Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Can’t sacrifice everyone’s comfort for 1 player. I just wish he was a baller cause then no one would care. But when you semi suck and you’re causing distractions that’s not good. 

interesting to see how Carr responds. I remember him supporting waller at his banquets for his foundations. Let’s see if carr supports Carl like that. 

Well there kinda is a different between beating the disease that is addiction and being openly gay.  So if Carr isn’t making donations to or found raising for LGBT foundations he isn’t supportive (enough).

At the end of the Day this is all about a player who prolly won’t play much but definitely makes the team because of his horrible contract and need to restructure it.

I think this becomes an afterthought once the season begins and Nassib finds a spot on the bench. 

12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

100% correct.

Secure people don't get insecure regarding who someone else chooses to bump uglies with at home. No time for the distraction of anyone being that insecure with themself. You're paid to play football, not worry about who a teammate fancies.

Given that Carl has been well traveled in the league and has absolutely zero history of coming onto another player in a sexual manner, any issue with him moving forward (on-field play notwithstanding) is clearly an issue with the other party. If someone is uncomfortable, they can quit getting paid the big bucks or go play for someone else with their false sense of security that there are no other gay men in the league. 

And Carr already sent his support out in a very direct way. Same as the team's owner, president, head coach, and other teammates. 

Exactly why I kinda don’t understand the big deal why did he feel the need to tell the world what type of person he is at home. Why was that so important to the nfl and the raiders? Is this gonna make him play better? 

plus are you willing to sacrifice some ballers who may not be comfortable for 1 semi scrub?

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Well there kinda is a different between beating the disease that is addiction and being openly gay.  So if Carr isn’t making donations to or found raising for LGBT foundations he isn’t supportive (enough).

Very true I apologize for that there is a difference. 

36 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly why I kinda don’t understand the big deal why did he feel the need to tell the world what type of person he is at home. Why was that so important to the nfl and the raiders? Is this gonna make him play better? 

plus are you willing to sacrifice some ballers who may not be comfortable for 1 semi scrub?

This is really not gonna be a good look for the Raiders when they ask him next year to take a pay cut or get cut.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Idk man. Your insecurity is shining bright though. 

Pretty pathetic really. Just admit your homophobia and stop beating around the bush. Guess that's what separates men like Nassib from little impotent tools like yourself. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Pretty pathetic really. Just admit your homophobia and stop beating around the bush. Guess that's what separates men like Nassib from little impotent tools like yourself. 

I didn’t get a homophobia vibe from his posts(then again, didn’t read them all). Just sounds like he’s saying no one cares if someone announces they are gay or not. 

For me, for example, all I care about is how good they are at football. If all 53 guys are gay and great, awesome. If all 53 guys are straight and great, awesome. If they straight and suck, I want them gone. If they are gay and suck, I want them gone (Carl). 

We are in a day and age, literally no one cares what you do in your personal time or what your sexual orientation is. Just play good football. We are football fans. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Lol lol wow going for a cheap shot must’ve hit a weak spot for you to start calling me names. You can come out the closet too dude.

Me I’m just concerned about the team and the  ripple effect. Not if someone is impotent or not. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I didn’t get a homophobia vibe from his posts(then again, didn’t read them all). Just sounds like he’s saying no one cares if someone announces they are gay or not. 

For me, for example, all I care about is how good they are at football. If all 53 guys are gay and great, awesome. If all 53 guys are straight and great, awesome. If they straight and suck, I want them gone. If they are gay and suck, I want them gone (Carl). 

We are in a day and age, literally no one cares what you do in your personal time or what your sexual orientation is. Just play good football. We are football fans. 

