Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wonder if they’ll have to do some “workplace accommodations” to make sure everyone is comfortable. 

My guess is that enough people knew or already had an impression that when the team meets again, they'll give Nassib props for coming out, Gruden will go over the day's exercises, everyone will go to the lockeroom, clean up, and go home without it being mentioned again unless asked by a reporter. 

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

My guess is that enough people knew or already had an impression that when the team meets again, they'll give Nassib props for coming out, Gruden will go over the day's exercises, everyone will go to the lockeroom, clean up, and go home without it being mentioned again unless asked by a reporter. 

Interesting 

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah .... the guys who have been here last year knew or had some very quiet idea that he was gay.  No girlfriend .... probably was pretty silent when the other guys were engaging in “guy talk” about fat askses and etc.  wasn’t bring girls back to the hotel room on away games.    He even has so effeminateness.

I know all the ex players turned commentators got on to and said how great it is and how proud they are of him.... but some of that is because your careers over in today’s Culture if you say otherwise.  I really do wonder if they’re will be one or two dudes who bust his balls or kinda bully.

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah .... the guys who have been here last year knew or had some very quiet idea that he was gay.  No girlfriend .... probably was pretty silent when the other guys were engaging in “guy talk” about fat askses and etc.  wasn’t bring girls back to the hotel room on away games.    He even has so effeminateness.

I know all the ex players turned commentators got on to and said how great it is and how proud they are of him.... but some of that is because your careers over in today’s Culture if you say otherwise.  I really do wonder if they’re will be one or two dudes who bust his balls or kinda bully.

It's what makes football weird. 

I have no doubt some will say things behind his back, which I highly doubt he cares about enough to hurt his feelings as he's probably dealt with it in one way, shape, or form for a long time. 

Then again, he's also not a small guy, and Crosby has already come out having Nassib's back. Other teams' players might talk trash, but again, I bet he doesn't care since trash talk is always around anyway. 

I really doubt anyone on the Raiders ribs him about it though.

For one, again, he's got vocal supporters already in Stills and Crosby, who has become something of a leader on the defense.

Second, I would be surprised if Nassib was the only non-heterosexual person on the team, particularly when there's 90 guys rostered right now. Maybe he is, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was another player or at least someone with a close friend or family member in the same boat.

Third, ironically, having Incognito on the team probably helps. I personally don't think he's homophobic, but nobody can deny that he has definitely been on the wrong end of those types of exchanges before. I'd bet that, at the very least, he would pull guys aside and get in their ear about how they could find themselves in quite a predicament by pulling shenanigans. 

Lastly, I genuinely don't think Mark would tolerate it. He's one of the more socially conscious owners in the league and tends to be quick in showing support for a variety of causes. If he caught wind of players giving Nassib grief, I think it would take being one of the absolute stars on the team for him to not see them gone before the Raiders brand gets tarnished. Whether for personal reasons or good business in a city like Las Vegas, I just can't see him putting up with it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I have no doubt some will say things behind his back, which I highly doubt he cares about enough to hurt his feelings as he's probably dealt with it in one way, shape, or form for a long time. 

Then again, he's also not a small guy, and Crosby has already come out having Nassib's back. Other teams' players might talk trash, but again, I bet he doesn't care since trash talk is always around anyway. 

For one, again, he's got vocal supporters already in Stills and Crosby, who has become something of a leader on the defense.

Second, I would be surprised if Nassib was the only non-heterosexual person on the team, particularly when there's 90 guys rostered right now. Maybe he is, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was another player or at least someone with a close friend or family member in the same boat.

Third, ironically, having Incognito on the team probably helps. I personally don't think he's homophobic, but nobody can deny that he has definitely been on the wrong end of those types of exchanges before. I'd bet that, at the very least, he would pull guys aside and get in their ear about how they could find themselves in quite a predicament by pulling shenanigans. 

Lastly, I genuinely don't think Mark would tolerate it. He's one of the more socially conscious owners in the league and tends to be quick in showing support for a variety of causes. If he caught wind of players giving Nassib grief, I think it would take being one of the absolute stars on the team for him to not see them gone before the Raiders brand gets tarnished. Whether for personal reasons or good business in a city like Las Vegas, I just can't see him putting up with it. 

Can’t sacrifice everyone’s comfort for 1 player. I just wish he was a baller cause then no one would care. But when you semi suck and you’re causing distractions that’s not good. 

interesting to see how Carr responds. I remember him supporting waller at his banquets for his foundations. Let’s see if carr supports Carl like that. 

51 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We all know Pj Hall was on the “downlow” after his male side piece called him out and posted pictures of him sticking his naked *** up in the mirror.  Kwame Harris is gay too and stabbed or was stabbed by his bf In SF while out to lunch.

yeah While So people might say “oh incognitos gonna definitely bully him” but I agree with you it’s probably the total opposite.  Ritchie has definitely learned and changed.  Personally I think he’s definitely pull the guy to the side and hit him with “yeah I f’ing know but you ain’t gonna be doing that ish or else”.

Let’s not forget... Nassib is in a “protected class of people”.  I hate to use the word homophobic because I think it asserts that anyone who isn’t pro gay is wrong and bigoted....and you should have the right to believe the act is a sin albeit “love the sinner not the sin”....  but really who wants to be “the one” who gets called out for bullying the First real football players whose gay.  That’s career suicide.  I think the worst that happens is some players with draw from him personally and make small snide comments.  

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Can’t sacrifice everyone’s comfort for 1 player. I just wish he was a baller cause then no one would care. But when you semi suck and you’re causing distractions that’s not good. 

interesting to see how Carr responds. I remember him supporting waller at his banquets for his foundations. Let’s see if carr supports Carl like that. 

100% correct.

Secure people don't get insecure regarding who someone else chooses to bump uglies with at home. No time for the distraction of anyone being that insecure with themself. You're paid to play football, not worry about who a teammate fancies.

Given that Carl has been well traveled in the league and has absolutely zero history of coming onto another player in a sexual manner, any issue with him moving forward (on-field play notwithstanding) is clearly an issue with the other party. If someone is uncomfortable, they can quit getting paid the big bucks or go play for someone else with their false sense of security that there are no other gay men in the league. 

And Carr already sent his support out in a very direct way. Same as the team's owner, president, head coach, and other teammates. 

• Like 1