really see a real role for him on this team.  I’d set the over/under on his season snap count at 300.  He’s probably going to be inactive for some games.  

Exactly imo be great first….then hop on a soapbox and speak your mind it will make your message more powerful. Nobody cares what a semi scrub has to say. Plus now we have a new distraction. 

• Like 1

With the Raiders franchise history of being firsts in several social things, and Al's legacy of helping to break down barriers, I'm happy to stick another feather in the cap and say "It was a Raider who came out first". 

Other than that, it's 2021. This really shouldn't be news. Hopefully we have a hand in setting yet another example for the league this upcoming season. I think the fact he was comfortable enough to put it out there speaks volumes about the lockeroom culture of this team. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Plus now we have a new distraction. 

This was my first thought as there have been many who didn't say anything until after their careers ended. I get it, it's June (Pride month) so prefer it now than once the games are being played. So lots of questions for his teammates about it blah, blah blah but I doubt he'd be on the team if they hadn't reworked his contract. Might have gotten him more reps because if he's benched/not dressed it will become all the media talks about.

What I hope is that this inspires him to have his best season and so we don't have to cut him next year. 6-8 sacks would be great DE by committee like RB LOL

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

With the Raiders franchise history of being firsts in several social things, and Al's legacy of helping to break down barriers, I'm happy to stick another feather in the cap and say "It was a Raider who came out first". 

Other than that, it's 2021. This really shouldn't be news. Hopefully we have a hand in setting yet another example for the league this upcoming season. I think the fact he was comfortable enough to put it out there speaks volumes about the lockeroom culture of this team. 

How does that work actually? Honest question. I’ve never had a gay teammate or coached one. I’ve coached a few girls on my football teams and they obviously had to use the girls locker room or girls bathroom.

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

How does that work actually? Honest question. I’ve never had a gay teammate or coached one. I’ve coached a few girls on my football teams and they obviously had to use the girls locker room or girls bathroom.

I'm not understanding the question. What "that" are you asking about? (Don't want the mods locking it up by going too far off the topic of football)

41 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm not understanding the question. What "that" are you asking about? (Don't want the mods locking it up by going too far off the topic of football)

I wonder if they’ll have to do some “workplace accommodations” to make sure everyone is comfortable. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Good post, just how I see it, shouldn’t be a big deal in this day and age. 

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wonder if they’ll have to do some “workplace accommodations” to make sure everyone is comfortable. 

Seriously?