This 100%

bottom line how does this effect the team?

how does this effect his play? He honestly has semi sucked and not earned his contract. I never liked the signing in the first place. Now you suck, and your overpaid and you’re becoming a distraction. Tell me what you did in the off-season to get better not what you do in your bedroom. That’s like hr3 saying he likes wild orgies with 4-5 strippers…who cares. Did you work on your routes did you get stronger? How are you gonna improve to help us win?

bottom line 

Like I mentioned our locker room is already on life support. I was hoping for a semi quiet offseason for ONCE so we can just focus on football.

that’s all I care about 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Oh his point was clear from the get go. 

If you feel the need to ask "how" "that" can be done (a harmonious lockeroom), crack comments about "workplace accommodations" despite Nassib having been in the league for, what, 4 or 5 years now, labelling him as a distraction for expressing himself on his own non-Raiders account (something like 80+% of the guys in the league do on a routine basis), strategically bring up wondering what Carr thinks about it (oh, I get it, because Carr is religious!....) when Carr already came out in support, etc. etc., then you're at best a closeted homophobe or insecure little man. 

His point was as clear as day from the first exchange. It has nothing to do with football or the locker room. His problem is that Nassib is gay. Full stop. 

He's just not big enough to admit that THAT is what his beef is. 

Edited by ronjon1990

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Really?

He felt the need to tell people to empower other less fortunate people to be able to be more comfortable being themselves. I'm sure there are lots of people who will feel more confident in revealing their true selves due to this incredibly brave act. 

It is especially important in the NFL as there are: 

1 - Obviously many more gay players that haven't been comfortable enough to publicly admit that, maybe fearing a backlash or ridicule, bullying etc. The most difficult step is the first step.

2 - Millions of young people who watch NFL and need to know it's OK to be who you are and sometimes that needs a well known figure to reinforce that. If a young boy is scared to reveal who he is then a big, physically gifted, successful NFL player might just be a great role model for that boy for example.

3 - It's really important to the Raiders as we clearly have a tolerant owner and infrastructure that is a place where Nassib feels comfortable revealing this news. I think it shows that he thinks he has support in the locker room and that is a massively positive sign.

4 - It might actually help him play better now he's unencumbered by carrying around a secret that he's probably been anxious and worried over for a long, long time. Maybe coach Bradley has helped, players enthuse about his personal skills regularly.

If any players are not comfortable with this then they need to really grow up and find a new team, we don't want those type of players representing the franchise anyway IMO.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Really?

He felt the need to tell people to empower other less fortunate people to be able to be more comfortable being themselves. I'm sure there are lots of people who will feel more confident in revealing their true selves due to this incredibly brave act. 

1 - Obviously many more gay players that haven't been comfortable enough to publicly admit that, maybe fearing a backlash or ridicule, bullying etc. The most difficult step is the first step.

2 - Millions of young people who watch NFL and need to know it's OK to be who you are and sometimes that needs a well known figure to reinforce that. If a young boy is scared to reveal who he is then a big, physically gifted, successful NFL player might just be a great role model for that boy for example.

3 - It's really important to the Raiders as we clearly have a tolerant owner and infrastructure that is a place where Nassib feels comfortable revealing this news. I think it shows that he thinks he has support in the locker room and that is a massively positive sign.

4 - It might actually help him play better now he's unencumbered by carrying around a secret that he's probably been anxious and worried over for a long, long time. Maybe coach Bradley has helped, players enthuse about his personal skills regularly.

If any players are not comfortable with this then they need to really grow up and find a new team, we don't want those type of players representing the franchise anyway IMO.

this 100%

i personally dont care about a players sexual orientation and like NCough am only worried about the results of the Raiders. Buuut, this is bigger than football. and this is a huge step in the right direction. So that one day kids wont feel the need to hide their true selves to the world, the fact that 40% of gay teens have considered suicide is all the proof i need to realize this was necessary. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Really?

The rest is great and I understand that and that’s great one of my best friends from 2nd grade is a female who is attracted to females and I remember when she came out. She didn’t need a billboard she just told the people who mattered to her. More power to the cause.

But I don’t think players should be cut for anything other than performance related issues. 

That said #4 is my main priority and if that’s gets me called names then it is what it is.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN