Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Coming in at #11, not that it matters.

Haha these things are so knee jerk! 2 weeks ago we were something like #27..........it's good to see getting some feel good and positive publicity but I think as long as we don't take our eye off the ball and just keep our heads down we should be in playoff contention when all said and done barring Carr going down or some calamitous injury list. Playoffs should be the aim this year and anything else is a bonus. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I just still don't understand why the staff had so much faith in Richie being able to stay healthy or why we didn't bring in a veteran OT for depth purposes? 

I can not remember who I had the argument with about Ritchie.  It was a Cable argument.  I said Cable is not a good coach because he makes more bad decisions then good.  One of my points was the team relying on a 38 year old Incognito after an Achilles injury that kept him out of 14 games last year.

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

He can dye it rainbow colors as far as I'm concerned if he keeps winning.

Yup. 

People kept telling him "It's all in your head."

I'm not quite sure he got the actual point, but screw it. Definitely explains the lack of hair brained decision making.

Edited by ronjon1990

On 9/23/2021 at 6:17 AM, drfrey13 said:

I can not remember who I had the argument with about Ritchie.  It was a Cable argument.  I said Cable is not a good coach because he makes more bad decisions then good.  One of my points was the team relying on a 38 year old Incognito after an Achilles injury that kept him out of 14 games last year.

It shouldn't be the OL coach's decision and responsibility. The HC and the GM should determine the roster and they should ultimately decide how much faith they put into a 38 year old guy and who they bring in behind him.

Yeah they should, could ask the OL coaches opinion, but they should decide and therefore the blame os on them IMO.

12 hours ago, Rolni said:

It shouldn't be the OL coach's decision and responsibility. The HC and the GM should determine the roster and they should ultimately decide how much faith they put into a 38 year old guy and who they bring in behind him.

Yeah they should, could ask the OL coaches opinion, but they should decide and therefore the blame os on them IMO.

Under normal circumstances the higher ups should shoulder more blame for the decision but like I have stated many times before Cable holds more sway over the personnel than he should.  Gruden and Mayock deserve the blame for allowing him to have that much control and Mark Davis shoulders the blame for allowing Gruden full control over the team.  This has been discussed before but our power structure is not normal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

wonder if Brandon Parker can start and hold down the Right Tackle spot. I didn't notice him the other game, could kick in Leatherwood to jump start the running game. Wasn't he know for being able to play both, or would that be too much to ask for a rookie

He actually played RG in college so it could work but I do not think Cable likes to move his rookies around.  If he did we would have seen Parker at LT his rookie year and we would have rested Miller when he hurt his knee.  I would be very cautious with putting Parker at RT though.  Maybe the lightbulb finally turned on.  The square peg might have changed its shape.