Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 10/19/2021 at 10:45 AM, drfrey13 said:

I do not have any stats to back it up so I could be wrong but that is how Carr has played in the past.  He has drastically improved this year and I think he will statistically exceed what we want from him this year with Gruden gone.  Remember it use to be the norm that he would have 0-2 throws per game that went more than 20 yards.  Looks like he should hit or exceed my projections for him before the season and even I thought the numbers were high.  He has 4 good to great games and 2 bad ones.  My only critique is that he has not been able to throw as many TDs as I want but you can trash that stat as long as we are winning.  Him not throwing many TD while we are 4-2 speaks to the improvement on defense.  

🎯🎯🎯only issue now are the td’s but w’s are the most important 

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I didn't realize Trufant is taking Teamer's spot on the roster because he's going to IR. Teamer was a good player who didn't make a ton of mistakes. That loss stings a bit. 

We have 8 players on IR. Ouch. 

How many are due back (and when?) and how many are lost for the season?

19 hours ago, Dessie said:

Any chance of us trading Ferrell and/or Kwit before the deadline. Might depend on Morrows fitness for Kwit I guess. 

We should look into it. He has no role on that D other than giving a breather to Crosby/Ngakoue. And he's not playing any DT snaps either (or i missed it). Nassib is playing more snaps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

We should look into it. He has no role on that D other than giving a breather to Crosby/Ngakoue. And he's not playing any DT snaps either (or i missed it). Nassib is playing more snaps.

If we pulled Cooks out of Ferrell, I would become a Mayock stan overnight. 

We'd instantly have one of the better receiving units in the NFL, and it gives room for Ruggs and Edwards to rotate. Ruggs has improved a lot, but Edwards still has some room. Take the pressure off a bit. Cooks is performing with....Davis Mills and a cast of nobody's. 

And Ferrell is just taking up a spot at this point. He's destined to be a deep reserve at best for us. Move him while he still maybe has some stock to rehab.

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Very disappointing for Ferrell. His run stopping abilities are solid but he's just not really getting it done in other areas. Not sure what market will be available for him but odds are we won't be signing him again so why not send him away?

I don't think we'd get much in return. Ferrell doesn't fit Bradley's scheme, he'd be more useful for someone else. Minnesota maybe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't think we'd get much in return. Ferrell doesn't fit Bradley's scheme, he'd be more useful for someone else. Minnesota maybe.

I absolutely agree on all accounts. My line of thinking is that if we aren't planning on keeping him and we can trade him away for a 7th rounder, is there any harm in doing so? Might as well get something instead of nothing unless there's something I'm not seeing here.

This might be a sore topic around here but I also think we should for Mariota while he's healthy b/c we have to assume that this won't last long if he sees the field. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I absolutely agree on all accounts. My line of thinking is that if we aren't planning on keeping him and we can trade him away for a 7th rounder, is there any harm in doing so? Might as well get something instead of nothing unless there's something I'm not seeing here.

This might be a sore topic around here but I also think we should for Mariota while he's healthy b/c we have to assume that this won't last long if he sees the field. 

I bet someone out there would give a 4th for Ferrell tbh. Heck, give us a 5th we can package for a 4th. 

He's not what we wanted him to be, and that will likely forever diminish our perception of him given the investment made. But to the NFL outside of the Raiders, I doubt he's as worthless. 

• Like 1